+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry $50,000 just isn't enough

FORT Fan

I'm sorry $50,000 just isn't enough

To eat the crap those contestants eat. It truly amazes me what people will do/eat for money. I'd probably do any sort of challenge but I draw the line when it comes to eating bugs, fury pigs snouts and other body parts.

*shivers*

While I know all restaurants have bugs, IF I see a roach I'll never go back to that restaurant. GROSS!

(I'm not sure if this sort of topic has been posted before.. if so I'm sorry and understand if this gets deleted).

ITA--and I say this to myself every time I watch. I just couldn't force my mouth to open up for some of those live insects--who must be fighting all the way down and then some--and those blended up worms. How safe is it to eat this stuff. It's getting so it isn't safe to eat so called legitamite food, never mind eating bloody living glop.

FORT Fan
    I don't know if its worse to eat bugs live or blended. No matter, I know I couldn't do it. Its bad enough going to a restaurant... you never know what happened to your food before you get it.

I think I could handle 15 minutes or so of eating something gross as an excellent trade for a year's salary. 15 minutes of total ickiness vs. 2080 hours of work. Life is short - blend some intestines and roaches and fill up my glass!
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

I know where your coming from kcfemmefatale. 50,000 would be two years salary for me. So I would really love to do it. But I seriously doubt I could even stay in the room while the others were doing it. Much less do it myself. I can't even stand to watch it on tv.
    I also question how safe it is for them to be eating that stuff. I wonder how many have gotten food poisoning afterwards.

I think after taxes that is still a lot of money and can get you set for a while. If I won that money I could pay off my car and go to school. It's not as much as many other shows but this show is shelling that out once a week. I can't really see them upping it unless its sweeps. I think if I was on that show I would do most of that with 50 grand on my mind.

There have been times when i've seen a bug on a wall across the room from me, where I would have PAID $50,000 to have someone kill it for me. I just don't do bugs.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Premium Member
    Buffalo penis. Enough said... I think I'll keep my regular job.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I think I would be ok with the food part. All you have to do is chew and swallow. You can pretend you're eating the big, juicy steak you're going to get to celebrate after you win the money.

I would have a hard time doing anything with heights. I also wouldn't be good with speed challenges. I'm the slow but sure methodical type. I could probably beat anyone in a challenge as long as I had time to observe and plan a strategy but if winning depended on finishing quickly, I would probably be too slow or make too many mistakes.

It would suck to get through all the challenges and then lose the last one, which is usually a speed challenge.

FORT Fogey
    In the first couple seasons of the show they used to alternate the "middle" stunt between eating something gross and being burried in something gross or being locked in a giant habitrail with something gross.

But the last couple of seasons they seem to have stuck strictly with the eating stunts (with the exception of the multi-week "couples" competition).

I guess the eating stunts proved to either be more difficult for the contestants or better viewing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast