+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season 2, episode 2 - Nov 16, 2010 - spoilers

Season 2, episode 2 - Nov 16, 2010 - spoilers

Caught this show by accident and stayed to watch.

Impressions:

One of the sets that had all the designers meeting to talk to Iman and Issac seemed extremely cheap. Looked like a warehouse with curtains draped everywhere.

Liked what they showed back stage during the runway show.

Where did they find Calvin? I really feel for the poor person who has to translate what he says for the subtitles. Boy is he hard to understand and I am reading the subtitles.

Looks like they had 2 days to prepare to the show...lots more time then on Project Runway.

I wish they had gone more into why Mike quit.

Iman's talking seems very forced. Needs to relax her jaw more and get a diction coach. Some of her comments seem very scripted.

I was surprised that House of Nami won. I hated there deconstructed look. It looked horrible compared to House of Emarald's choice of using blood red. Surprisingly, Calvin's look was the best on the runway, too bad he has a horribly personality.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Season 2, episode 2 - Nov 16, 2010 - spoilers

Out of curiosity why is this show in this category instead of Other Reality Shows???

We were told we needed to advise a MOD through a PM if we wanted it moved upthread.

I haven't watched last night's epi yet.
    So, I'm trying not to look to see who got eliminated.
    I did see the comment about Calvin, though.
    Definitely couldn't understand him, either. But, he sure makes a terrific villain on this show!
    Last edited by norealityhere; 11-17-2010 at 04:37 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I felt a tad bit sorry for Calvin last night--I really wanted to hear what a nuclear explosion had to do with the inside of the human body. Seriously, that was a tad bit rude to not let the man express his idea. It may have sounded silly, but couldn't you decide that after he said it?

And, I, too was surprised to see that Calvin actually made the best dress for his team. I also agree with you, Bearcata, that Emerald should have won. I liked their bold choice of color much better than the bland Nami. Tamara should have stuck to her guns, though, because that bit of pleat looked ridiculous on her dress.

Holy mackerel! Calvin on Team Nami! Oh, brother, I hope he's not going to pull them down, too. It looks like from the previews that they're certainly going to fight that happening.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

If nothing else Calvin is a truly polarizing character in addition totally butchers English grammar.

I can honestly say that I never saw anyone this polarizing on PR. I mean, even Santino leavened his arrogance with a wicked sense of humor.

Yes, I would love to have known more about Mike's leaving, too. The way they showed it, they made him look like a real coward. I mean, geesh, giving up just because he was overwhelmed? How lame. I thought it was really cool that Nami rallied together to create that extra dress.

Ok, if somebody could have been eliminated, who would you have voted off? I feel sorry for Tamara, but she really should not have succumbed and put that pleat on there. And who was it who had the dress that was falling apart? I think she would be my top candidate. If they really had two days, then there was no excuse for that kind of poor construction.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Shoot. House of Nami was really getting into a groove and now Issac has decided to move the trouble maker, Calvin, over there in order to give House of Emerald a chance.

Nami had a story that went from bone to muscle to blood vessels. Emerald's story was the color red and a bit of indistinguishable ribbing. The one thing that Calvin touted last week was the thing the judges hated this week - taking a wrap and turning it into a backpack - or in this case a cloth bag. He also went away from the team with his overall design. Will he even try to mesh with Nami?

Interesting show, but now I am sad.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Cesar and the Peruvian are leaps and bounds beyond the rest.

FORT Fan

I found myself in agreeance with the judges on which house won this challenge.

The House of Nami really did create a cohesive collection, and the individual pieces were able to stand and be judged as part of a larger collection and as an independant creation. In the end they had a far fresher and bolder collection put on the runway.

House of Emerald created a lot of gowns, and their theme was the colour red. They had a lot of dresses that were pretty, but at the same time those pretty dresses were pretty bland and dull, save for a couple of them. Calvin's dress stood out, as did Jeffrey's dress, but in the larger collection they seemed to be just two dresses in a collection of more dresses. That really hurt them in the end, they never pushed the envelope. They didn't even play it safe, they played a very bland game... it wasn't a collection to be ashamed of, at least not as shameful as Mike's little musical number down out on the prairie to start a good ol' ho-down... but Emerald's collection wasn't anything to write home about.

This show should be the top show, with Mike's Vagina-dress this show just became awesome. We've had straight guys on fashion shows before, and they tend to mention their love for kitties before, but Mike just brought it to a whole new level. I'm guessing next week we'll be seeing a Fallopian tube-skirt from Mike... he's just THAT into lady-bits and folds and flaps and whatnots... I trust Mike to take it to the next level.

But let's be honest, that dress he made was as ugly as the thing it was inspired by... there's not a single woman who would wear that. You won't even find an unshaven man-hating lesbian feminazi thinking "I'm totally feeling this dress!" Of all the things you can get your inspiration from... that is perhaps the ugliest part of the female anatomy to pick as your muse. Vajayjay it out of here Mike, and make me something pretty next week, lest your hindside is out of fashion.

One team made pretty dresses, but the other team made fashion.
    This is not a signature.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4108152;
    Yes, I would love to have known more about Mike's leaving, too. The way they showed it, they made him look like a real coward. I mean, geesh, giving up just because he was overwhelmed? How lame. I thought it was really cool that Nami rallied together to create that extra dress.
    I think Mike just crumbled under the pressure. He was part of a well oiled machine and he was the odd-man out. On top of that he couldn't produce when he needed to. I think he just went over the top and crashed hard.

A miniature meltdown.
    This is not a signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast