+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season 2, Episode 8 Jan. 11, 2011

Re: Season 2, Episode 8 Jan. 11, 2011

I'm just mad that they put it up against one of my fave shows - Good Wife.
    I thought I could catch FS when they repeat it, but Bravo seems to only repeat endless Hosewives shows and Millionaire Matchmaker. They never seem to repeat this show.
    I do happen to prefer FS to Runway, as I could only manage 2 outings of the latter. I do realize it's a matter of personal preference, though.
    Anybody know if they ever repeat the FS episodes? At the beginning, they did it on the weekends, but now I never seem to see them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

[QUOTE=Cairon;4147714 The sympathetic cut for Calvin might come out of the left field, but at the same time it explains a bit more about who he is, without playing a victim card. He's a bastard because he's mourning, a control freak because he doesn't have control over something that's important to him back home.
    [/QUOTE]

No offense to you personally, Carion at all, but to me the fact that Calvin is going through a seriously sad personal loss does not nor should not excuse his behavior.

"He's a bastard because he's mourning or has not control over something back home??????"
    sorry, but there's a lot of people going through losing/or having lost loved ones and that doesn't give them a free pass to be a mean person. Who among us hasn't lost a dearly loved one? :nono

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4148491;
    No offense to you personally, Carion at all, but to me the fact that Calvin is going through a seriously sad personal loss does not nor should not excuse his behavior.

"He's a bastard because he's mourning or has not control over something back home??????"
    sorry, but there's a lot of people going through losing/or having lost loved ones and that doesn't give them a free pass to be a mean person. Who among us hasn't lost a dearly loved one? :nono
    [mod edit]There are some mean-spirited people out there, who are mean for a reason, because they've learned to adopt a personality that will protect them from the outside world.

You the same thing in people who are being bullied or who have been bullied in the past, they put up a wall, some try to mask it by being a shallow happy go lucky person who doesn't seem affected by anything, others become bitter and vile people who like to offend because it will scare people away, because they figure in the back of their mind, if nobody gets close, I'll never get hurt.

[mod edit] humans tend to be a fickle bunch, they do things for reasons they don't even understand themselves. Sometimes they aren't even aware of what they're doing. The human mind tends to act in strange ways.

It's the obese woman with bad B.O. sitting next to you on the bus, you know she knows she's dangerously overweight, so why doesn't she just "stop" eating, or go to the gym more often? Why won't she get a stomach reduction. You know a glandular disorder is rare, and she does smell like a Taco Bell kitchen, so why would anybody let themselves go like that?
    It's the be-spectacled kid with bad skin and buck-teeth, who posts horrible things about people online day and night and never goes out. Why would anybody be so mean on purpose', no wonder he doesn't have any friends, and if he stays inside his acne will never clear up, and a trip to the orthodontis would fix those teeth in no time.

Ever heard the phrase: "I eat because I'm unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I eat", that's what humans do.

That might be the situation Calvin is in.
    Last edited by hepcat; 01-15-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    This is not a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;4148496;
    [mod edit]There are some mean-spirited people out there, who are mean for a reason, because they've learned to adopt a personality that will protect them from the outside world.

You the same thing in people who are being bullied or who have been bullied in the past, they put up a wall, some try to mask it by being a shallow happy go lucky person who doesn't seem affected by anything, others become bitter and vile people who like to offend because it will scare people away, because they figure in the back of their mind, if nobody gets close, I'll never get hurt.

[mod edit] humans tend to be a fickle bunch, they do things for reasons they don't even understand themselves. Sometimes they aren't even aware of what they're doing. The human mind tends to act in strange ways.

It's the obese woman with bad B.O. sitting next to you on the bus, you know she knows she's dangerously overweight, so why doesn't she just "stop" eating, or go to the gym more often? Why won't she get a stomach reduction. You know a glandular disorder is rare, and she does smell like a Taco Bell kitchen, so why would anybody let themselves go like that?
    It's the be-spectacled kid with bad skin and buck-teeth, who posts horrible things about people online day and night and never goes out. Why would anybody be so mean on purpose', no wonder he doesn't have any friends, and if he stays inside his acne will never clear up, and a trip to the orthodontis would fix those teeth in no time.

Ever heard the phrase: "I eat because I'm unhappy, and I'm unhappy because I eat", that's what humans do.

That might be the situation Calvin is in.
    I do understand what you're saying and it's quite possible that's why Calvin acts the way he does. I just meant that it doesn't give him a free pass to be mean to others.
    But like Calvin likes to say "Here go hell come." That's has to be one of the best phrases to come out of reality tv!
    So for that alone, I'm glad Calvin was on The Fashion Show.

FORT Fogey

I like the show. They made several improvements over last season which have been great - the addition of Iman (I've become a huge fan), having Isaac provide feedback early on, etc.

I also don't mind the "house" concept. It was irritating in the beginning, but I think there is a lot to be said for the skill set required to succeed in that kind of environment. My only problem is that - as in real life - some teams have great mojo out of the gate just by luck which puts the others at a serious disadvantage.

I also like that we are seeing more about the design process on this show than on PR, e.g. color palettes, sketches, storylines, inspiration, etc. And, I like that the designers have some flexibility in their shows, e.g. the snow and pace in Team Nami's show tonight. That is also a big deal, I think.

Oh, and I like the fact that the critiques on this show aren't mean-spirited as on PR. They are honest and direct but not cruel. And, on this show, they take the time to explain both the good and the bad which I really, really like.

In a way, this show seems more thoughtful and "smart" than PR. Not that I'll bail on that, but I've really enjoyed the Fashion Show this season and hope it returns (I really like the Iman + Isaac combo).

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4153402;
    I like the show. They made several improvements over last season which have been great - the addition of Iman (I've become a huge fan), having Isaac provide feedback early on, etc.

I also don't mind the "house" concept. It was irritating in the beginning, but I think there is a lot to be said for the skill set required to succeed in that kind of environment. My only problem is that - as in real life - some teams have great mojo out of the gate just by luck which puts the others at a serious disadvantage.

I also like that we are seeing more about the design process on this show than on PR, e.g. color palettes, sketches, storylines, inspiration, etc. And, I like that the designers have some flexibility in their shows, e.g. the snow and pace in Team Nami's show tonight. That is also a big deal, I think.

Oh, and I like the fact that the critiques on this show aren't mean-spirited as on PR. They are honest and direct but not cruel. And, on this show, they take the time to explain both the good and the bad which I really, really like.

In a way, this show seems more thoughtful and "smart" than PR. Not that I'll bail on that, but I've really enjoyed the Fashion Show this season and hope it returns (I really like the Iman + Isaac combo).
    I agree with all your points here. It's vastly improved from last season. My heart still belongs to Project Runway but maybe because I truly love Tim Gunn.
    Iman is a perfect diva and deserves that title because she's earned it. I loved hearing about how intelligent and well read Issac is.
    I also am enjoying the way they allow more dramatic runways like tonight's tribute to earth's elements.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12