+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fear Factor "Couples Round #3" 01-26-04 recap

JR.

Fear Factor "Couples Round #3" 01-26-04 recap

Fear Factor 01-26-04

It’s time once again for another installment of “Couples” Fear Factor. This is #3 out of 7, so I expect things to get a littletougher. Last week we lost Tommie & Gina and David & Simone, leaving us with 5 couples left. On to the show…

The couples make their way through an amusement park, and know something is up when they pass a popcorn machine with a few rats hanging around inside. Host Joe Rogan welcomes them once again, and informs them that the next stunt is another non- elimination.

Step Right Up
    Couples will try their luck at the Fear Factor “Dunk Tank From Hell”. One member will be in the tank, and the other will be throwing softballs. When the target is hit, the player will drop into a soupy mixture of cow intestines, spleens, brains, tongues, and pieces of shin, and must find 5 cow’s tails. They must then hand the tails to their partner, and the partner must put the tails into a bucket using only their mouth. The couple that completes this the fastest will win a trip to Spain to watch the “Running of the Bulls”.

Mel & Jim are first again, as Adam & Meg argue about who is going in the tank. They also take the time to take a shot at Rachel & Todd, calling them dorks and saying they share a brain. They wonder why everyone hates them. The other couples are already complaining about the stench. They get into position, with Mel in the tank, and Jim hits the target on his second ball. Mel searches in the slop for the tails and mistakenly pulls out a tongue. She eventually gets on track and starts handing over the tails. Jim drops the 5th one in the bucket at 1:55.7. She likens it to swimming inside a cow.

Jackson & Monica are up next, and Jackson will be going into the tank. I am saddened by the fact that Monica will not be in a swim suit for this event. She owes me. Monica admits to never having played baseball before, and boy does it show. After about 10 tries, they realize that they’re running out of time. Joe steps in to help out, but he misses both throws and just runs over to push the target with his hand. Luckily, Jackson is able to hold on to the sides of the tank to keep himself fairly clean.

Todd & Rachel are next, and are excited again. Freaks. Rach will be in the tank. Adam and Meg are arguing again, she is adamant about NOT getting in the tank. T&R are ready, and get underway. Todd misses the first 3 but connects on #4. Rach gets right to work and comes up with an armful of stuff. They make pretty good time, and it comes right down to the wire. Their time is 1:50.5, and they take over first place.

Adam & Meg are next, and to no one’s surprise, Adam is in the tank. Meg hits the target on her 4th try, and you could tell Adam wasn’t expecting it by the way he fell into the tank. They get off to a good start, and keep a steady pace throughout. Much to everyone’s dismay, they finish in 1:48.

Meghan & James are next, and Joe comments that they haven’t won anything yet. I am saddened again as James will be going into the tank. Damn these women. They get going, and Meghan connects on her 6th try. James finds the first one right away, but has a tough time finding the others, and starts to freak a little. They only manage to get 2 as they go over A&M’s time.

That means Adam & Meg have won another trip. Everyone hates them twice as much now. Maybe they’ll get trampled by the bulls…if there really is a God.

The couples now make their way along the shore of a lake and meet up with Joe for the next event. Joe informs them that this too will be a non elimination stunt, but there’s a little surprise for the winner. The winner of this stunt will get to steal one of the other prizes that have already been awarded, meaning the safari, trip to Spain, the 2 Jeeps, and the 25 thousand dollar credit card are all up for grabs. Adam & Meg are pissed as every other couple wants the Jeeps.

Out of nowhere, Monica lets it be known that she hates Adam because he’s rude. In a confessional, Adam & Meg make fun of Monica’s ears and big fake boobs. It looks like a couple of 12 year olds.

Hanging Around, Grabbing Poles
    The men will be bound by their ankles and hung under a helicopter. (You knew it was just a matter of time.) They will have to hold onto their women who will also be upside down. There are about 20 or so poles that are attached to buoys lined up in the lake, with a floating platform off to the side. The ladies will have to grab as many of the flags as possible, and then swim to a platform and release the final flag. The couple that releases the most flags and makes it to the final flag the fastest will get to steal a prize.

Jackson & Monica are up first, and for this stunt she’s wearing a lovely floral print bikini. They get into position and take off. She swings and spins all over the place, but is able to get 3 of the flags. Jackson lets go and she begins the swim, but starts out in the wrong direction. Monica gets on the right path, makes it to the platform and releases the last flag in a time of 40.6 seconds. They are not too happy with their performance.

Meghan & James are up next, but will they finally win? Meg is sporting an amazing hot pink bikini. They get going and Meghan’s arms are flailing wildly. She manages to grab 3 as well, and also starts swimming in the wrong direction. However, she does make it to the last flag in 37.1 seconds. Finally, a lead.

Rachel & Todd are up next, and she’s worried about him being able to hold onto her. They take off and manage to get 4 flags before her fears come true and he drops her. She is about twice as far from the platform as the other girls were as she starts her swim. She reaches the last flag in 52.7 seconds. Because they got 4 flags, they are now in the lead.

Adam & Meg are next and are not happy about having to defend their prizes. Everyone hates them, and everyone wants the Jeeps. They get ready and get going, but only manage to grab 3 flags. Haha, say goodbye to those Jeeps.

Jim & Melissa finish this stunt as Meg starts to cry. They get out to a pretty fast start, grabbing 2 flags right away. She only manages 2 more, so it’ll come down to the swim. Fortunately, Jim drops her much closer to the platform and they finish with a time of 29.5 seconds. They then steal the Jeeps.

This week comes to a close with nobody leaving, but things are definitely starting to heat up. Come back again next week, and if we’re lucky, someone will have a meltdown.

To contact the author send mail to jr@fansofrealitytv.com

Great recap JR! I thought you were a little easy on Adam and Meg, but then I realized you'll have plenty of opportunity for further comment on their lovely personalities in episodes to come. Besides, when they make it this easy...

Quote Originally Posted by JR
    Adam & Meg are next and are not happy about having to defend their prizes. Everyone hates them, and everyone wants the Jeeps. They get ready and get going, but only manage to grab 3 flags. Haha, say goodbye to those Jeeps.

Jim & Melissa finish this stunt as Meg starts to cry.
    ...it almost takes the fun out of it. But not quite.
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Couldn't have happened to a "nicer" couple. I think last night was the first time when they shows clips of them that they didn't have to "bleep out" half the conversation. Usually both of them are going at each other...................totall y agree w/ MONICA'S comment(though in their position and situation it may not have been a good idea).

Princess
    Jack!

Great recap as always, J.R.! Personally, a bikini is the last thing I would wear if I were to hang upside down under a helicopter to be subsequently dropped in the water - but I guess that's just me .

Agreed, Zhora!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Thanks for the recap JR!

I like how throughout the whole recap, you're most descriptive of the bikinis.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Thanks....Modesty.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Thanks for the recap JR!

I like how throughout the whole recap, you're most descriptive of the bikinis.
    Wait, what do you mean?

Thanks for the kind words guys!

They also take the time to take a shot at Rachel & Todd, calling them dorks and saying they share a brain. They wonder why everyone hates them.

Maybe they’ll get trampled by the bulls…if there really is a God.
    Love your recaps JR!

Come back again next week, and if we’re lucky, someone will have a meltdown.
    I'll be here, and I hope you are right
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I can't stand Adam and Meg :mad:

It took me a while to get around to watching this one, too, but as usual, your recap didn't disappoint. BTW, I, too, was cranky that Monica and Meghan (and, yes, Meg's body) didn't get in the tank. But then they started getting splattered with all that water, and it turned into a totally unexpected wet T-shirt contest. I became happy again.

My favorite line from the 'cap:

Maybe they’ll get trampled by the bulls…if there really is a God.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread