+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brooke Burns, Host of Dog Eat Dog

Brooke Burns, Host of Dog Eat Dog

[IMG]images/img/brooke_burns_DED_1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]images/img/brooke_burns_DED_2.jpg[/IMG]

FORT Fogey
    I've never seen this show or heard of her so I looked up this info. I think it's a bit dated. Turns out she was in Shallow Hal with Jack Black for a scene or two.

As a teenager, Burns showed great promise as a professional ballet dancer but her career was abruptly ended at age 14 after a ski accident. A successful model since the age of 16, she has been featured in American and European fashion magazines and has appeared in televised ads for Mug Root Beer, Matrix and Carrows Restaurants.

Burns also starred on the syndicated series "Out of the Blue" which was shot on location in Orlando, Florida. She later moved to Los Angeles. Ironically, her first audition following her the move to the West Coast was for Baywatch. She didn't get the part, but her natural good looks and talents made an impression on the producers who subsequently called her in to audition for the role of "Jessie."

She is a natural athlete who excels as a swimmer having been trained by her father, a former national champion swimmer at SMU. In her spare time, Burns is a mentor for PennyLane, a residential home for abused children.
    Source: http://www.spacesurfer.com/wceleb/li...e_Burns_b.html

It's definitely a bit dated. Isn't she a former Baywatch Babe?

LG.
    the DED website says that she was formerly on Baywatch, John, but can't say that I've endured enough episodes of that show to recognize her myself. Germans love David Hasselhoff.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey
    Just ventured over to IMDB and she played "Jessie Owens" on Baywatch from 1998-2000.

Here's her reaction upon learning she has her very own thread on FORT:

FORT Regular
    I am a HUGE fan of Fear Factor...and figured that Dog Eat Dog would be similar & that I'd enjoy it as much. Wrong. I watched one or two episodes, and hated it.

And, I have to say, she is a HORRIBLE host! :rolleyes:
    Looks alone do NOT a good host make...

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Carlylicious
    And, I have to say, she is a HORRIBLE host! :rolleyes:
    Looks alone do NOT a good host make...
    After that guy from Get Me Out of Here I'm a Celebrity and Monica's stint on Mr. Personality, I can't handle another bad host!

Besides, there's only ONE Joe Rogan!

<-- Cooler Than Cool!!!

QUOTES:

"After that guy from Get Me Out of Here I'm a Celebrity and Monica's stint on Mr. Personality, I can't handle another bad host!"

"And, I have to say, she is a HORRIBLE host!
    Looks alone do NOT a good host make..."

Well, I hadn't ever watched DED (an appropriate acronym, I might add, as it describes the appealability of the contestants and host) so I thought I'd give it a try. (Besides, there was nothing else on last night.) Absolutely HORRIFIC! It's a shame, too, since the stunts are so cool. I even gave it two episodes (or one and a half - I just couldn't stay tuned IN for the entire second episode), figuring maybe the first one was just a fluke. The contestants were beyond obnoxious and the format is not very entertaining. (The fact that people can get sent off to the 'dog pound' with out ever having done ANYTHING is ridiculous.)

Also, I completely agree with Carlylicious and Deep Dish that the host was TERRRIBLE! I thought I would have an aneurysm listening to her high-pitched screeching at the contestants when they won/did well. WHERE do they get these people to host???? Is it really that hard to find a palatable gameshow host??? Bring Bob Eubanks or Wink Martindale out of retirement if you have to, but at least give us someone we can watch!!!
    It's over for this season but PLEASE give us more of
    THE AMAZING RACE!!!
    Please Please Please CBS - give us TAR5!!!!!!!
    I The Amazing R A C E !

I love Brooke as a person. She seems like such a sweet woman but as a game show host she is not working for me. I will say she's a little better this year than she was last year. She kills me when the contestant is either trying to hold himself up or running the treadmill and she takes her time reading the questions. I like her and would like to see her in something else. I like DED better than FF so I would love to see Joe as the host. Not gonna happen though.::::sigh::::
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I'd like to see her in something else, too.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast