+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season 2, episode 2 - Nov 16, 2010 - spoilers

Re: Season 2, episode 2 - Nov 16, 2010 - spoilers

I agreed with the judges decisions. Nami had garments that stood alone but also as part of a collection. Emerald just had the same color going on, there really wasn't anything about their collection that made me think cohesion and there was some really poor sewing and craftsmanship which I think sank them in the end. Three of their dresses had visible design flaws and then that odd thing sticking out of the center of the dress? Well that was the fourth and fatal flaw. Compare that to the almost perfect construction of the other house? And really it's not a mystery why the won.

I'm not happy with putting Calvin with the Nami house. They were working well together and now will fall apart, just send the man home already. He is making watching this show very uncomfortable for me. I don't think he's talented, if he were truly gifted I'd be willing to overlook his nastiness but I've yet to see anything that makes me think he has the goods. He is just a jerk and needs to go away.

Also the straight guy? Of the vagina dress? I do think he protests a bit too much. Is he insecure in his own sexuality or still lurking in the closet? Because we do not need to be reminded in every other breath that his straight. Really, it reads as trying too hard to convince himself that he is straight.

Oh and the quitter? I would have hunt him down and beat him with a sewing item for what he did. It's one thing to quit, it's another to do it and trying to take your former team down while doing it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Wow, talk about a meltdown.
    I agree that's it one thing to pack it in; quite another to try and sabotage your teammates why do actually want to be there.
    I feel very bad for Team Nani having to deal with Calvin now.
    Cesar's volunteering to go over to Emerald is another reason why I really like this guy.
    He appears confident; yet not brash like Calvin.
    As far as Isaac, I just love him on this show. He's the perfect counterpoint to Iman.
    Have to say, I never got into Project Runway, but I do really enjoy this show.
    It's got just the right amount of "over the top" for me.
    Hope it continues on in this way.
    On another note, how funny is it that they translate, via screen captioning, everything Calvin says.
    I have to admit, if they didn't, I sure would miss a lot.
    Cesar's comment about him Calvin's being another drama Asian queen, or similar, totally cracked me up.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

old cow

How can we go about getting this thread out of the Hiatus/No Longer Covering section and back into a more easily accessable location?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4109516;
    Cesar's comment about him Calvin's being another drama Asian queen, or similar, totally cracked me up.
    Same here.
    Last edited by Babbred; 11-19-2010 at 07:23 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;4109596;
    How can we go about getting this thread out of the Hiatus/No Longer Covering section and back into a more easily accessable location?
    I wish I knew. Here's what happened:

Being new to the show, I didn't know there was a previous season. I started a thread in "Current Shows." That thread was locked down and I was pointed to this area.

So...people started finding my thread here in the basement and responding. Then that thread got locked down and somebody named Hepcat responded with the following:

PMing a week ago would have fixed this sooner. Just go to the thread in "other reality shows".

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...how-bravo.html

Only thing is, that link takes you to...right back here to the basement. I combed through three pages of "Current Shows" and this one just ain't there. So until somebody sorts this mess out I'm just going to stay here in the basement and keep posting.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4109687;
    I wish I knew. Here's what happened:

Being new to the show, I didn't know there was a previous season. I started a thread in "Current Shows." That thread was locked down and I was pointed to this area.

So...people started finding my thread here in the basement and responding. Then that thread got locked down and somebody named Hepcat responded with the following:

PMing a week ago would have fixed this sooner. Just go to the thread in "other reality shows".

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...how-bravo.html

Only thing is, that link takes you to...right back here to the basement. I combed through three pages of "Current Shows" and this one just ain't there. So until somebody sorts this mess out I'm just going to stay here in the basement and keep posting.
    I asked that same question and was told to PM a moderator. So I PM'ed two and have yet to hear anything back.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The good thing about the thread being here is that there are several threads in the show thread. If it were in with the other reality shows it would just have one and everything would be lumped together. This way several threads about the show can go on at the same time (ie-having separate threads for each week's show).

I didn't really like the House of Nami's dresses, but I could see how it was a better, more cohesive collection. It's not really fair to any of the competitors to stick them with Calvin. He doesn't play well with others.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;4110154;
    The good thing about the thread being here is that there are several threads in the show thread. If it were in with the other reality shows it would just have one and everything would be lumped together. This way several threads about the show can go on at the same time (ie-having separate threads for each week's show).
    To be honest, that's one of the reasons why I haven't protested too much.

I didn't really like the House of Nami's dresses, but I could see how it was a better, more cohesive collection. It's not really fair to any of the competitors to stick them with Calvin. He doesn't play well with others.
    Having thought about it over the last few days, I've changed my mind. Nami had the the better collection and deserved the win. At first I was just attracted by the strong color that Syx had. That bland ecru that Nami picked put me to sleep. However, in terms of design, Nami's dresses had more creativity and certainly were better constructed.

old cow

I'm looking forward to tonite's episode. I do hope Calvin gets along with his new team mates. In some of the preview clips it seemed like he was. If nothing else to show everyone on Nami that they can win without Cesar.

FORT Fogey

I'm enjoying the show and there are a handful of designers who are really, really good. Better than the majority who appear on Project Runway, IMO. I'm guessing the casting process has a lot to do with that, i.e. different takes on a balance between talent and good tv.

Just a note about Cesar.....while moving to the other team may appear to be a selfless act, it really is pretty cunning. Calvin is bad blood no matter where he goes. A team with good juju will perform better than a team with bad juju. Minimally, it will be an easier environment in which to work which means Cesar will have a better chance at being his best.

I'll be curious to see whose team wins this week...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast