+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Fear Factor' Gross Out in NYC

eny
    FORT Fogey

'Fear Factor' Gross Out in NYC

'FEAR FACTOR' GROSS OUT IN NYC
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/33190.htm

November 2, 2004 -- 'FEAR Factor" will scare its way into New York City next week.
    The gross-out/stunt show filmed its 100th episode in Manhattan last summer and it's finally scheduled to air Monday.

Among the New York-centric stunts the episode will include are getting contestants to snag as many flags as they can while they hang beneath the Roosevelt Island tram as it traverses the East River and an aerial stunt including two helicopters hovering near the Statue of Liberty.

The contestants will also try to eat some sort of "nasty" stew in the middle of Times Square.

"Taking 'Fear Factor' to New York City has been a dream of ours since show one," executive producer Matt Kunitz says.

"Fear Factor" is averaging about 13.6 million viewers a week on NBC.

The series is the first reality show to reach 100 episodes and the first to be sold into syndication.

Post TV Staff

Didn't the previews mention something about the nasty stew consisting of rats?
    Ewwwww.....just thinking about me makes my skin crawl. I'm definitely missing this episode.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Didn't the previews mention something about the nasty stew consisting of rats? .
    That was the "Rat-O-Matic" I can't wait

"Taking 'Fear Factor' to New York City has been a dream of ours since show one," executive producer Matt Kunitz says.
    These guys have some strange dreams.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Maybe the rats "taste like chicken"?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

My God...Joe just dropped a rat in a blender - the whole freakin' thing, tail, hair, etc. - and pureed it. And all four of them actually ate it. Truly a new low (and I mean that in the nicest way ) for FF. I was so grossed out I couldn't stop watching.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

AH-HAHAHAH!

I love it when the cocky big-mouth chokes at the end!

Good thing this is YOUR town, "champ" now you won't have far to go on the walk home!!

Premium Member
    The series is the first reality show to reach 100 episodes and the first to be sold into syndication.
    I've always thought it weird this show gets classified as a 'reality show' rather than just a game show....

Good point, Mozzz, I never thought about that. What is the distinction here? Simply because it's not shot in a studio with plasticine spokesmodels voguing over "Brand New Cars!"?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    Aren't all the reality programs really game shows?All the people (or CONTESTANTS) are competing in a GAME to win a prize of money or whatever else is offered. Therefore, GAME SHOW.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast