+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4/7 - Go-karts and blended cockroaches

Linda was a nutcase loser I pray for someone who riding in a car with her "lets play chicken".

I Love Monkey Island! lisalisagreen's Avatar
    I didn't hear her talk that much trash if even any. :
    I thought that she kicked butt. I have to give it to her for drinking that last concoction while he made gross sounds in the background. YUCK!

FORT Fogey

Re: Blend me another one, Joe!

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    In "The Making of Fear Factor" we go to see that it takes 8-10 hours to film one of those stunts. Longer than it takes to put make up on Cher.
    Nice one, CG!

Tonight's first stunt showed the big mistake contestants make by putting too much emphasis on counting. Instead of driving the go-kart, they try to devise a plan while on the ground. Everyone except the 2 finalists succumbed to nerves, not the go-kart itself.

WOLF74, why all the hostility? No one on tonight's show remotely approached the trash-talking or bad attitudes that have been displayed on past Fear Factors.

Why the hostility because they put on people who think their all that and that get on my nerves. All they do is I'm better than you I'm better than you I'm better than you just shut up and do the stunt.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by WOLF74
    Why the hostility because they put on people who think their all that and that get on my nerves. All they do is I'm better than you I'm better than you I'm better than you just shut up and do the stunt.
    That's the whole point of trash-talking (even though we saw it minimally used last night). You rile up your opponents (in a jocular way) and that, combined with their own jitters, may work to your advantage. Or not.

A few weeks ago we had the Miss America contestants competing on Fear Factor. There was no trash talk at all because these people are bred to be congenial. The show kinda suffered because of it, I thought.

Plus, Joe Rogan himself is a master of chiding the contestants and then cheering them on too. It's part of the show -- just like the slow motion Resevoir Dogs intros of the players.

Will it still gets annoying all the time.

FORT Regular
    I don't particularly mind the trash-talking they do to each other on the show (and Joe's comments are a riot!:cool: ). And usually, it seems pretty tongue-in-cheek.

That said, it's nice to sometimes have an episode where the people are pretty decent to one another. It gives a bit of refreshing diversity to the program!

FORT Regular
    BTW, I thought that George was a hottie!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12