+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season 2, Episode 8 Jan. 11, 2011

old cow

Season 2, Episode 8 Jan. 11, 2011

How do you make a show go from ho-hum to terrible? By eliminating its MVP! I wont be watching again

Re: Season 2, Episode 8 Jan. 11, 2011

While I always liked what Eduardo made, I wasn't surprised at all to see him go. Isaac told Eduardo over and over that they wanted to see more from him than the same cocktail dresses. He showed pants twice, but both times the top included the same type of neck/shoulder ruffles as the cocktail dresses. He needed to listen to the advice he was being given, and truly give them something different. Since that hat was so Audrey Hepburn looking, I would have gone with something really simple on top. Perhaps a boatneck top and 60's style slim pants or a Chanel type jacket with a pencil skirt. This show started out so promising, and has dwindled down to a bore fest. I thought PR was bad this season, but apparently the really talented designers are still queuing up for PR. The so-so designers try to get on this show. None of the designers impress very much. That said, I would like to see Jeffrey win this thing. Dominique has some talent, but her ego is getting out of control and the giggly stuff is so annoying.

Eduardo was a one-note designer, albeit a great one. Time and time again they asked him to show them something new. He chose not to.

Now they decide to give Calfin a sympathetic edit with the dying partner and wanting to donate his winnings. Not sure where they are going with that, but the turnabout in the edit was palpable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4146353;
    Eduardo was a one-note designer, albeit a great one. Time and time again they asked him to show them something new. He chose not to.

Now they decide to give Calfin a sympathetic edit with the dying partner and wanting to donate his winnings. Not sure where they are going with that, but the turnabout in the edit was palpable.
    Yep, this was odd. Will he be the winner? It could happen. This show is such a disaster I could see that.

I'm actually upset that I had to see the touchy-feely Calvin. I mean his manner repels me, but now, I have to feel sympathetic toward him. The 180 degree turn in his edit seems as though it will take him into the final 3 and possibly the winning position.

This was my favorite of the shows because they did seem to go over the top with 2 designs in 12+ hours. wow. I thought all of them did very well with all the constraints placed around them.

I had hoped individual challenges would start, but next week it's two against two with the houses still intact. Possibly the final three will each be their own house? I hope so.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

House of Emerald deserves this win. They looks really looked high end and I am so glad Cesar did not dye his clothes.

I do think it could have gone either way with either Eduardo or Calvin staying. I honestly do think the producers picked Calvin because he is the bigger ratings draw, while Eduardo is the same look week after week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

Why are people saying this show is a disaster? It's still way better than Project Runway, not just the output of the clothes, but the judges are better, the contestants are more fun and relatable, and the show feels a lot fresher than Project Runway with a whole different dynamic.

As much of a villain Calvin might be, we've seen the whole group connect to each other and play with each other instead of against each other. Something I didn't get to see on Project Runway, where we were treated to bitter people biting each other. The sympathetic cut for Calvin might come out of the left field, but at the same time it explains a bit more about who he is, without playing a victim card. He's a bastard because he's mourning, a control freak because he doesn't have control over something that's important to him back home.

I haven't found myself wondering why the heck the judges sent someone home for putting out a horrible garment. They're not affraid to send someone home who is considered a strong contender. We all thought Ricardo was safe, he's won a couple of challenges... but everybody is honest about it and I haven't seen anyone complain about him getting cut, because he really is a one-trick pony. He's really good at what he does, but he only ever does one single thing.
    This is not a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;4147714;
    Why are people saying this show is a disaster? It's still way better than Project Runway, not just the output of the clothes, but the judges are better, the contestants are more fun and relatable, and the show feels a lot fresher than Project Runway with a whole different dynamic.....
    I haven't been saying this, I feel like you do. I prefer this show over the horrible and mean spirited mess that PR has become. However, I got a little tired of being the lone voice so I stopped posting lol.

I am sad that Eduardo went home because I think he was miles ahead of some of the remaining ones. Yes, he was a one trick pony but he was good at that one trick and should have stuck around over people who consistently produce disasters.

And I adore Iman, over-the-top cartoon diva character she is portraying and all. I like her over Heidi and the know-it-all witch she has become. I think that Iman and Isaac have such a great good guy/bad guy thing going that it makes it fun for me watching because I know it is parts they are playing and doing a great job of it (IMO)

At this point, I'm pulling for Jeffrey and maybe even Calvin (I never thought I'd say that but the little diva has won me over!!)
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

I prefer Project Runway by far and I do think this show is a disaster. Just a personal preference.

I like PR mostly due to Tim Gunn. Take him away and not so much.

What I didn't like about the FS this time around was the fashion houses. I feel group challenges really suck in this field, I'd much rather they just do their own designs and not have to deal with challenges as a group.

Other than that, I quite like the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast