+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fear Factor "We Are Family" 11-01-04

JR.

Fear Factor "We Are Family" 11-01-04

Fear Factor – 11-01-04

Ok boys and girls, this week we have a special “siblings” episode to keep you entertained…or disgusted, whichever you prefer. Here they are:

Jennifer & Mitchel Tannis – brother and sister from Las Vegas, Nevada. Jen is a Showgirl, and Mitch is a “Professional Pirate”. There’s no eye patch, hook, or parrot on his shoulder, I think he’s lying. I wonder how many times he’s heard “dude, your sister is hot”.

Kelly & Chip Bromley - brother and sister from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Kelly is in sales and Chip is a student. I think I’d buy whatever Kelly is selling.

Mercedes & Corrine Dalton – sisters from Las Vegas, Nevada. Mercedes is a hair stylist and Corrine is a bartender. The two tiny blondes state that they should not be underestimated. Um, ok.

Justin & David Deary – brothers from Douglas, Massachusetts. Justin is an electrical engineer and Dave is a physician’s assistant. Their strategy is to annoy the other competitors…and probably us at home too.

The siblings make their way down a pier and meet up with host Joe Rogan. We get the usual speech from Joe, and then we see the first stunt:

Yes, it’s the chopper again
    Siblings will be handcuffed to a platform as it swings and spins beneath a helicopter. On “go”, they must pull up a rope that has 2 keys attached to the end. They must then unlock the handcuffs and jump into the water to stop the clock. The siblings with the slowest time will be sent home, and the ones with the fastest time will get to choose the order for the next stunt.

Jen & Mitch are up first, and Jen removes her yellow tube-top to reveal a black and white bikini. Thank you Jen. For some reason, the others don’t think they have a chance. They get into position and quickly pull up the rope. Mitch frees his sister first, and she jumps as he works on his own cuffs. He gets caught up a bit, but they finish in 1:01.9

Chip & Kelly are next, and we learn that they have matching tattoos. That’s a bit freaky, but I forget about that as soon as Kelly shows off her lovely white bikini. Back at the group, Justin and Dave start to annoy everyone by talking some trash. That’s not usually a good thing, but we’ll have to wait and see. Chip & Kel are ready and get underway. They grab the keys and choose to have Kel unlock Chip first. That proves to be a pretty good idea as Kel unlocks herself and hits the water in 47.9 seconds.

Corrine & Mercedes are up next, and they grace us with matching yellow and pink bikinis. They get going and take a bit longer to get the keys. They struggle a bit with the locks, as they seem to have gotten tangled, and Corrine (I think) manages to free herself and jump. Mercedes takes a few more seconds to work on her cuffs before hitting the water in 1:06

Justin & Dave finish the stunt, and they yell and hug each other as they go off to get ready. All of the others are hoping they fail miserably. They take off and quickly pull up the keys. No drama or excitement as they finish in a very fast 43 seconds to take the lead and send Mercedes and Corrine down the walk of shame.

The gang makes their way into the warehouse and finds Joe standing next to a covered table. He welcomes them and pulls back the tarp to reveal:

Along Came a Spider
    A clear box is separated into 2 locked sections and filled with spiders. Siblings will sit underneath and stick their heads up into the box. They must transfer keys that open the locks from one box to the other using only their mouths. Nobody will be eliminated, but the team with the fastest time will win a 7 day all inclusive trip for 4 to the Bahamas.

Chip & Kelly are chosen to go first, and Jennifer is already freaking out. It appears she has a fear of spiders. Uh oh. C&K get into position and don’t seem to be phased by the little critters at all. This looks so wrong, as it almost looks like they are kissing while passing the keys through. Jen is still freaking. They manage to get all the locks in 2:14.4

Jen & Mitch are next, and Jen is now crying. She has a hard time even getting her head inside the box, and comes close to quitting, but Mitch is able to talk her through it….eventually. Jen is shaking like a leaf in the wind, but she stays with it and presses on. They make great time and finish in 1:42.3 to take the lead. Jen quickly gets out of the box and does a little “get-these-f***ing-spiders-off-of-me” dance to everyone’s amusement.

Justin & Dave finish this stunt. They don’t look bothered at all, but I’m bothered by the fact that it looks like they’re sucking face. Eww. They fly through this and finish in 1:00.3, winning the trip. They yell and holler like a couple of tools.

On to the finals. The teams make their way through a field and end up next to a pool. Joe congratulates them on making it this far and lets them in on the final stunt:

Weight and See
    Teams will be tied to a platform by their ankles and submerged in the pool. On “go”, they must unhook and remove 13 weights. Once the weights are removed, they must pull a handle that releases an anchor to stop the clock. The fastest time will win.

Jen & Mitch are up first, and Jen shows off a beautiful blue bikini. They get into position and get going. Jen goes up for air 3 times while Mitch stays under the whole time. They finish in what seems like an ok time of 36.6 seconds.

Chip & Kel are next, and Kel shares her green and white bikini with us at home. They get underway, and both stay under for the entire time. They finish in 34.5 seconds to take the lead.

It all comes down to Justin & Dave, and we’ll see if they back up all the smack talk. They get going, and start out a bit slow. Dave (or Justin) tries to come up for air but is tangled in his tether and needs to be saved by the rescue divers. So much for all that talking…

Chip & Kel look stunned, as they’re not quite sure what just happened. Joe turns to them and yells “CONGRATULATIONS!” and then it hits them-

Ladies and Gentlemen. Chip & Kelly are your Fear Factor “Siblings” champions.

Next week: Fear Factor visits New York for its 100th episode and introduces the “Rat-O-Matic”!

Send cheese to jr@fansofrealitytv.com

Quote Originally Posted by JR
    Mitch is a “Professional Pirate”. There’s no eye patch, hook, or parrot on his shoulder, I think he’s lying.
    I couldn't get over that everytime Mitch laughed he sounded like a pirate. He would start laughing and then ended with a Aaaaaargh! at the end. That just had me cracking up.

This looks so wrong, as it almost looks like they are kissing while passing the keys through. Jen is still freaking.
    Ewwww.....she was kissing her brother. I started laughing when one of the other contestants said "Kissy, Kissy" when the 2 idiot brothers were also slobbering each other. Double Ewwwww!

I'm glad that the 2 jerk brothers didn't win, but I gasped when the one brother got tangled and couldn't come up for air. I would be totally freaking out since I have a fear of drowning!

Nice job on the recap, JR.

FORT Fan
    I thought from the beginning that Chip and Kelly seemed a little odd
    And I'm surprised Jen went through the spider stunt, like Joe said we've seen a lot of people freak out like that and not go through with the stunt....she actually did - I don't think I would have!
    I'm glad that Justin and Dave didn't win

JR.
    I didn't think Jen was going to make it either, she was having a really tough time just watching. Got to give her credit though, she went through with it and did very well.

FORT Regular
    Another fine recap, Jay-Ahh, but where was the visit from our good friend "Foreshadowing?" Surely he (she? it?) was the one who turned Dave (or was it Justin) into the idiot that cost them 50 gr. And the brothers going Adam and Meg on each other at the end ensured their place in the "Fear Factor" Dick Hall of Fame alongside the father and son who didn't congratulate the winners on the last Family FF.

+ Reply to Thread