+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fear Factor Finals begin April 28

Fear Factor Finals begin April 28

Semi-Final Round 1: 04-28-2003 8:00PM

Joe Rogan hosts this semi-final round of the season championship in which 12 of the 24 winners from this season must decide if they have the guts and determination to face their most primal fears when confronted with a series of challenging stunts under the supervision of professional Hollywood stunt coordinators. The previous winners compete against themselves, extreme challenges -- and each other -- in the hope of winning a new car at the end of the episode and returning to vie for $100,000 in the finals. In this episode, contestants are handcuffed inside a locked and violently swinging plexiglas box strapped beneath a helicopter. The two contestants that escape the box and jump into the lake below the fastest win the car and advance to the finals. John de Mol ("Big Brother") and Matt Kunitz ("Dog Eat Dog") are the executive producers of this series from Endemol Entertainment USA..

FORT Fogey
    You can't show sucking a goat's teat on tv?!?! Ah, who cares! That was still the best stunt I've ever seen on Fear Factor!

Quite a worthy first semi-final and it didn't disappoint. The first stunt was classically frustrating because it was pretty random. Assuming you had a steady hand and a quick pace, it could all be over for you before you even started if you opponent picked the lucky key.

The goat-milking was brilliant! I've never done it but I can't understand why Hyden didn't alter his sucking technique once he realized his first two attempts were kinda weak.

The last stunt was pretty cool as well and I thought Aaron and Mark did fine jobs.

Joe went nuts with the one-liners tonight. Makes me wish this was on Showtime for his full on humor. Next week looks just as good!

Fear Factor is back!

FORT Fogey

Tonight, the Fear Factor Championships begin!

Spoken like a true FF fanatic!

It was good tonight, but did you notice something? In the first stunt everyone on one side of the suspended Plexiglas box won each time. Why is that?

The goat's milking by mouth was pretty tame compared to some of the past gross food competitions. Goat's milk is even good for you although it does taste a bit gamy. Mark Hewlett from Zimbabwe was so cool, and certainly knew what he was doing. I was rooting for him. He and Aaron Mullen each ended up winning a car.

I didn't think the stunts were varied enough. Two of them involved being suspended in a see-through box and both involved locks and keys.

It was interesting how none of the breast-enhanced women made it to the end. Why only men? It's not fair.

Mark is my favorite.

The goat thing was just wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Regular
    I was surprised that the stunts weren't more varied, and weren't more difficult and/or gross!

My husband was grossed-out by the goat stunt, although I actually thought that wasn't too bad! Give me that stunt ANY day over eating eyeballs or animal rectums!!! Bring on the teats!

Joe was hysterical..."suck harder" (with a sideways glance at the camera)!!! Ha!!!

RMD.BBY.TV.CLUB
    Why did they show the Asian dude on the website failing in the goat milking stunt before the show even aired? That was lame.

FORT Fogey
    I don't tihnk it was fair how Summer had to go again't Aaron and Tamie had to go against mark, they shoulda had to go against each other so there was at least 1 women in the final! Made me soooo made, i was cheering for the ladies. Oh well. There's still some ladies in the next part like Olivia. Goooo girl!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    The goat's milking by mouth was pretty tame compared to some of the past gross food competitions. Goat's milk is even good for you although it does taste a bit gamy. Mark Hewlett from Zimbabwe was so cool, and certainly knew what he was doing. I was rooting for him. He and Aaron Mullen each ended up winning a car.
    Insider information: The goats had not been washed, and the goats smelled of manuer. (Apparently someone on the production staff wanted strong facial reactions from the contestants.)

Aaron had a bit of an edge on this stunt. He spent many of his child hood summers on his grandparent's farm where milking the cows and goats was just a part of the daily routine. Drinking the goat's milk was an unwelcomed part of that daily routine.

+ Reply to Thread