+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry $50,000 just isn't enough

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by brwnhotcoco
    I know what you mean, taxes take a good am't of that money and on top of that they arent even guareented to win after eating bugs and slime and having to do really scary stunts.

Its ridiculous.

Even if I was assured I was going to win... I still wouldn't eat and/or drink that crap. Never gonna happen. Its just not enough money. Before or after taxes.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kcfemmefatale
    And, yet, people clamor to be on the show and people tune in week after week to watch it.

Sure and I watch to see what people will do for money.... I'll not be clamoring to get on the show.

Premium Member
    It would be hard if you did it as a couple and you went through with it and ate whatever nasty crap they threw at you but your partner caved in and couldn't hack it. It would really suck to have done that for nothing, but that's the chance they all take anyway. Like Zhora said, you just get a chance to win. Not worth it... but the ice cold vodka with a splash of cranberry sounds good.

FORT Fan
    As I've mentioned, $50,000 is just not enough... having said that IF I went completely mad and decided to go on Fear Factor.... I'd never do the "couples". No way would I take the risk of my partner giving up.
    Like many episodes.... alot of big talk goes on when they are first introduced, but many end up quiting.

Only one winner... wouldn't take the chance.... $50,000 just isn't enough.

Changing my thoughts... I remember the challenge when they ate "Fear Factor" pizza. *gags* I'll just have the ice cold vodka with a splash of cranberry.

Yeah...the second stunt is probably what keeps most people from applying. But some of the physical ones look fun

FORT Fan
    I agree... some of the physical challenges do look fun. Even some of the car challenges look fun.

Methodragon... love the avatar!

I'd be curious to know how many of the people grossed out by the thought of eating meat (buffalo penis, pig rectum--meat, though maybe not a choice cut) are vegetarian and grossed out by eating animal parts generally. If not, would they take $50K to eat a bad piece of steak that they knew was medically safe? How about for a piece of liver (foie gras is a delicacy, though not for the goose), or tripe (stomach lining) or sweetbreads (thymus or pancreas glands)? And insects are just more of the same, protein and fat, and the staple of diets in many human populations.

In at least some of these cases, it's just mind over matter, or mind over words, because really...it's all just meat.
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

FORT Fan
    Good points. One truly doesn't know what they're really eating....

Thus why I mostly eat rice and vegetables. If I'm not eating pizza, the rest of the time I'm loving chocolate.

I dont know, with all the loans I owe back to school, $50k seems like a fortune to me lol

FORT Newbie
    I agree, especially since even after tax, the exchange over to the Canadian dollar would make the prize pretty sweet!

Something else to think about though, the USDA allows a 35% fat content (max) for meat products, and for ground products like sausages, there is a certain percentage they allow for what they call 'foreign matter' or 'foreign particulate'. This could be anything from bugs to small rodents. Also, I used to work in a poultry processing plant, and let me just say that even though there are inspectors, some pretty nasty stuff will make it on to your dinner plate, so what's there really to be afraid of?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast