+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 6/7 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Well, personally, I haven't laughed that much in a long time! I can see how it would get totally old if the show ran for more than 4 episodes, though. I mean, how many more ways can you portray flaky?? But last nights show was very entertaining!!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

actors actors actors... they didn't even attempt to make themselves look like reality show contestants.

I didn't realize they were waiting to show the reactions at the end. I laughed my butt off at this last night - great show! I've had so many strange co-workers over the years that I could feel for the poor employees trying to work with these people.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I must be so used to a laugh track that I didn't even notice it. I also didn't think they were actors.
    I somehow missed the laugh track as well, and thought they were supposed to be regular people rather than actors.

If they're actors, that minimizes one of the things I thought was most noteworthy about the show, how each of them were so creative in promoting their undesireablity. I was wondering while watching them if any of the rest of us could do as well.

I'm certain I could get fired, thats no biggie, the timing is what makes the difference. Like other posters, I would have pulled out the ax on all of them prior to noon if I really had the ability to fire them. The delegating was interesting, none of the managers wanted to be the bad guy and went out of their way putting up with far more outrageousness than I had anticipated they would.

All four segments were entertaining, but I liked the last two the most. Miss America was too cute, but I liked her psycho counterpart the best.

Clickity clack, clickity clack, clickity clack, clickity clack....

I really though the moaning panel/WD-40 would be her undoing, but her co-workers figured they deserved to suffer a bit longer.

I liked how when expresso guy went back, his whup act former co-worker came out immediately with the intention of getting physical.

Maybe I've been watching too much TV because I didn't notice the laugh track until now that you all mentioned it. I thought the show was funny but I can see why it's only 4 weeks.... well at least by then, we'll be ready for Big Brother.
    Last edited by fluff; 06-09-2005 at 07:46 AM.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I'm so ashamed of myself. I decided that my chore(s) needed finishing, so I missed this. AND it was a major one that I was excited to catch.

BUT..reading all of your posts really helped!! You all crack me up so much.

Does anyone know if last night's episode be repeated at all?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I'm looking forward to the final ep when everyone will be posting that they hate to see the show end. Note to self: Say I told you so.

I never thought of the stuff they came up with so why would any of it be repeated?
    I don't mind if they are actors as long as they make me laugh.
    I don't mind the laugh track since I never noticed it.
    I can't wait until next week's show. Who here at FORT would be a good contestant for this?

FORT Fanatic
    I really enjoyed this show a lot.I'd much rather see this than more "Rob & Amber" and dating and dancing reality junk.I'm not sure that it can last and still stay fresh but I'll definately stick around awhile. While I really felt for the others workers,I think that they were all was too easy on the contestants.I would (and have lots of times) kicked them out way sooner. I just don't think you can have that kind of monkey business go on in a retail store setting.

I would have liked for them to give the last part, where they go back into the stores, a little more time.About the laugh track, it didn't bother me and I got the sense that the show was being watched by a studio audience and that's where the laughs came from, but that's just a hunch. I think they used to do it on Jamie Kennedy's show, too. Wonder what ever happened to that? These type of show seem to come and go rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Like other posters, I would have pulled out the ax on all of them prior to noon if I really had the ability to fire them.
    I think a lot of the managers were scared to fire them. As wacky as they were acting, I would be concerned they would go off the deep end and come back with a gun. Plus, someone here previously mentioned that they were scared to fire them because the owners of the business had most likely hired them. Both make sense.

I enjoyed the show... I didn't care for the laughtrack at first either, but by the end of the show, I didn't even notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Novalia
    actors actors actors... they didn't even attempt to make themselves look like reality show contestants.
    I kind of had that feeling too.

I only watched it because there was nothing else on, but it's not really my type of show. I don't like the Hidden Camera/Practical Joke-type things. Guess I won't bother watching the rest of the episodes.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread