+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry $50,000 just isn't enough

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdreams
    Sure and I know what you mean... its bad enough having to eat or put something gross in your mouth.. but tonights episode your partner first puts something in his/her mouth then spits it through a tube ending in the other persons mouth. OMG! How GROSS!
    I don't even like it when Mr. Marleybone drinks out of my glass. I would never make it.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl
    Ha! And you guys are all worried about mad cow disease!
    Kind of ironic, isn't it?

Exactly or anything you bite into and it squirts its juices out... GROSS!
    $50,000 is just NOT enough.
    Weenie roasts will never be the same after the buffalo penis. :phhht

Remember you don't get $50,000. There is taxes. You would receive about 35,000. Split that 2 ways ....$15,000. Now would you still eat the things as a couple? I know personally, I wouldn't even if it was all of the $35,000. I used a tax of 33%, because I don't know how much different luxury tax would be, but probably higher.
    There's no place like home!

Premium Member
    It's more like 40%.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by captain
    Remember you don't get $50,000. There is taxes. You would receive about 35,000. Split that 2 ways ....$15,000. Now would you still eat the things as a couple? I know personally, I wouldn't even if it was all of the $35,000. I used a tax of 33%, because I don't know how much different luxury tax would be, but probably higher.

Its just NOT enough. When they did the $1,000,000 "couples" show I was saying the same thing... I wouldn't do it.

Raising the stakes... how many of you would eat/drink the unthinkable for $1,000,000???

Even with the tax chunk taken out, 15 minutes of nastiness versus the hours of sitting at a desk to earn the money - ickiness would still win out for me. Life is too short - I'd rather be out exploring it. Give me the quick money any day!
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

FORT Fan
    Life is short.. but I'd rather be eating pizza and chasing it down with an ice cold vodka with a splash of cranberry.

Well...it's not even really like you get $50k minus taxes if you eat that stuff...you get a CHANCE to win $50k minus taxes.

I'd probably have a harder time beating someone in the physical challeges anyway.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

FORT Regular
    To eat the crap those contestants eat. It truly amazes me what people will do/eat for money. I'd probably do any sort of challenge but I draw the line when it comes to eating bugs, fury pigs snouts and other body parts.

*shivers*

While I know all restaurants have bugs, IF I see a roach I'll never go back to that restaurant. GROSS!

(I'm not sure if this sort of topic has been posted before.. if so I'm sorry and understand if this gets deleted).
    I know what you mean, taxes take a good am't of that money and on top of that they arent even guareented to win after eating bugs and slime and having to do really scary stunts.

Its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by brwnhotcoco
    I know what you mean, taxes take a good am't of that money and on top of that they arent even guareented to win after eating bugs and slime and having to do really scary stunts.

Its ridiculous.
    And, yet, people clamor to be on the show and people tune in week after week to watch it.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

FORT Regular
    If they are gonna do all that crazyness they should be atleast guareenteed to win. Plus they don't even get 50,000 because taxes take a good amount of that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast