+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan: Fear Factor's Host

Joe Rogan: Fear Factor's Host

“The best thing about this show,” says Joe Rogan, host of NBC’s reality television series “Fear Factor,” “is that the contestants have no idea if their fear – be it snakes, heights or whatever – will come in to play until the moment they have to perform the stunt. In addition, they have no idea what the stunt is, so there’s no way to prepare for it. Everyone is on even ground.”

Television viewers mostly know Rogan from his starring role as of Joe Garelli, the resident electrician at WNYX radio, on the comedy series “NewsRadio” (1995-99), as well as his brief appearance on the series “Hardball.”

Rogan’s television appearances for standup include “Caroline’s Comedy Hour,” “MTV’s Half-Hour Comedy Hour,” and “Comedy from the Danger Zone,” just to name a few. Rogan recorded some of his standup comedy performances on his debut comedy album, “I’m Gonna Be Dead Someday,” for Warner Bros. Records.

Performing standup comedy in clubs across the United States has helped Rogan appreciate the steady work schedule of a television series that tapes in one city. “Standup comedy is the best job in the world,” he says. “I can speak my mind, let off steam and get paid for it, but working on a series allows me a different kind of creativity, and it’s a chance to work with a very talented group of people.”

Rogan’s boyhood idol, Richard Pryor, continues to be an inspiration to the young actor/comedian in both his professional and his personal life. “Pryor was the first really honest comedian,” he says. “My act could be classified as ‘unedited,’ but I try to keep my audience in mind while focusing on the truth. I never want to compromise my act just to get a laugh.”

Rogan was born in Newark, New Jersey, raised in Boston, and now lives in Los Angeles.

In his spare time, Rogan enjoys playing pool and honing his standup act at various comedy clubs. In addition, he is an avid martial-arts enthusiast and holds a second-degree black belt in tae kwon do. He was a four-time Massachusetts state champion, and was U.S. Open Lightweight Champion and Grand Champion in all weight classes in 1987. Says Rogan: “The martial arts really kept me in focus as an adolescent because of the long training hours.”

Rogan’s birthday is August 11.

JR.
    If any of you ever have the chance to see him do his stand-up act live, you must go. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen, but it's not for the sensitive types or the easily offended.

His official website is www.joerogan.net he does his own updates, just not very often.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    He also used to date Jerry Manthey of Survivor before she was on Survivor. Contemporary quotes from the time of S2 airing have her making quite a bit of fun of Old Joe. After that he was hired as FF host.

I like Joe
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I like him too.

I saw an episode of New Radio the other day ( I don't watch it often because of the Maura Tierney thing).
    He took off his shirt and he has quite the body.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yeah, except that Phil Koeghan beat him in TV Guide, performing the President's Physical Fitness test...

Yes he did John. I must say that they both impressed me though
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by fluff
    I like him too.

I saw an episode of New Radio the other day ( I don't watch it often because of the Maura Tierney thing).
    He took off his shirt and he has quite the body.
    That he does, Fluff...that he does...

I just wanted to say... I love Joe Rogan!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the site, Lucy!

Joe's a nice guy, and I understand he's got a nice body (although I'm not in a position to judge that myself). A little strange, but aren't we all?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast