+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season 2, Episode 6 Dec 21, 2010

FORT Fogey

Season 2, Episode 6 Dec 21, 2010

The villan from a Batman comic, again, teams with the Target designer to bring us more viewing pleasure.

We are used to the network asking to keep the drama, thus Calvin surviving, got that, but why not keep the love story? Any one of them could have gone home. Can't they even get the manipulation part right?

The set design, lighting and general atmosphere seems off on top of everything else that is wrong, too.

So the question is, will Bravo try this for another season, cancel it or rework it yet again?

Any fashion competition is going to pale next to Project Runway despite its shaky start on Lifetime. It will get its legs back and be the show we have always loved. Bravo needs to develop something that is not a blatant rip off.

old cow

Re: Season 2, Episode 6 Dec 21, 2010

I don't think even the great Iman can save this snoozer of a show

FORT Fogey

Oh I think Iman is digging it further into the grave! Had they allowed her to be her genuine self, this effort would have been better. She is acting a character and it isn't working. The "off with their head!" persona is comical and pathetic.

Haven't seen the new episode yet.
    I do agree that Iman can be totally over the top, but I do enjoy the show.
    And, I tried hard to watch PR when it was still on Bravo. I thought it was over the top, as well, and couldn't watch it.
    At least, I'm still watching this one.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I prefer this over the past several seasons of PR. Iman doesn't bother me, I think she's sort of awesome and cracks me up with most of her comments. She is playing a role and I think doing a good job of it.

I also like the house concept, it's fresh and different.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Of course they are keeping Calvin around for the b*tch-Diva factor, but it comes to a point where the concept of the show is completely ignored. They made the change of having to work as a team in a fashion house, yet they keep the 1 person who refuses to collaborate with anyone. Keeping him each week becomes more of a farce, since the idea is to work together. Calvin will never be a team player, and it's long past time to kick him off.

These designers need some major help in the styling department. They do not have the editing gene, it would seem. David was the worst of the lot, he just kept throwing crap on his model and it ended up looking like a jungle safari costume.

Still, I'd rather have the showmance over Diva-Calvin any day.

Get Calvin and his ego off my tv. He will never be successful in fashion design because he has never learned / will never learn how to work WITH others.

When a 44 year old man who is used to leading a team refuses to let you be on his team ... catch a clue.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

What I thought was funny was that Calvin is all p*ssed off that Dominique back-stabbed him...but he wasn't upset the first time it happened.

He's just totally missing that "compromise" gene ;-)

I can't tell if Iman is just a diva ----- too or just an act. She is so stern and harsh! "I cringed.", "It is a fashion emergency!", "The only cohesion you had was bad taste", "kiss the feet of", "the non losing house is...". It's so over the top! It's almost like good cop/bad cop with Mizrahi.

Calvin doesn't need this show like the others. Remember how he almost sacrificed himself for the black girl? Plus he already has 3 stores and they are QUITE spread out (wasn't it like California, Chicago, and a totally different than the 2 just listed?) He also came into this show saying that he did not want to work in teams, PERIOD. I too think it is his time to go. He is the perfect storm. His voice sounds mean even when he's joking IMO (sending out mixed signals to others), then you add the thick accent and english as a second language (things get lost in translation or are unable to be expressed properly) and it's already a timebomb waiting to happen... and then comes egotistical and stubborn streak.

One thing I gotta give to this show is the runway production and photography. I love how they use the big screens and give creative control to the teams for props and other people being used, even down to how and they want the models to pose at the end. And the size of the audience is just perfect too. Not some over the top Tyra spectacle or a "holier than thou" private showing on Project Runway. Bravo's last fashion show (Launch My Line, that I loved) also had a circular runway that was interesting as well.

The Fashion Show's online photography of the clothes is way better than Project Runway as well. I have been vocal a couple times about how PR has always crooked backgrounds and no consistency between images, plus the orange-ish skin tons and a bit too crushed shadows. TFS is all shot in a studio, enough said.

As much as Calvin can't work with others it can't be said that he is the causing them to lose the challenges. The other team still isn't (usually) winning, despite them gaining someone 'great' in Ceasar and getting rid of Calvin. I don't know what is wrong with House of Emerald but it's not been pretty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast