+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fear Factor sets record high ratings

Fear Factor sets record high ratings

GROWING 'FEAR' HITS ANOTHER ALL-TIME HIGH

'FEAR FACTOR' UNLEASHES NBC'S HIGHEST NON-OLYMPIC RATING IN THE MONDAY 8-9 P.M. HOUR SINCE 1996

NBC WINS ITS FOURTH MONDAY IN SIX WEEKS AND RANKS #1 FOR THE NIGHT SEASON-TO-DATE IN 18-49

'AVERAGE JOE: HAWAII' EQUALS ITS HIGHEST 18-49 RATING YET

BURBANK, Calif. February 17, 2004 "Fear Factor" set new series records in adults 18-49 and total viewers last night with the concluding episode of its seven-hour Couples competition, according to "fast affiliate-based" in-home viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research, which will be updated tomorrow and are subject to revision.

NBC won Monday night in adults 18-49 with its second-highest Monday average of the current season. NBC has won four of the last six Mondays in 18-49 and is #1 on Monday night for the season to date, despite formidable and varied competition from the likes of "Monday Night Football," "CSI: Miami," "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance." NBC beat second-place CBS by a full rating point last night in adults 18-49, NBC's biggest Monday win over CBS with both networks in regular first-run programming in more than five years (since Oct. 12, 1996).

For the second straight week, "Fear Factor" (8.4 rating, 21 share in adults 18-49, 18.6 million viewers overall) scored NBC's highest 18-49 rating in the hour since 1996 (excluding Olympics). The last time NBC hit at least an 8.4 18-49 rating in the Monday 8-9 p.m. hour with anything other than an Olympics telecast was the night of the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" series finale (an 8.7) on May 20, 1996.

"Fear Factor" once again demonstrated its exceptional longevity and durability, setting series records in its 142nd telecast on NBC. Last nights' 8-9:02 p.m. ET "Fear Factor" dominated the 8-9 p.m. ET competition by all key ratings measures and doubled its nearest pursuer in 18-49.

From 9:02-10 p.m. ET, "Las Vegas" (5.5/13 in 18-49, 13.0 million viewers overall) continues to outperform all first-year dramas on television (including Fox's "The O.C.," which last week delivered a 5.0/12 in 18-49, following a 10.5/27 lead-in from "American Idol"). "Vegas" posted competitive numbers last night in all key demos and ranked #2 for its hour in adults, men and women 18-34.

At 10 p.m. ET, "Average Joe: Hawaii" (6.2/14 in 18-49, 12.1 million viewers overall) matched the highest 18-49 ratings so far for this incarnation of "Average Joe." From its first half-hour to its second, "Joe" increased by 0.7 of a rating point, exceptional growth in the 10 p.m. hour and easily the largest increase of any network in the time period. Pending updates, "Joe" pulled to within 0.5 of a rating point of "CSI: Miami" for the hour, easily the closest finish yet for "Joe" versus a first-run "CSI."

Preliminary Feb. 16 nightlong primetime 18-49 averages are: NBC, 6.7 /16; CBS, 5.7/14; Fox 5.4/13; ABC 3.2/8; WB, 1.9/4; UPN 1.6/4. Last night's preliminary total viewer averages are: CBS, 16.7 million; NBC, 14.6 million; Fox 11.7 million; ABC, 10.5 million; WB, 5.6 million; UPN, 3.8 million. Significant adjustments to these fast affiliate-based results are possible when Nielsen issues official national results tomorrow.

I found the Couples series to be much more compelling than the normal episodes. It was fun getting to know the competitors. You care more about them week over week. So I guess I'm saying I'm not surprised the numbers were up.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I couldn't agree more and even said as much to friends.It was great routing for fav couples after getting to know them a little bit.I hope they do more of that kind of format in the future.

Arrrgh! Then why was I the only one I know "in real life" who seemed to be watching it???? I never had anyone to talk to except here

Carly
    Time flies by in photographs, and paper scraps and songs... Read mine...

+ Reply to Thread