+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Season 2, Episode 5--December 14, 2010

Season 2, Episode 5--December 14, 2010

I don't know where to begin on this one, so this is just a collection of random thoughts.

Never watched a HW show, so it didn't bother me since I didn't know them. I must say, though, that I liked the ones from California better.

Was it my imagination, or in the beginning did Isaac say that he loved the color palette for Emerald? I could have sworn he did, because I remember thinking that finally he approved of one of their mood boards. (Even though they won last time Isaac was initially hesitant about them.) Maybe I'm just crazy, though. Regardless of whether he did or not, I loved their choice of color, and so did the clients.

Ok, Cesar's "Scarlet O' Hara" was a bit over the top, but it certainly wasn't the worse thing I've seen on the runway. I was so ticked off, however, when I saw that Cesar and Golnessa had screwed up their sewing. I had wanted Emerald to win but I knew they were sunk as soon as the judges pointed that out. How could you miss errors that were as basic as that?

Nami may have had some lovely colors but their dresses just looked blah to me. And on a purely persnickety note, I didn't like their runway show. Talk about stripper...everything about it, from the music from the way the women entered, suggested "bordello." I kept waiting for the women to take their dresses off.

Yes, Danielle's crying was annoying, but what was more annoying for me was how the producers made it so blasted obvious that Emerald was going to lose. Good grief almighty, how many shots did we see of somebody on Nami moaning about how bad they were?

For once I had a bit of sympathy for Calvin. I think I would have run out of the room screaming if I had had to deal with the client from you-know-where like that. I thought his first dress looked lovely while his second dress looked trashy. And did she seriously expect him to whip up a third dress just for her? No wonder he had a cow.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Re: Season 2, Episode 5--December 14, 2010

You don't know where to start and I don't know where to end. This show feels off to me, I just can't get into it like I do Project Runway and the interior design contests. Maybe it is the division into houses - though that should be interesting; maybe it is the short work time though that happens in every design competition show. Maybe it is the personalities needing to do their own thing yet hampered by blending with the house look of the challenge. Anyway - if I never see those trashy women on my TV again it will be too soon. I guess you can tell I've never watched the "Housewife" shows and I never will.

I don't know what I want from this show, but whatever it is, I'm not getting it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Re: Season 2, Episode 5--December 14, 2010

Arielflies, I agree. This show is off. Iman's odd, agressive character coupled with the collection concept contributes to this mess. Creating a collection does not give us the varity we get on PR either. Having Issac as the mentor and judge doesn't work.

The judges on Project Runway give serious feedback. Here we have one cartoon character, an upbeat designer who I cannot take seriously and a random guest judge. Nothing gels.

+ Reply to Thread