+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Eat Dog to be "wetter and wilder", with 2-hour premiere

Dog Eat Dog to be "wetter and wilder", with 2-hour premiere

NBC GETS JUMP ON THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER WITH SECOND SEASON PREMIERE OF 'DOG EAT DOG' ON MAY 27

Published: May 19, 2003

Top Rated Summer Reality Series Returns with Special Back-to-Back Episodes

BURBANK, Calif. -- May 19, 2003 -- NBC gets wetter and wilder in the second season of the hit series “Dog Eat Dog” in a special back to back episode on Tuesday, May 27 (8-10 p.m. ET). Brooke Burns (“Baywatch”) hosts each one-hour episode that pits six players against one another in a game in which the final “top dog,” the winner, may actually be the biggest surprise.

Each week, six new contestants begin the game by spending a day together, undergoing various tests of intellect and brawn, so that as a result they may judge each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Re-convening the next day on the elaborate “Dog Eat Dog” stage, they then set out to find the “top dog,” someone who could walk home with $25,000 in prize money.

With one of the largest and most challenging indoor stunt sets ever seen on a network game show, the “Dog Eat Dog” stage features a more than 30-ft. tall tower and a 300,000-gallon swimming tank. Built to accommodate the most demanding stunts and games, this daunting environment forces players to mine their endurance, strength and wits.

Premiering in the summer of 2002, “Dog Eat Dog” was NBC's top-rated new program in total viewers and adults 18-49 and ranked third among all programs for the summer in the key 18-49 category, behind only Fox's two editions of "American Idol."

"Dog Eat Dog" -- from the producer of NBC's hit "Fear Factor" and the producer of "Weakest Link" -- is a production of NBC Studios in association with BBC-Worldwide. Matt Kunitz ("Fear Factor") and Stuart Krasnow ("Weakest Link") are the executive producers.

Tune in tonight at 8pm and again at 9pm for the special back-to-back episode premier

8pm:
    60 min.
    Return: Six players vie for $25,000 by assigning dares to the contestant they feel is most likely to fail. The opener's challenges include swinging from one mid-air crate to another before they drop to the ground; and an above-the-pool trivia round. Brooke Burns hosts.

9pm:
    60 min.
    Dares include treadmill trivia; and a challenge that pits one contestant against thousands of pounds of rushing water. Brooke Burns hosts.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    Check us out later this week, as Zhora will be joining me as guest recapper so we can cover both of tonight's new episodes.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

JR.
    Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    Check us out later this week, as Zhora will be joining me as guest recapper so we can cover both of tonight's new episodes.
    Oooo, like a double team Sweet!

They had some interesting new challenges tonight. And of course a good selection of hotties in bathing suits.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

FORT Fogey

It's a Dog Eat Dog World

I just finished watching the two hours back to back and I was pleased for both the winners.

These guys were in great shape and seemed to excel not only in the physical challenges but the mental ones as well. That said, the mental ones weren't that tough, but one guy had to do it on an ever speedier treadmill suspended high above water.

I much prefer Fear Factor because I think it is a grittier and raunchier show with that added "gross" factor. And I like Joe Rogan.

Joe's probably busy perfecting his "stand-up" comedy right about now and taking it on the road.

Matt Kunitz is the same genius who's producing both shows, so he can rake in the big bucks all year long.

My husband had never seen the show but couldnt believe the girls in the bikinis so now its his favorite show. hehe

I do think the questions were a bit easier than I remember.

LG.
    actually, I thought some of the questions were even tougher than last year, as most of their trivia questions are a complete joke, which makes it all the funnier when the Dog Pound has no clue.

Working on the DED recap right now.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

but really, if you honestly couldn't think of a single Russian President would you ever in a million years guess Bin Laden? Gee, if I had no clue I wouldn't risk looking stupid by guessing like that
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fogey

Beer, brawn, babes in bikinis

Originally posted by cali
    but really, if you honestly couldn't think of a single Russian President would you ever in a million years guess Bin Laden? Gee, if I had no clue I wouldn't risk looking stupid by guessing like that
    Sitting in the comfort of my room watching these knuckleheads perform amazing feats and then come up with "Bin Laden" actually floored me. This woman did not strike me as a complete idiot until that moment.

I would have liked the Asian guy to perform some physical challenge, he looked like he could give someone a run for his money, but alas, it was not to be.

This show is geared toward the lowest common denominator. The only thing missing was the keg.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast