+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Was there a conspiracy against Meg and Adam?

First the stolen prize, then the second to last stunt is nearly identical to the stunt that Meg refused to take part in earlier.

Obviously Meg doesn't like creepy crawlies touching her body, but what a huge Achilles heel for a FF contestant. She's going to have fun on the African Safari with all the snakes and huge bugs.

It was really a bummer that Adam and Meg didn't get to the final, because it set up a rather anti-climatic showdown between Jackson/Monica and the underdogs James/Meghan. I was glad that Jackson and Monica won it all though.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaminginblond
    I watched too Healblade. I have to say I was surprised by Meg and Adam, I didn't see that coming. I think Monica and James deserved to win but it would've been cool if James and Meghan won too.

Once I saw the previews for this week and after Meg freaked about the mice, I had a feeling it would be over for them. I would have liked to see the showdown between them and Monica and Jackson though- that would have been cool. I feel bad for James and Meghan, but they only got to that point by sheer luck- they were sorta in between them all.

I was also very impressed with Adam and how he took Meg not doing the stunt. That may have been for show though. I was half expecting their pictures to pop on the screen after the show with "Now Available" under them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I was also very impressed with Adam and how he took Meg not doing the stunt. That may have been for show though. I was half expecting their pictures to pop on the screen after the show with "Now Available" under them.
    LOL I'm curious to find out what happened to their relationship. Funny how they didn't show the two afterward, and only had a voiceover from Meg...nothing from Adam. You know he had to be really pissed about that. Overall, Meg and Adam were more sympathetic characters after this last episode. They had a good laugh over crashing the car. Adam showed his sensitive side.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    It was really a bummer that Adam and Meg didn't get to the final, because it set up a rather anti-climatic showdown between Jackson/Monica and the underdogs James/Meghan. I was glad that Jackson and Monica won it all though.
    I didn't think it would be much of a contest, but it was very close. Only a 15 second difference.

on vacation
    I didn't think Adam was really that great to Meg about her not doing the stunt until after all the others were leaving. Then he put his arms around her but maybe in his defense, it was because he was so stunned how far they'd gotten and that she couldn't go on.

It seemed to me that they had talked when it was the mice stunt and asked her then if it was for the million if she could do it and she said she would. Dunno. I think reading the article that Jack Bauer posted though maybe sheds some light why she wouldn't. In the article it says that Meghan got bit by the tarantula so many times that blood was running down her legs.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaminginblond
    In the article it says that Meghan got bit by the tarantula so many times that blood was running down her legs.
    Why the heck do they make them wear bikinis and shorts instead of long pants with ties on the cuffs so nothing crawls up their ankles?

Yeah, we were saying coveralls with tight sleeves and cuffs would be much better attire for stunts like that.

Adam and Meg must've felt sick watching that show last night. Both James/Meghan and Jackson/Monica made mistakes on the final stunt that could've cost them. That was a very winnable event for Adam and Meg, but she couldn't overcome her fears. I don't think there was a conspiracy at all for them, BTW. I'm sure they were targeting that stunt as one of the big concluding ones because they knew it would be creepy for many, many people.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

on vacation
    I never really thought it was a conspiracy against them either. During all the other stunts, people had problems with various aspects of all of them and yet continued. I think the whole purpose of the last few stunts is to find something that would be completely harder than the others to overcome, I don't think they purposely picked the spiders knowing Meg would drop out.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    If I were to be on the show (a talk we have all the time at home & laugh about), I KNOW that the only stunt that I'd probably not participate in or lose at would be an eating one. I couldn't and/or wouldn't eat a spider, roach, worm, guts, bull scrotum, stomach lining...ettc..etc... I have a hard time finishing a meal that I cooked if I find a damn hair in it. Also...there's NO WAY that I could "almost" throw up, but stilllll manage to eat it all. noway jose

ANY other stunt, I'd do..including lying under 500 tarantulas.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12