+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Dog Eat Dog" NBC Press Release

"Dog Eat Dog" NBC Press Release

BURBANK, Calif. -– February 6, 2003 -– NBC puts the bite on a second season of its top-rated new program from last summer with the return of reality series “Dog Eat Dog” in a preview on Monday, Feb. 24 (10-11 p.m. ET) followed the next night with its regularly scheduled season premiere on Tuesday, Feb. 25 (8-9 p.m. ET).

The competition-based series was renewed for a second season of 13 episodes last August.

Brooke Burns (“Baywatch”) hosts “Dog Eat Dog,” a reality game show in which six contestants first spend a day undergoing various tests of intellect and brawn to judge each other’s strengths and weaknesses. They then gather the next day on the elaborate stage to see if the "top dog" will walk away with $25,000 or if the other five players will split that amount amongst themselves.

“Dog Eat Dog” was NBC's top-rated new program last summer in total viewers and adults 18-49 and ranked third among all programs for the summer in the key 18-49 category, behind only Fox's two editions of "American Idol."

"Dog Eat Dog" -- from the producer of NBC's hit "Fear Factor" and the producer of "Weakest Link" -- is a production of NBC Studios in association with BBC-Worldwide. Matt Kunitz ("Fear Factor") and Stuart Krasnow ("Weakest Link") are the executive producers.

LG.
    were these episodes actually aired?

I'm so confused about the scheduling for this show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I know the one last night aired.

LG.
    You know John, I flipped on NBC at 8 eastern last night here in MSP and it was tv game show bloopers. I ended up watching AI (which I don't usually) because there wasn't anything else reality-esque on at that time. Wonder if my local affiliate is not covering this show anymore. They aired it last summer, but we have had 0 ads for this show and I swear it wasn't on last night, as least not at 7pm here.

If that is the case, we may be looking for another recapper. Geez, sorry.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.
    seriously, this is what aired on our local NBC last night:
    7:00 PM Channel 11 KARE Tuesday, 25

Most Outrageous Game Show Moments
    60 min.
    Comical, unscripted moments from such shows as “Card Sharks,” “Concentration,” “Tattletales,” “Hollywood Squares,” “I've Got A Secret,” “Jeopardy,” “Let's Make A Deal,” “Name That Tune,” “Password,” “Press Your Luck,” “The Newlywed Game,” “To Tell The Truth” and “Win Ben Stein's Money.” Highlighted hosts include Richard Dawson (“Family Feud”), Gene Rayburn (“The Match Game”), Anne Robinson (“Weakest Link”) and Regis Philbin (“Who Wants to Be a Millionaire”).

Rating: TV-14
    Category: Specialty & Other
    Release Year: 2002
    straight from www.tvguide.com, and I know this was really on because I clicked away from it as quickly as humanly possible

Ok, NBC apparently did it's thing, dawg. It's no longer on the schedule for at least 2 weeks. That's what I really CAN'T STAND about NBC. If you're moving stuff around, at least put a press release in the Media Village.

LG.
    *relieved that I'm not insane*

Ok then, we'll be hunting down this show in a couple of weeks. Should be fun. Here's a picture of the host, Brooke Burns, to tide everyone over:

JR, thanks for sharing your FF forum with me/us (hopefully there will be more DED fans that just me).

JR.
    Originally posted by lurkinggirl

JR, thanks for sharing your FF forum with me/us (hopefully there will be more DED fans that just me).
    Woohoo, co-ed forum!
    **one step closer to LG**

+ Reply to Thread