+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone trying out?

FORT Newbie

Anyone trying out?

I see that there s going to be tryouts for Fear Factor in Detroit this Saturday. Just wondering if anyone living close to Detroit might be trying out. I'd like to go but can't seem to find anyone to go with (wonder why???). I thought about submitting an application and videotape to try out. Has anyone here done this? I have a feeling I may be too 'old' (I'm 34). Any thoughts?

JR.
    I don't think you're too old, Monday night's winner was 33 I think. Apparently it does help to look good though. I say go for it if you think you can do it.

I couldn't do it. I couldn't eat most of that stuff for a shot at 50Gs. Guaranteed cash maybe...

FORT Newbie
    Hmmmm Maybe I will try out. I am thin and in really good shape. I just wonder what they expect one to do on the video you send with the application?

If I lived in Michigan, I would go with you, just to see what it's like and voyeur-ize.

Earlier, after I read your post, I instant-messaged a friend from kzoo and encouraged him to accompany you. This same friend has totally been on board with me about applying to "Survivor." But, his response to FF?

1) you're nutz!!!!!!!!
    2) i'd do almost any other show but ff...........no way!!
    3) i'm a wimp

I suppose I'm very naive about the possibility of doing damage to oneself on this show. I've never seen FF. I guess that's why it seems so tame.

They make you eat maggots and bungee jump and stuff, no? Don't they record and capitalize on your fears? You could totally lie about what you're afraid of! You could be all like, "I'm deathly afraid of kittens!"

Good luck, Catherine!

I'm not anywhere near Detroit, but I totally encourage you to apply and will be sending you moral support from afar.

I would never go on FF myself (I'm about the clumsiest person in the world and rest-assured, I would hurt myself) but I had once tried to get my husband to apply, because he's one of those thrill-seeking, daredevil type of guys.

Here's some info for you on applying, particularly on how to do the videotape, as you had asked: (You can also find this info on the NBC site at http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Fear_Factor/apply_4_01_03.shtml#video )

How to Apply for Fear Factor:
    In addition to individuals, Fear Factor is currently seeking Couples Families and Twins for next season.

How to Apply:
    Applying for Fear Factor begins with 4 steps:

1. Making a 5-minute personal videotape
    2. Filling out a written application, including a recent photo
    3. Sending it to our casting team.
    4. Couples Families and Twins, click here for specific instructions for each category before applying.

1. Making Your Videotape

Making a videotape audition for the program is very easy. Using a video camera, make us a 5-minute tape that explains why you would be an excellent candidate for Fear Factor. Be creative, show us your personality - tell us who you are and what makes you unique. Start with your name and hometown. There is no "right" or "wrong" thing to say on your tape, we just want to get to know you and what makes you a unique and special person.

-DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY STUNTS ON YOUR TAPE
    -Make sure we can see and hear you clearly.
    -At the end of the tape please zoom the camera out to include a full body shot.
    -Label the tape with your name, age, address and phone number.
    -We can only accept VHS tapes (The ones that fit in your VCR). Transferring your camcorder tape to VHS can be accomplished easily. Use the Red, White, and Yellow cables that come with your camera to connect it to your VCR. Push play on your camera, and Record on your VCR. Please run a test and make sure your transfer worked properly.
    -Be Kind, Rewind. Rewinding your tape to the beginning greatly increases our fondness for you.

2. Filling out the Application:

Click here to download the application. Please take your time and answer the questions honestly. Additional instructions are enclosed on the first page of the application. We will only accept completed and signed applications if they are accompanied by your videotape.

Include a recent photo:
    Please enclose a recent personal photo with the application. Make sure your photo(s) are clearly labeled with your name and phone number on the back. It is best, though not mandatory to send 2 clear photos of just you - one close up and one full body.

3. Sending Your Package
    Please Label Your Package and send it to:

Fear Factor Casting - "CITY NAME"
    1149 N. Gower Suite 105
    Los Angeles, CA 90038

What is "CITY NAME" you ask? We will visit select cities across the US over the coming months. If you are chosen to move on to the next round of casting, you will be invited to interview in person. If you are invited to interview, you must be willing to travel at your own expense to be interviewed at a location near you: In quotation marks after "Fear Factor Reality Casting" on the mailing label, print the city located closest to where you live:

Seattle, Washington
    Portland, Oregon
    San Francisco, CA
    Los Angeles, CA
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Denver, Colorado

Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Chicago, IL
    Austin, TX
    Memphis, TN

Boston, MA
    New York City
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Washington, DC
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Miami, Florida
    Hawaii

The Producers reserve the right to add or cancel cities and/or substitute other cities as interview locations.

To review, here is your "To Do" List:

1. Make a 5 minute videotape
    2. Label the tape with your name, age, address and phone number
    3. Complete and sign the application
    4. Include the photos.
    5. Determine your nearest city from the list above, and note it where appropriate.
    6. Kiss it good luck and send it in.

Please note: Application materials will not be returned. Limit: One application package per person.
    Again, good luck to you! I hope we'll be seeing you on TV, 50g richer!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

BTW, here's the link for the online app:
    http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Fear_Factor/ff_season4_app.html
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Regular
    Catherine (and anyone else who's gutsy enough to try out for FF): This one's for you...

I could do most of the food stunts (I think!), but what would kill me is the water stunts, which are on almost every episode. I'm deathly afraid of being stuck underwater & am not much of a swimmer. So...that leaves me out of the running...

Anyway, I'm envious of anyone who can go on Fear Factor! It looks like a blast, and how you are perceived by the audience is truly controlled by you & how you handle yourself. Doesn't matter if you win or not (except that you're out $50G's!), you can still leave the show (even doing the Walk of Shame) with dignity and class intact! IMO!

So...Catherine...you go, girl!!!

Definitely. Keep us posted if you do try out and welcome to the FoRT.

+ Reply to Thread