+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Woman Uses Fear Factor to Save her Life

Woman Uses Fear Factor to Save her Life

March 26, 2005 -- A California prison guard who escaped a car that sank in a flooded creek credits an episode of "Fear Factor" with saving her life.
    Debra Swaim's car was swept off the road into a creek during a flash flood late Tuesday. As her car sank, Swaim said she remembered an episode of NBC's "Fear Factor" in which contestants had to escape from a car in the water.

"I knew I've got to go through my window," she said. "That has everything to do with me watching 'Fear Factor.' "

Swaim called 911 twice before her cell phone was swept away, swam to the surface and spent nearly an hour clinging to a tree before she was rescued.

AP
    http://nypost.com/entertainment/43175.htm

I saw her on the Today show Friday. They surprised her with having Joe Rogan visit her at the LA, NBC affiliate station where she was being interviewed. She was sooo excited to meet him.

JR.
    See, this show is highly educational

FORT Newbie
    Glad to hear reality tv is beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    See, this show is highly educational
    No kidding. I never knew there were that many disgusting insects in the world until people started having to eat them all on Fear Factor!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    That's awesome to hear. I have been watching the show for awhile now, but I would have been to freaked out in that situation to be able to remember back to my 'Fear Factor' episodes...I just hope if something happens that does endangers my life, I'll be that quick thinking
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

+ Reply to Thread