+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fear Factor "Couples - Finals" 02-16-04

JR.

Fear Factor "Couples - Finals" 02-16-04

Fear Factor 02-16-04

It has all come down to this folks. Nine couples have been whittled down over the past few weeks and now only three are left to battle for a million dollars. Will Adam & Meg finally come to blows? Will Meghan & James win something? Will Monica pay me a visit? One can only hope. Here we go…

The 3 couples make their way to a highway where they meet up with host Joe Rogan. He congratulates them on getting this far and briefly recaps some of their previous adventures. He wishes them luck, and then shows them the next stunt:

Maximum Overdrive
    Couples will have to negotiate a car up a ramp attached to a flatbed truck. The person driving will be blindfolded and the passenger will give instructions. The car must make it up the ramp and stay on. No one will be going home as the fastest couple will win a trip to Russia and get the chance to fly in MIG 21 fighter planes.

Jackson & Monica kick things off, with Jackson behind the wheel. They get suited up, hop in the car, and get up to speed. The horn blows and the clock starts and we get a lot of “go left – go right – go straight – slow down – go faster”. After weaving back and forth for a bit, they make an attempt but aren’t going fast enough to make it up the ramp. Jackson keeps the car under control and is able to get it right on the second try. They finish in 1:24.2

Adam & Meg are up next, and Adam will be driving. He tells her not to mess up the right from the left, and she shoots him a look. They get into position and take off. “Go – go – go – left – left – left – right – right – right – no – no – no – slow down – ok - go – go – go” Meg yells as the car goes up the ramp and off the right side of the truck. The car spins and bounces before coming to a stop, and surprisingly they laugh about it. Freaks.

Meghan & James step to the plate once again, and Joe brings up what losers they are. Maybe things are about to change. They get hooked up and get underway. With more of the ‘left – right – faster” stuff, they hit the ramp, go all the way up onto the truck and hit the backstop in an amazing 12 seconds flat. They finally found something they are good at. They are excited, the other couples are applauding, and even Joe gets into the celebration. These 2 are going to Russia. Congrats guys!

The couples now make their way through a dark, cobweb filled basement and meet up with Joe. He’s standing in front of that clear container again, and the ladies are looking a bit nervous already. Joe smiles as he pulls away the sheet to reveal:

Along Came a Spider
    The ladies will lie in a clear coffin-like box and be covered with crickets and over 500 live tarantulas. The men will have to transfer blended crickets from a bowl into a tube using only their mouths. Once there is enough bug juice in the tube, a key will float to the top. They will then use the key to unlock a hacksaw and saw through a piece of pipe that locks the box. Once the box is open they will release a flag and stop the clock. The couple with the slowest time will be sent home. The couple with the fastest time will get to choose who goes first in the finals.

The women are already visibly shaken, Meg is starting to cry.

Meghan & James are up first, she hops into the box, puts on the goggles and nose clip, and gets strapped down. Two big Rubbermaid buckets filled with spiders and crickets are dumped on top of her, and Joe closes and seals the box. Much to her credit, Meghan lays perfectly still, not even a hint of losing her mind. Monica now starts to cry, and Meg is practically bawling, as the spiders crawl all over Meghan. James gets the countdown and starts sucking up bug juice. He gets the key and unlocks the saw in a little over 1 minute. He feverishly works on the pipe as sweat drips from his face and Joe shouts encouragement. James saws through the pipe, opens the box, and grabs the flag in a time of 2:22.4. The girls start to freak now as Meghan gets out of the box covered in critters. I have to give Meghan props, she held it together until it was over. James starts to hurl and the “Official Fear Factor Chuck Bucket” makes an appearance.

Jackson & Monica are up next, and even though she’s a little nervous, she’s determined to tough it out. I would gladly volunteer to get in there with her, you know, just to keep her company. Monica is ready, the bugs are dumped in, and the box is closed. Jackson gets the countdown and gets underway. Meg is really having a difficult time now, I expect her to go running through a wall just like in the cartoons. Jackson frees the saw at around 50 seconds and starts in on the pipe. He blazes through the pipe and grabs the flag for a time of 1:10.4. Monica was a trooper, she didn’t flinch at all.

Adam & Meg are next, and she’s a wreck. The Evil Empire looks to be in trouble, she says she can’t, and he says she can. Meg steps up and is going to make an attempt. She sits in the box and takes a few deep breaths before putting the goggles on. She starts crying again, and Adam actually does a good job of trying to calm her down by telling her to think of someplace nice, like the trips they’ve won. She lies down and starts to panic, again saying that she doesn’t think she can do it. After a few minutes of bawling, she sits up and takes the goggles off. Joe steps in to try and calm her down, and it seems to work…for a few seconds anyway. She freaks again as she’s lying down, and apologizes to Adam. Joe calls for the spiders and she calls it off. Adam is clearly pissed as she gets out of the box, still crying, and stands next to him. He just stands with his arms folded in front of him as Joe congratulates Jackson, Monica, Meghan, and James. Finally, as the other couples are walking away, Adam puts his arms around Meg and tells her it’s ok.

Now, it’s on to the final stunt. I can honestly say that I’ll be happy with the winner of this, as I feel that they both deserve to be there. The last 2 couples walk down a road next to a lake. You all should’ve seen this coming – it’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s…

A Helicopter!
    The women will be handcuffed and riding on the back of a speed boat, while the men will be hanging from the skid of a helicopter. They will be traveling in opposite directions heading towards each other. When they get to a buoy, they must both jump into the water and swim towards each other. The men are carrying a key that will unlock the cuffs, and once the cuffs are off, they must both swim to a platform and each release a flag. The clock starts when the guy hits the water, and stops when the second flag is released. The couple with the fastest time will win 1 million dollars.

Meghan & James will go first, and James is so nervous that he feels like blowing chunks. He keeps it together though, and they go off to get into position. I’d like to thank Meghan for doing a little shimmy out of her shorts, and the cameraman for showing it. In case anyone is wondering, she’s wearing a lovely beige bikini. They get underway, with both making good jumps. They meet up and have a little trouble with the cuffs, as James keeps the key attached to his wrist. They eventually come off, and they swim towards the platform. They both make it at about the same time, and get the flags in 1:21.6. They’re a bit pissed for taking so long with the cuffs, and think that will be their downfall.

Jackson & Monica step up, and she’s sporting her beautiful blue camouflage bikini. They get into position and get going. Monica jumps early, so they will have to swim a bit more. They get the cuffs off and head to the platform as the clock disappears from the screen. They hit the platform together and grab the flags; everyone feels that it will be close as they head back to shore. Jackson & Monica rejoin the others and Joe announces a time of…1:06.6.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Jackson & Monica are your Fear Factor “Couples” champions! Along with the million dollars, they add a 10 thousand dollar prize, a 25 thousand dollar credit card, and a weekend trip to Las Vegas. Congrats you two, a job well done.

To contact the author send mail to jr@fansofrealitytv.com

FORT Newbie
    I'm new to this forum, and don't want to come off as brash, but .... Monica is the finest thing I have ever seen on reality TV, and was wondering if any fan on this board had saved screenshots, or video (digital or otherwise) of her (I missed show 5)... I know I nearly passed out when early on she had to unlock herself underwater ....

necronom4

Excellent recap once again, JR! You always do a marvelous job covering these shows. Your eye for bikinis is unparalleled, too.

I’d like to thank Meghan for doing a little shimmy out of her shorts, and the cameraman for showing it.
    Boy, you got THAT right! I couldn't help blurting out, "Wow!" when she did that. My wife just laughed at me.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

JR.
    Yeah Paulie, I had to rewind that a few times while writing the recap

Just to make sure you described the action right, I'm sure. You're a very dedicated reporter. I really appreciate that about you.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Oh, you guys.

I actually missed this episode, so I was doubly glad that JR always does such a great job with catching all the humor and remembering all the details. I really enjoyed all of your Couples Recaps, JR. Thanks for taking the time to write them up and give them lots of JR flavor.

JR.
    Aww shucks Z Thanks for the kind words hon.

I do this for you people!

Damn TiVo

Thanks for the recap, I had recorded the show on TiVo and it stopped right as they were about to announce who won! I was hoping it was Monica and what's his name because I love the little chesty chipmunk determination she has (even though Meghan is my second favorite in being sexy, sweet yet determined and tough). Too bad they both had to overcome being paired with partners who were a drag on their performance and abilities. I was so glad Adam and Meg were not even in contention for the final, they were the only team I didn't like. These were some great female partners in the show, I can't believe the loser men they are dating haven't married them yet.

FORT Newbie

Great job JR on the recaps.

I've only been watching the show for a couple of months and I'm hooked on it. JR your recaps on this forum are humorous and are great complements to the show. I look forward to reading them each week.
    Jackson and Monica were my favorite couple (because of Monica of course), so I was happy to see them win the million dollars. I would have been happy to see any of the couples other than the pugilistic pair (A & M) win. Here are a few pics of the fabulous Monica.
    Attached Images Attached Images

JR.
    cgeorge, welcome and thanks for the kind words.

Thanks for the pics too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast