+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fear Factor, episode 311, airing 12/09 - The Xmas Episode

Fear Factor, episode 311, airing 12/09 - The Xmas Episode

NBC'S 'FEAR FACTOR' CELEBRATES CHRISTMAS IN ITS OWN VERY SPECIAL WAY AS REALITY SERIES WEIGHS IN WITH ITS OWN HOLIDAY-THEMED EDITION

Published: December 03, 2002

BURBANK, Calif. -- December 3, 2002 -- Christmas might never be the same when NBC’s “Fear Factor” (Mondays, 8-9 p.m. ET) celebrates the holidays by taking the season of giving to the max -- and presenting it as only “Fear Factor” can on Monday, Dec. 9 (8-9 p.m. ET).

The first stunt of the episode demonstrates Yuletide generosity as the contestants will be presented with a motorized scooter gift. But the only caveat is that they will be expected to ride the scooter over a plank that is 60 feet long, 12 inches wide and over 100 feet in the air in order to advance to the next challenge (and keep the scooter in one piece).

The next competition will be a twist of the classic holiday tradition of roasting chestnuts on an open fire. This time, tradition will be broken by cooking reindeer testicles, which the contestants have to eat in addition to drinking eggnog made with “100-year-old eggs.”

The final challenge is the most physically challenging as contestants are required to retrieve an over-sized candy cane located under three layers of “ice” in cold water and return to the surface with the candy cane in hand.

Hosted by Joe Rogan, “Fear Factor” is in the midst of a very successful season. So far this season, "Fear Factor" is winning the Monday 8-9 p.m. ET hour among adults 18-49, with a powerful 26 percent jump over NBC's year-ago results in the hour. "Fear Factor's" Monday telecasts are averaging a 5.1 rating, 13 share among adults 18-49 and 11.8 million viewers overall. The 18-49 rating represents a 21 percent increase over regular-slot programming during the same hour in the same period last season.

The much-discussed “Fear Factor” pits contestants against each other, extreme challenges -- and themselves -- in the hope of taking home a cash prize of as much as $50,000 at the end of each episode.

“Fear Factor” is a production of Endemol Entertainment USA. Matt Kunitz and John de Mol are the executive producers.

There's just something not right about eating reindeer testicles :nono

I'll be out of the room for that segment anyway
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

JR.
    Something's just not right with the contestants either

This is going to be great!

Ugh, I could never do the second challenge on any Fear Factor show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I just love this show! It is truely disgusting and amazing what people will do for money. What fun!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Rudolph the castrated reindeer... had a very tiny..."

Never mind..
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

LG.
    voice, isn't that what you meant to say Bill, but not in a falsetto.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I wouldn't be able to eat some of the things they eat on this show even if I were guaranteed the $50,000.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread