+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Season 6, Episode 7 Jan 4, 2011

FORT Fogey

Season 6, Episode 7 Jan 4, 2011

I loved seeing Iman step out of her character and show her tender side to Cindy. That was a breath of fresh air.

Calvin never fails to amuse me. It was clear that his effort was better than Cindy's, despite his offensive behavior. The suit Cindy made was a horrible mess.

I loved both the lesbian couples and their clothes with the exception of the bow tie and paisley pants.

Re: Season 6, Episode 7 Jan 4, 2011

Once again they chose construction over demeanor. I'm sorry, shoepie, but Calvin does not amuse me; he repels me. This was a good challenge in that gay couples headed toward the altar were featured on a national TV cable channel. For the most part I thought the designers pulled it off - both pleasing their clients and in design. How cheesy, though, was including the flamboyant Johnny Weir on the panel. His only contribution that we saw with the edit was to want to roll around the floor with the mustard flower decoration. If Cesar had shortened the bow tie and convinced his client to go with anything but the paisley pant print, the combination might have been the winning couple. I did like to see Iman's softer side as well. It's too bad it wasn't shown to Calvin as she was ushering him off the stage.

Now that they are down to five, do you think we will get an individual challenge this next round...please...please.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Yet again Calvin stays, what will it take to get rid of him? Yes, his outfit was well constructed, but it was not what the client wanted. Calvin was rude, dismissive and disrespectful toward his client. He was also dismissive of his Korean heritage and ignored the client's wishes.

They both should have been booted.

I liked Eduardo and Cesar's outfits, but I agree that the bow tie should have been smaller and the print for the pants either striped or plaid.

I do hope that it will be individual challenges from now on.

Calvin is a picture of low emotional intelligence and that's all there is to it. Insufferable. Whenever a contradictory opinion is made, he steamrolls over it, and without skipping a beat. It's like whenever somebody else even hints at the one to be calling the shots or in control, he loses it and has to set them straight. And then he has the nerve to act hurt when others don't like him!? Diva and can't even back the attitude up. I think he's already done damage to his brand.

I laughed when he said something like "You are so good" while talking to himself... if you were really so good you wouldn't be on Bravo's spinoff of Project Runway. That and they wouldn't have clips to show of you saying stuff like "I keep doing the same mistake over and over!"

And poor Cindy. She was handed the worst possible situation. It looked like she handled it pretty well though for how tough it is (clothes aside, I mean mentally).

And what was this... Iman actually showing positive emotion!? Either the editor's head is gonna roll once Iman gets them in her sight or somebody's heart grew 3 sizes that day.
    Last edited by Endit; 01-06-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4139397;
    Yet again Calvin stays, what will it take to get rid of him? Yes, his outfit was well constructed, but it was not what the client wanted. Calvin was rude, dismissive and disrespectful toward his client. He was also dismissive of his Korean heritage and ignored the client's wishes.
    They both should have been booted.
    Neither gave their clients what they wanted but Calvin's was constructed better. But that's all. Calvin seems to embrace acting like a diva even though it doesn't work for him. But that's all the drama that Bravo has for this show so they keep him.
    Cindy gave her client a very poorly constructed jacket that would have looked a lot better if it were longer, like a Matrix jacket that the client wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4139397;
    I liked Eduardo and Cesar's outfits, but I agree that the bow tie should have been smaller and the print for the pants either striped or plaid.
    Those were wonderful outfits for both girls, exactly what they wanted and completely suited their personalities. The bow tie was too big for such a tiny girl but I liked the paisley pants. I think part of the problem was not the type of pattern but the fact that it was too bland for that striking colored smoking jacket. If it had been a bolder pattern (even paisley) it could have stood up to the strong upper part of the outfit. If they had used a stripe or plaid, they would also have to be bold to carry that jacket and the bright contrasting colors (jacket and tie).

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4143006;
    Those were wonderful outfits for both girls, exactly what they wanted and completely suited their personalities. The bow tie was too big for such a tiny girl but I liked the paisley pants. I think part of the problem was not the type of pattern but the fact that it was too bland for that striking colored smoking jacket. If it had been a bolder pattern (even paisley) it could have stood up to the strong upper part of the outfit. If they had used a stripe or plaid, they would also have to be bold to carry that jacket and the bright contrasting colors (jacket and tie).
    Yes, those were the outfits the girls were happy with. The one did NOT want stripes and did want paisley. It baffles me that the judges say on one hand that they should give the clients what they want yet on the other say that they should have used a pattern they were specifically asked not to use. I heard the blah blah blah about convincing the client that she did want stripes, but that woman was pretty adament she didn't want stripes. That's not to say they couldn't have compromised but I think at that point it was a bit late since they were picking from the patterns available to them at the workshop, no more trips to the fabric store.

I was surprised Calvin was not sent home just for being rude to his clients. No way is he staying in business if that is the way he really behaves. I do wonder thought if his English is so bad that he truly does not understand how horrible he treats people?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread