+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season 2, Episode 4 Nov. 30, 2010

Season 2, Episode 4 Nov. 30, 2010

So, did anyone watch the show?

Personally I thought it was dumb. Bringing a specific year to current fashion forward is hard enough, but then to make them use plaid in the design?

Both houses used gray as their main color palate - especially after Issac knocked out the red Emerald wanted to bring in. Some of the shapes were interesting, but the palate was boring.

The kid that looked "like a girl" is the first to go from Nami as they were the losing house. He is young with no experience and everyone seemed to take him under their wing...he had a hard time going from concept to design.

Jeez - I hope the challenge next week has the chance to have some color in it. Who knew gray was not only the new black, but the new everything.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Season 2, Episode 4 Nov. 30, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4118054;
    So, did anyone watch the show?

Personally I thought it was dumb. Bringing a specific year to current fashion forward is hard enough, but then to make them use plaid in the design?
    I didn't mind the year idea; I thought that was kind of cool. However, I thought it was ridiculous to bring in the plaid.

Both houses used gray as their main color palate - especially after Issac knocked out the red Emerald wanted to bring in. Some of the shapes were interesting, but the palate was boring.
    I was not impressed with either team this week. Both teams just looked blah and washed out with their outfits. I was more unimpressed by Nami, though. I was a teenager in the 80's, and I sure remember it being a lot more colorful than that. Also, that grunge outfit just looked like a potato sack. Although I didn't like grunge music, I will say that that style deserved better than the outfit that represented it last night.

The kid that looked "like a girl" is the first to go from Nami as they were the losing house. He is young with no experience and everyone seemed to take him under their wing...he had a hard time going from concept to design.

Jeez - I hope the challenge next week has the chance to have some color in it. Who knew gray was not only the new black, but the new everything.
    Oh my gosh...I was laughing so hard...Romeo and Juliet on the runway! That sure beats PR. It was pretty sad, though, when David (?) couldn't think of any reason why he should stay. Note to everybody reading this: if any interviewer asks why they should hire you, it is NOT a good idea to stare at them for 10 seconds before answering. I thought he should have been eliminated after that.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I'm really enjoying the show.
    Liked the idea of the year theme. I thought the plaid was OK and more designed to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

Loved Calvin's skirt; agreed that the top was way over the top!!

I loved the dress that Colnessa (sp?) designed. Very evocative of the area and oh, so feminine!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Yes, I did like her dress, but thought the bustle on the back of Calvin's dress pinpointed her b**t crack. If only he had gone a bit higher.

Oh, I also loved Romeo and Juliet on the runway. Such angst when lovers (not quite) were almost torn apart.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I liked several looks from both houses. But, Emerald was much better. Overall, I like plaid but I agree the color selection could have been more vibrant. I don't think Ro should have gone unless both Ro and David were sent home. Lastly, Iman i getting on my nerves...what's with the stern scolding attitude?

I liked the idea of certain years being the subject of the design, altho a few didn't get them right. For instance, no one I knew would ever have disco danced wearing a dress made up of strips of fabric. Disco dancing is very active, who would take the chance of falling out of their dress? At least, in the '70's they didn't want that to happen...not so sure now.

I didn't like all the grey but I thought their color choice was dictated according to what they were given in their time boxes and then Iman threw in the plaid idea. If that's the case, I understand so much grey; otherwise, bad choice and very blah.

As for David not being able to defend his design for the judges, I think Dominque (the girl designer he flirts with) should think twice about a man who can't speak up for himself...........to the point that she had to step in.
    I know she's in the early throes of new love but think about years down the line and she asks him where he was all night and he can't say a word!!!!

I LOVED Jeffery's design. I'm so happy he won. When I saw it on the runway, I was totally like "I would rock that."

I might be in the minority, but I've always loved plaid. I still want to see Gonessa gone, but Rolando and David need to go too. At least I got rid of one of them. I want to see the rest duke it out. There is some amazing designing potential in there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerIce;4118424;
    I LOVED Jeffery's design. I'm so happy he won. When I saw it on the runway, I was totally like "I would rock that."
    That was the one garment that I hated! I was stunned that it won.

I like plaid these days. It is being shown everywhere and when that happens I tend to go with most current trends. It is fun for a change.

Calvins skirt was beautiful. It is interesting to see him settle down on his new team.

It was surprising that Dave could not defend himself. He was so deflated at being on the bottom he froze. Poor guy. Good that his love interest helped him along. I like both of them and glad he survived.

FORT Fan

I really like this show, the best part of an episode is seeing the contestants work together and having fun together. There may be drama, at least there's also a fair share of fun to go along with that drama.

Compare to PR last season which had people sucking on lemons constantly.
    This is not a signature.

I love plaid, I just didn't think it was right for this challenge. I love a good plaid flannel shirt on a winter day, though, with a hot drink.

Calvin's skirt was gorgeous, but as usual, he went overboard. Didn't Isaac just tell him last last week that he needed to work on editing his outfits? That blouse didn't look 60's at all. I laughed when Iman said it looked like a housewife under the influence, because she was exactly right.

Didn't mind Rolando getting eliminated, because that blouse was a shapeless mess. Speaking of which, that was the other reason I wanted David gone: that jumpsuit just looked terrible. That was inspired by Michael Jackson? Jackson would never have worn such a frumpy mess.

How could the judges say that it was "close" between the two houses? Were they just trying to comfort Nami? Because all of their looks were shapeless and frumpy, except for Eduardo's cocktail dress. And as somebody said above, that had nothing remotely to do with the 70's. I'm picturing John Travolta's partner trying to dance in that...ain't happening.

On Emerald's side, my favorites were Golnessa and Cindy. The former's dress was 50's and yet chic, and I loved the coat that Cindy designed. I would totally love to wear it and I can see Jackie O. wearing something like that.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast