+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fear Factor "My Buddy" 11-29-04

JR.

Fear Factor "My Buddy" 11-29-04

Fear Factor – 11/29/04

Hi everybody, and welcome to a “Best friends” edition of everyone’s favorite game show. The big question tonight is: Will they be friends when it’s over?
    And away we go…

Tremayne Bowens and Ryan Peterson – Tre is an Executive Chef from Green bay, Wisconsin, and Ryan is a Pharmaceutical Salesman from Appleton, Wisconsin.

Brandy McKinnon and Cecilia Slavin – Brandy is a Dental Assistant from Sunny Isles, Florida, and Cecilia is a Medical Manager from Addison, Texas.

Mike Fuller and Joey Artino – Mike is a Bartender and Joey is a Musician, both are from Cleveland, Ohio.

Tabitha Cooper and Amber Hobbs – both are waitresses from Nashville, Tennessee.

It’s nighttime as the gang makes their way through a reservoir where they meet up with host Joe Rogan. Before his usual speech, Joe wants to know how long these guys have known each other. Mike & Joey – 15 years; Tabitha & Amber – 3 years; Tre & Ryan – 3 years; Brandy & Cecilia don’t say, but we learn that they met in a plastic surgeon’s office. How sweet.

Joe then directs their attention to the pool for the first stunt:

Wet Behind the Ears
    Contestants will start on a deck and 1 at a time will have to: grab a strobe light, jump down through a hole into the water, swim through a tube, clip the strobe to the bottom of the tube, exit the pool, grab another strobe and hand it off to their partner who must repeat the process. The team that can get all 6, or the most, strobes will win. No one will be eliminated, but the winners will receive a pair of 2005 Dodge Dakota “Quad Cab” Laramies.

Tre & Ryan are up first, with Ryan starting things off. He gets the countdown and jumps in but immediately comes back up for air. He heads back down but has to stop at another air pocket. He quits, apparently because he swallowed some water. I think he’s just a girly-man. Tre shows what a good friend he is by giving a nice pep talk and telling Ryan is OK.

Brandy & Cecilia are next and show off their matching baby blue bikinis. Brandy will start, and jumps right in on “go”. She stops at an air pocket and heads for the tube. She goes for air again before clipping the strobe and heading out. Brandy makes it out, grabs a strobe, and hands it off. Cecilia hesitates, and Joe yells for her to jump in. She sticks her foot in the water, and then stands there with a silly grin on her face. We get the line of the night from Joe “This is Fear Factor, what the hell did you think you were getting in to?” She says she can’t do it and quits…without even trying. 1 strobe at 1:16. Pathetic. Joe chastises her when they get back to the group.

Mike & Joe are next, and Joe needs a comb for his nest head. Ryan goes first, stops for air, and clips the strobe. He gets up and out, grabs another strobe and passes it off. Joe goes about it pretty much the same way, and they continue to trade off. They eventually get all 6 and pull the flag in a time of 8:38.9

Tabitha & Amber finish this stunt in matching rainbow colored bikinis, and I come really close to passing out. They win already! Game’s over, everyone go home. Umm…anyway, Tabitha starts and does the girly “hold the nose” thing. She clips the first one, stopping to get air a few times. She makes it up and out, grabs another strobe, and hands it off. Amber has trouble navigating and gets “lost”, she can’t find the hole. She finds it eventually, and they make another hand off. Tabitha doesn’t clip one of the strobes, and they pass Mike & Joe’s time. They trucks go to the boys.

The group heads into the warehouse and meet Joe standing in front of a small covered table. He removes the cloth to reveal a bowl of leeches:

This Sucks
    Team members will stand on either side of a clear wall. One person will be blindfolded and must rely on the other to guide them over to the tank containing the leeches. Once there the person must suck up a mouthful, make it back to the wall, and pass them through a small hole into the other person’s mouth. That person must then put the leeches into a bowl. The team that transfers the most leeches in 2 minutes will win and get to pick the order of the next stunt. The losing team will be sent home.

Mike & Joe are up first. They get the count down and begin with Mike wearing the blindfold. The guys get out to a pretty steady pace, and don’t seem to have any trouble at all. They finish with 58 leeches.

Amber & Tabitha are next, and Amber will be blindfolded. She is so tiny that she has to climb up onto the table to reach the little blood suckers. It doesn’t even faze her though and she makes it back to the wall. I can’t even put into word how hot the exchange is, just use your imagination while I rewind a few times. They finish strong and end up with 63 to take the lead. They react to that news with a girly scream and a hug. I am in my happy place.

Ryan & Tre are up next, and Ryan is looking for redemption. Tre is wearing the blindfold and takes off on “go”. These two are moving really fast and getting big mouthfuls right to the end. It’s not even close as they end with 212!

Brandy & Cecilia finish this stunt, and Cecilia says she’s “definitely” not quitting this time. Uh oh, you know what that means. She will be blindfolded, which is probably not a good idea, and begins. She makes it over to the tank, sticks her face in a few times, and…wait for it… quits again! She quit twice, on the same show, in back to back stunts. WORST. PARTNER. EVER! Brandy looks horrified and I feel really bad for her. If there was ever a time for justifiable homicide, now would be that time. No one would fault Brandy for choking the life out of her “friend”. Joe is disgusted, Brandy is pissed, and Cecilia says “it’s too gross for me, it’s not my style”. Does she know where she is? WTF is she doing on this show then? This isn’t some dumbass, prissy “Next ____ Model” show. I think she’s going to need new friends, and a spine.

The 3 remaining pairs make their way to a quarry where Joe congratulates them on making it that far, and shows them the final stunt:

Rollin’, Rollin’, Rollin’
    Two giant barrels are suspended over 200 feet above the ground. Contestants must try to stay on for as long as possible as the barrels spin and pick up speed. The pair that stays on the longest will win. The clock stops when second person falls.

Tabitha & Amber are chosen to go first. Things are looking bad for them right away as Tabitha falls off at about 25 seconds. The barrel picks up speed and Amber stays right with it and is almost running. She hangs on to finish in 2:01. Very impressive considering the shaky start.

I sure hope Cecilia is watching because THAT is what this show is about.

Mike & Joe are picked to go next. They start off well, but Mike falls off at around 35 seconds. Joe stays on for a bit longer but it’s not enough to save this team. They’re done in 1:10.

Tre & Ryan finish the stunt. Tre starts out shaky, stumbling a bit right from “go”. He is able to get it together, but Ryan falls at 25 seconds. Tre hangs in for a bit, stumbles a few times, and finally falls at 1:03.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Tabitha & Amber are your Fear Factor “Best Friends” Champions! More screaming, more hugging, and even Joe gets in on the action. Lucky guy.

Next week: A special Christmas episode with flooding rooms, attack dogs, and snowman bowling.

Friends better than Cecilia can send mail to jr@fansofrealitytv.com

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Fear Factor – 11/29/04
    Joe needs a comb for his nest head.
    Tabitha & Amber finish this stunt in matching rainbow colored bikinis, and I come really close to passing out. They win already! Game’s over, everyone go home. Umm…anyway...
    She is so tiny that she has to climb up onto the table to reach the little blood suckers. It doesn’t even faze her though and she makes it back to the wall. I can’t even put into word how hot the exchange is, just use your imagination while I rewind a few times. They finish strong and end up with 63 to take the lead. They react to that news with a girly scream and a hug. I am in my happy place.
    Friends better than Cecilia can send mail to jr@fansofrealitytv.com
    Great recap JR. I thought you just might find your happy place this episode, and I see I was right.

I just want to say that Cecilia gave me the heebie jeebies before we even had a chance to see what an freakin' buffoon she turned out to be. *shakes fist at freaky chicken lady*

I've been dying for this recap to come up.....I kept checking throughout the day. I don't usually watch Fear Factor, but tuned in last night, and even I know what to expect on the show. Cecilia was such a waste of a contestant, and I agree with you, JR, Brandy would definitely have been justified in killing her right there and then. I loved how Joe gave her hell, and also loved it when Joe told Amber she had "mommy power" because she was able to go through childbirth, and she's raising her child on her own. He's the perfect host for this show.

Great recap, JR.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I've been dying for this recap to come up...... Cecilia was such a waste of a contestant, and I agree with you, JR, Brandy would definitely have been justified in killing her right there and then. I loved how Joe gave her hell

Great recap, JR.

I could not believe that chick! What a p*ssy!! My thinking is Brandy had a plain friend she applied with and when producers saw the inflatable Cecilia, they thought she would make better *J.R.* TV!

Great recap JR

Can't believe what a wuss that chick was, what did she think she was signing up for? Seriously ...... and THOSE weren't even the worst stunts I've seen. I'm thinking the two girls aren't friend anymore, I would be thoroughly disappointed with her for not even trying ......

However, it WAS great to see the Nashville girls beat out "Beavis & Butthead" .... :-)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Great recap JR.

I haven't watched Fear Factor in a while, but tuned in for this one. I couldn't believe the girl didn't even attempt either stunt before quitting. I'm sure there are friends in America pissed off, 'cause they applied to be on this show and were passed over for the likes of Cecelia. I'm glad Joe didn't let her off easy on her quitting.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

FORT Newbie
    my fav never wins

FORT Regular

Who's the real loser here?

I just had to arise like the phoenix for this one.

The girl didn't want to put eels in her mouth because it was disgusting. News flash: IT IS DISGUSTING.

Although inadvertently, this girl cecilia has taught reality TV viewers and participants lessons at the same time. Have some self-respect instead of allowing TV producers to pimp you for money and ratings. All for what? a chance to be on TV? A chance to win 50,000 dollars that half goes to taxes anyway?

The real stunt on fear factor would be to get on the show and walk away doing absolutely nothing - and keeping your self respect.

+ Reply to Thread