+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fear Factor "Hello Ladies" 03-01-04

JR.

Fear Factor "Hello Ladies" 03-01-04

Fear Factor 03-01-04

Hey kids, welcome back for a very special ALL FEMALE show! Please excuse me if I start convulsing, as I may go into “bikini overload”. Let’s meet the lovely ladies:

Pamela Boulden – Model from Denison, Iowa. Hey, look at that, a model. I’m shocked.

Tammy Minchello – Nursing Student from Medford, Massachusetts. I knew she was a homie before she even finished her first sentence. She’s a wild one who’s not opposed to flashing. Hmm, Medford is a pretty short trip…

Christine Bratton – Teacher from Bronx, New York. Ok, so you already know she’s tough, and to top it off, her father was a Bronx cop.

Sheena Perry – Bartender from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Yet another reason for a trip to Minnesota. Wow.

Rochelle Ovitt – Model from Honolulu, Hawaii. Geez, whoda thunk it? Another model. How can this be?

Jennifer Tiersma – Sales Manager from Escondido, California. She’s all business and claims to not be a “girly” girl.

The ladies make their way through a lot and meet up with host Joe Rogan who is standing in front of a pool. I like this already. He welcomes them and gives the usual rule speech. Joe then directs their attention to the pool:

Cylinder…of Death!
    Contestants will stand in a clear cylindrical tube and be lowered into the cold water. Once the tube fills with water, they must swim to the bottom and unlock the hatch by turning 2 wheels. Once the hatch is open, they must exit the tube and swim to the surface. The 2 women with the slowest times will be sent home. The woman with the fastest time will get to pick the order of the next stunt.

Tammy kicks things off, and does so wearing a lovely teal bikini. She gets ready and gets the countdown, heading right down for the first wheel. She’s able to unlock the first side, but needs to come back up for air. Her attempt on the second wheel is unsuccessful and she goes for another breath. On her way back down, she gets a bit confused and relocks the first one. Tammy tries 1 more time, but is unable to finish and quits at around 2:20. Geez, way to represent hon.

Rochelle is up next, and gets ready by revealing a cute green 2 piece. She gets going and has trouble, over and over again. She finally gets 1 open at about 4 and a half minutes, and moves on to the next. After a few more attempts she calls it quits at 8:35. Joe is nice enough to comply with her request for a hot chocolate.

Sheena is next and graces us with a beautiful light green 2 piece, while I begin to get dizzy. It took me longer to write the previous sentence than it did for her to attempt this stunt. She barely put her head underwater and came right back up and gave the “cut” sign. I am disappointed. She says she freaked because it was too dark. Joe doesn’t give her any hot chocolate because “she didn’t earn it”.

Pamela steps up, and I am no longer disappointed as she shows off a sexy blue bikini. She gets underway and has trouble as well, but is able to get the first one. She whacks her head a few times while coming back up for air, and eventually gives up at around 9:30. Another one bites the dust.

Christine is up next, trying to be the first lady to complete this in her cute little multi colored bikini. Things don’t look good as she starts to panic as the tube is filling with water. Looks like the casting department has filled the stereotype again. She ends up quitting before it even starts. What a sad attempt.

All eyes are on Jennifer, and if she completes this she’ll win 25 grand. She gets into position, sporting a hot little black bikini, and gets the countdown. Joe is left to talking to himself. Jen gets going, and on her first breath, is able to spin open both wheels and make it out and up to the surface. They didn’t have a clock on her, but I’d say it was well under a minute. My unofficial time is 22 seconds. Jen is 25 thousand dollars richer.

Seeing as how Jen was the only one to complete that stunt, all the girls will be brought back to play for the remaining 25 grand. They make their way through what looks like a cave and meet up with Joe who is standing in front of a covered box. He pulls off the tarp to reveal:

Life is Like a Box…of Reptiles?
    Contestants will face off 2 at a time sitting in a clear box filled with 30 pythons and boas, and over 600 geckos. They will have to slide 5 magnets from the bottom row to the top row on the front side of glass. The first woman to get all 5 in each heat will move on.

Jen, as the winner of the first stunt, gets to pick the match-ups for this one. Things look like they’re about to get catty between her and Rochelle, as there seems to be some issues with those two, but that fire fizzles way too soon without anything happening.

Rochelle vs. Christine. Chris is freaking a little just getting into the box, and scolds Rochelle “do not do that, they’ll start hissing”. The ladies are in position, get the countdown, and begin sliding the magnets up. They timidly move the critters out of the way as Chris takes the lead. She’s able to hold that lead and beat Rochelle 5-3. “Get me up outta here” Chris commands after the victory. During her second walk of shame, Rochelle says in a voiceover that she thought this show would be more glamorous. What show did she think she was on, Miss America? Glamorous? Fear Factor? Hahaha!

Jen decides to take on Sheena next. They get going, and it’s a tight race as they both end up dropping magnets back to the bottom. They keep it close right to the end as Jen narrowly beats Sheena 5-4. We say goodbye to Sheena again, and once again I feel sad.

Pamela vs. Tammy. These 2 start off quickly and stay neck and neck throughout. They don’t seem to be bothered by the critters as they fling them aside. They both drop a few, and that allows Tammy to take a lead. She holds on and wins in another close race 5-4.

The 3 remaining chicas make their way along the dock of a shipyard and run into Joe. He congratulates them and shows them the final stunt:

Hurricane
    Contestants will have to make their way to the top of an inclined wind tunnel while being sprayed with water. They must grab flags that are attached to the side walls and clip them to their belts. Wind speed will be up to 100 mph as they get closer to the top. The woman that clips the most flags in the quickest time before falling into the water will win.

Christine is up first, and gets off to a slow but steady pace. She inches her way up the slope with the wind and water beating against her. She claims that it felt like little bullets hitting her. Chris manages to get 5 flags in 1:00.1. Not too shabby.

Jen is up next, and methodically works her way through the tunnel. She makes good time in getting 5, but while trying to clip the 6th to her belt looses her balance and slides onto the water. Her official total is 5 as she wasn’t able to clip #6 to her belt. She finished in 39.3 seconds. That will send Christine home.

It all comes down to Tammy. She is determined. She is ready. She is going for 6. Tammy starts out very slow, and is only able to get 2 flags before falling and sliding into the water. My homie let me down again. Loosaahh!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Jennifer is your Fear Factor “All Female” champion!

Next week: A very special “siblings” edition featuring scorpions and worms.

To contact the author send mail to jr@fansofrealitytv.com

Heh, I watched William and the Hungettes safe in the knowledge that JR would come thru with a stellar recap
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by JR
    Geez, whoda thunk it? Another model. How can this be?
    Weird eh?

great job bud
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I caught this episode and I must say, I imagined your enjoyment throughout the show JR. Nice job on the recap!

Rochelle says in a voiceover that she thought this show would be more glamorous. What show did she think she was on, Miss America? Glamorous? Fear Factor? Hahaha

Too funny JR
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

JR.
    Thanks folks!

Finally got to see the episode last night, JR! Your recap was much better than the show. It's disappointing to watch five out of six strike out. Besides that, I thought they should have given ALL the money to Jennifer for being the only one to perform the stunt. She wound up winning it all, anyway, but I don't like the "bring 'em back" rule...except for the fact that I got to see Sheena again.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread