+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season 2, Episode 3--Nov 23, 2010

Season 2, Episode 3--Nov 23, 2010

OMG, Nami absolutely deserved to win last night. Those dresses were gorgeous. Did anybody else get goosebumps when Eduardo's dress appeared on the runway? And, per Von Teese, I could see a woman just sliding that sucker to the floor if she were seducing somebody.

Who was it who said that Emerald's color palette was just wrong? That poor guy was spot on. Also, Isaac was right when he said that there is just not any fabric sophistication on Emerald. Remember when he frowned in the workroom and asked delicately if they were stuck with that fabric? That should have set off warning bells right there. For Pete's sake, there was Cesar in the fabric store gloating about how they saved all that money. Well, yeah, it showed.

Speaking of which, what was up with him? Here he was supposed to be a star like Calvin, and as Iman put it so well, "You didn't pull them up, they pulled you down to their level." That was just sad. If Cesar had made a killer dress, I might get cynical and say he was just sacrificing the others so that he can keep from getting eliminated. That mess he made was, well, a mess, though. How to explain it?

I felt so sorry for Emerald. I was hoping they could do much better this week. Do you guy think this poor team is just hopelessly outgunned in terms of talent, or is there ever a chance they could actually win?

Tamyra definitely deserved to go this week. Her suit may have looked nice, but Iman was exactly right. What on earth did it have to do with the challenge? Nothing about it said "sexy" or "femme fatale" to me. No wonder Emerald can't win, with its designers determined to do their own thing and refusing to think collectively.

What can I say? Calvin continues to amaze me, this week in a good way. He actually played nice with the others for the most part. I even loved his dress, except that Isaac was right, it needed some editing. That poor model was probably praying that she wouldn't fall over as she walked the runway.

I LOVED that surprise twist at the end! It's now official: I like this show better than PR. Who do you guys think are the two designers on Nami that are "getting a free ride" according to Isaac? And on a side note, I also love that they don't just give the standard prize of immunity each time someone wins a challenge.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Re: Season 2, Episode 3--Nov 23, 2010

I find it hard to take any opinion that Dita Von Teese has as serious...she was married to Marilyn Manson! What kind of taste could she possibly have? Marrying Marilyn Manson is extremely POOR TASTE!

I LOVED that surprise twist at the end! It's now official: I like this show better than PR. Who do you guys think are the two designers on Nami that are "getting a free ride" according to Isaac? And on a side note, I also love that they don't just give the standard prize of immunity each time someone wins a challenge.
    I'm thinking Rolando is one. And even though she came in second, the woman (Danielle?) is the second one. But it definitely wasn't Calvin.

Cesar's designs definitely went downhill. I know he wouldn't admit it, but I do think that he thought he was a strong enough designer to lead them to victory and then fell flat on his face. Iman hit the nail on the head with her comment.

They really need to do a whole new draw and switch things up. Tamara and I forget her name (the one who is always dressed so stylish) to me have consistently been the worst designers on the show. I kinda think that the one that is always dressed so nice would be better suited as a stylist than a designer. She seems to have an eye for putting outfits together from clothes that already exist, but she lacks creative vision and construction ability that is necessary in becoming a designer.

My favorite designs this week were definitely Edcuardo's and Cindy's. I would wear Edcuardo's to be sexy and sophisticated and Cindy's to be sexy and naughty.

So now we know that the problem wasn't Calvin. He just saw a losing team and wanted out because he completely changed when on the other team, interesting.

Emerald consistently puts out poorly constructed, poorly designed, and just cheap looking garments. Nami is the exact opposite. Is it just the team dynamics? I'd like to see the houses mixed up to see who are the weak links in Nami (definitely Rolando but not really sure who the other one is) and if any of the designers in Emerald are good outside that team.

I like this show, much more than I've liked PR in a very long time. This show feels fresh and vibrant, I love the fashion house concept and just think they are doing a great job on the editing and the rehash of the show overall.

Cesar was a favorite till this week, I like I'm kind of liking Calvin now! Heaven forbid *gasps* but he won me over with the way he was willing to go home in her place and how much he liked her. I think alot of the problem with Calvin is that due to the language barrier he doesn't try to get along with others if he even senses any tiny bit of dislike on their part.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4113925;
    So now we know that the problem wasn't Calvin. He just saw a losing team and wanted out because he completely changed when on the other team, interesting.
    Sounds plausible to me. I remember thinking as I watched, "Why is he now doing a 180 in terms of attitude?" That would make sense, that with his level of talent he was frustrated at being stuck on the lesser team.

Emerald consistently puts out poorly constructed, poorly designed, and just cheap looking garments. Nami is the exact opposite. Is it just the team dynamics? I'd like to see the houses mixed up to see who are the weak links in Nami (definitely Rolando but not really sure who the other one is) and if any of the designers in Emerald are good outside that team.
    I am seriously worried about Emerald. I feel sorry for them; they seem like such nice people. It's become painfully obvious, though, that they just don't have the level of talent that Nami does. I would also really like to see the houses mixed up so that Emerald can get some real help.

And of course, it would be interesting to flush out the "easy riders" on Nami.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4113739;
    I find it hard to take any opinion that Dita Von Teese has as serious...she was married to Marilyn Manson! What kind of taste could she possibly have? Marrying Marilyn Manson is extremely POOR TASTE!
    Are you serious? Oh ick ick ick. That just makes me grungy thinking about it.

I hardly know anything about Von Teese except her name. A few years ago I picked up a book she had written, detailing her life and career. Although she tried to glamorize it, she's basically a high-paid stripper for celebrity parties. I remember thinking, "Why would anybody want to do THAT?" before putting the book down.

Dang! The villain cried real tears. And the supposed hero gave into his ego even though he vowed he wouldn't.

I liked this challenge because it made you think how you would design a dress for a man-eater. Slithery for sure...easy to remove for sure...must have red (male seduction color) and black to make you, as the female, feel powerful. The problem is how do you combine them?

I wasn't fond of the lace Emerald used - that is what, to me, made the outfits look cheap - especially on the screen where other fabric, unless it shreds or puckers is hard to see its quality. Design won for Nami and because Isaac (who would never be seduced by a woman) like the purple/black color more than the red/black. But, I'm being bitchy. It is all about design and Nami did a much better job.

I can't believe I'm happy to read more of Calvin's subtitles, and hoping Cesar found his hubris and takes it back a notch.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I thought what Dita had to say about having to be able to slink out of the dress interesting, I would have never thought of that but she was right. Think about Jessica Rabbit (haha). The dress should flow and fit like a second skin and yet the woman should be able to move in it. It should exude sexuality but not be slutty. Properly dressing a femme fatale is not an easy task!

As far as what colors men find hot? Not really sure I agree with the red. I thought of black, actually and thought the purple was a power color for a female. It should have some combination of leather and lace (so trite but there is a reason those combination appear on so much of the trashy lingerie.)

I really do hope they do something to mix the teams up more next week otherwise it will be a weekly blood bath till all of Emerald is gone.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4115166;
    I thought what Dita had to say about having to be able to slink out of the dress interesting, I would have never thought of that but she was right. Think about Jessica Rabbit (haha). The dress should flow and fit like a second skin and yet the woman should be able to move in it. It should exude sexuality but not be slutty. Properly dressing a femme fatale is not an easy task!
    I know. I LOL when Dita said that. That was a great point.

As far as what colors men find hot? Not really sure I agree with the red. I thought of black, actually and thought the purple was a power color for a female. It should have some combination of leather and lace (so trite but there is a reason those combination appear on so much of the trashy lingerie.)
    I liked the purple better, too. Red just says "power business suit" to me, not something sexy. Maybe it's because I used to have a red power business suit, complete with padded shoulders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast