+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Season 2 - The Finale - 26 January 2011

FORT Fan

Season 2 - The Finale - 26 January 2011

This is it, this is the real deal. Whomever wins this, gets to keep the marbles! And it deserves a thread of its own, so we can marvel at the collections of our most trusted designers.

Dominique - the giggling schoolgirl, so fresh, so young, so innocent, so utterly in love with her crush. Drawing hearts and scribbling down her name.

Jeffrey - the wacky schoolboy, he's excentric but he knows his game. Still pure and untainted by the bitterness of modern life.

and Calvin, the diva-queen-biznatch of the bunch. Here go Hell come!
    This is not a signature.

Re: Season 2 - The Finale - 26 January 2011

I missed a few episodes of this show - I wish Bravo would have repeated episodes of it, as much as they seem to repeat the episodes of Housewives and Millionaire Matchmaker.
    I loved both Isaac and Iman on this show. I think they served a perfect complement to each other. Isaac is just so thoughtful and kind as a mentor. He seemed to take a genuine interest in his "darlings, sweeties." So fun to watch.
    Iman was playing a role and, while she was often called upon to be over the top, I didn't get the feeling that she was mean-spirited, or that it was all about her.
    I think all 3 designers had grown a lot in the end. I actually had to give Calvin a lot of credit for his "editing" of his designs last night. They were quite beautiful.
    I do think Danielle came a long way; however, I did feel her designs were just a bit too overwrought and shapeless, whereas both of the men seemed to show a true appreciation and love of the female form.
    I really enjoyed Jeffrey throughout. A terrific person and designer.
    Overall, I did really enjoy this show. I've never been able to get into PR in the past. I do think Tim Gunn is very good in his role, but I'm just not impressed with that show at all.
    I hope Bravo brings back the Fashion Show with Isaac and Iman next season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Odd to say but I was actually rooting for Calvin to win in the end. I'm not disappointed in Jeffrey's win, but personally liked Calvin's collection better. I have previously liked Dominique's garments, but was not impressed with her final collection.

I had pretty much written off this show after the first go-around, but they revamped it and I would watch a third season.

FORT Fan

I think Dominique has a very clear and recognizable style, and you could see it clearly running through her final collection. There were a couple of things that I thought looked like very decent garments.

Calvin's final collection seemed to be a bit on the awkward side. The clothes were good, and they flowed incredibly well, but I was left with the impression of clothes. It didn't feel quite as fresh.

Jeffrey is like Dominique in that he has a signature style. But he managed to show something better on the last day than on the first day. That's what made the difference for me personally.

This finale made me realize one thing: I want to see more from these designers. I want to see what they can when they have a lot of time to edit and create a collection. That's one point the Fashion Show has over Project Runway. With PR the final collection is pretty much the be all end all of a designer, with the Fashion Show it's the appetizer, the opening salvo, the teaser before the actual show starts.

I appreciated it, that they played it like that just goes to show that we as an audience can still see these people evolve.
    This is not a signature.

FORT Fogey

I prefered Dominique's collection and loved her budding romance.

I am glad Calvin didn't win but it was cool to hear him say he learned how to get along with people better. I knew he wouldnt win when I saw that he had taken Issac's direction to a T. He even said it was the new Calvin. Left to his own devices, his collection would have been very different.

I really liked how each designer presented their runway shows. I thought the editing was favoring Dominique to win. When she was eliminated I was sure Calvin would win. I was surprised Jeffrey won. Still I would have been happy with any of this final three winning. Overall this series was much better than I thought it would be. I was amazed at what the final designers produced in 1 week. Match that Project Runway.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

They did it! WOW! Nine looks in 7 days...I can't even express how impressed I am. And that Jeffrey, the slowest of the three, managed to finish his work to the point that it was gorgeous.

Each has such a distinctive style and each of their collections was cohesive to their style. Did I say I was impressed? Why can't they find this level of designer for PR? And Dominique is fresh out of school. WOW!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I would not have been unhappy to see any of the three win the finale. All of their collections were wonderful.
    I enjoyed this season so much more than the last one.

And for nothing else, I'm so glad to have watched just to learn the phrase:
    "Oh, here go, hell come."

Seriously, someone should list all of Calvins phrases. What is funny is that I was starting to understand what he said without the subtitles so kindly provided by Bravo.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4174922;
    Seriously, someone should list all of Calvins phrases. What is funny is that I was starting to understand what he said without the subtitles so kindly provided by Bravo.
    Me, too! Seemed like Calvin's attitude underwent a change from the way he acted in the begining. He's still not going to win any Ms. Congeniality awards but he seemed to have softened and become more tolerant of others and less of a diva. There was never any doubt that he was very talented.
    And I loved his mash up of the English language.

+ Reply to Thread