+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joe Rogan is The Don

FORT Fogey

Joe Rogan is The Don

Joe's too cool for school and my second fave reality tv host after Phil Keoghan.

FORT Fogey

There is more to Fear Factor than just Joe's pretty face

Joe is pretty cool and unlike Jeff Probst does not admit that he has eaten any gross food whatsoever. That is not part of his job description.

Fear Factor is a very successful show which gets little respect among the reality show circuit.

Actually, the concept is quite novel. Extreme stunts are performed by a group of 3 men and 3 women (usually) although there has been an all woman group in the past.

The feats require equal amount of skill and guts. They usually involve high altitudes, moving parts, wind, or underwater stunts which are all a race against time.

Did I mention the gross food competition? Sometimes, in place of that you can be lowered into a coffin-size opening and have buckets of snakes, worms, scorpions, and other creepy crawlies poured over you. The only one I remember who ever seemed to enjoy this was crazy Stephen Baldwin in Celebrity Fear Factor and he ended up as top dog.

I do enjoy watching this show and would like to mention that they have at least 2 women per show with augmented breasts. So if Heidi loses in Survivor she can always apply to be a contestant on FF.

My only problem with the show: how is the "gross food challenge" in any way related to fear?

I'd actually watch this show regularly, if it were just 3 scary-as-hell stunts.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by John
    My only problem with the show: how is the "gross food challenge" in any way related to fear?
    A couple of ways, I think. First, gagging can be scary (I'm serious even though I just made myself laugh).

Second, a lot of the gross foods are basically no different from other stuff like seafood. A madgascar roach is a shrimp as far as tasting and texture goes. So the fear is about stereotypes associated with what a person thinks as inedible. I could bite into the belly of a formaldehyde piglet for a shot at $50,000. However if you give me a plain ham sandwich that was cut with a knife that was previously used to cut a sandwich that had mayo in it, I've lost because mayo is my fear.

FORT Fogey
    What about tortilla chips dipped in mayo served on a clown placemat? (apologizing for personal knowledge and cruel streak right here and now)

And BTW your glib explanation about Madagascar roaches tasting like shrimp doesn't cut it because you would not consume the entire shrimp, shell and all, would you?

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by CaliGirl
    What about tortilla chips dipped in mayo served on a clown placemat? (apologizing for personal knowledge and cruel streak right here and now)
    OMG. I will officially not sleep tonight.

And BTW your glib explanation about Madagascar roaches tasting like shrimp doesn't cut it because you would not consume the entire shrimp, shell and all, would you?
    You're not going to let me get away with this one, are you? :chef

+ Reply to Thread