Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Watching the New Season?

Anybody Watching the New Season?

Is there anybody watching besides me? And since it's no longer on hiatus, is there a way to move it up with the current shows?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Re: Anybody Watching the New Season?

I watched it. I really loved the House of Nami collection. It was beautiful as well as cohesive. I wanted the one that won to win. So far it seems better than the first season, but we'll see.

Well, from the negativity in the other thread, it seems like you and I may be the only people who comment here. What can I say? I like it. It's refreshing to see people trying to work together than try and tear each other apart a la this past season of Project Runway.

I already posted an extensive review of this week's episode in the area for current shows, and I'm too tired to cut-and-paste it here. Suffice it to say that I am new to the show, I like it, and H of N definitely deserved to win.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

After seeing Isaac on WWHL, I'm going to watch it.
    He told Andy Cohen it's really over the top.

I figured I'd try and catch a repeat. Can you tell me when it's regular time is?
    I must have missed it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4103582;
    Is there anybody watching besides me? And since it's no longer on hiatus, is there a way to move it up with the current shows?
    I like the revised format and the addition of Iman. I remember last year the stage was dark and dreary. It's better this season but still not quite right.

LOVED the NAMI collection - every piece. Cesar's dress blew me away when it came out. He was the right one to win.

There are some designers who will make this show interesting.

One complaint - the models hiding under sheets. That is absurdly stupid. Plus, one thing I like about Project Runway is the emphasis on styling. Mussed hair from a sheet won't help matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4103582;
    I'm definitely watching but couldn't find a forum for this show until I read that it was under "Shows not being covered."
    Hope someone can let the mods know we'd like to see it where we could find it more easily. I would but being new here, I have no idea how to contact them (or do a lot of other things also!!

I watched last season but didn't really like it. Of course, at that time, nothing could come close to Project Runway in my mind..........not so much anymore since PR's last season!
    I like the addition of Iman. She's a gorgeous, over the top diva in the truest sense and perfect for the role. I prefer someone like her rather someone I didn't know like last season. To me, when she speaks, I feel she knows what she's talking about.
    Hoping for some good interactions between all the contestants. Looks good so far. Calvin is a real piece of work and that's what I like!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4103588;
    Well, from the negativity in the other thread, it seems like you and I may be the only people who comment here. What can I say? I like it. It's refreshing to see people trying to work together than try and tear each other apart a la this past season of Project Runway.
    Not true! I'll be watching for the same reason. I hated this seasons PR mostly because of the contestants and the polarizing effect they had on viewers and how down right ugly things got there towards the end.

I just can't watch till the weekends do to my busy week schedule.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4103625;
    I'm definitely watching but couldn't find a forum for this show until I read that it was under "Shows not being covered."
    I went one better. Since I'm new to the show, I didn't realize there was a previous season. I started a new thread up in "Current Shows."

Hope someone can let the mods know we'd like to see it where we could find it more easily. I would but being new here, I have no idea how to contact them (or do a lot of other things also!!
    Absolutely.

I watched last season but didn't really like it. Of course, at that time, nothing could come close to Project Runway in my mind..........not so much anymore since PR's last season!
    Hello, friend! I only heard of this show about a month ago, when people were complaining about the current season of PR. At the time I shrugged it off because I was too focused on that other show. After that horrible final, though, I thought I might as well give this show a try. I'm glad I did.

I like the addition of Iman. She's a gorgeous, over the top diva in the truest sense and perfect for the role. I prefer someone like her rather someone I didn't know like last season. To me, when she speaks, I feel she knows what she's talking about.
    Who was it last season?

I have to admit, Iman had to grow on me. At first I didn't like her because she was too different from Heidi. Now, however, I do like her. She's beautiful and glamorous and knows everything about her business. She might not be chummy like Heidi, but I kind of like the difference now. It's a nice contrast.

I also love Isaac. He might not be Tim Gunn, but he's a fascinating personality and usually seems like such a happy person.

Hoping for some good interactions between all the contestants. Looks good so far. Calvin is a real piece of work and that's what I like!
    I don't mind a villain. Every reality show needs a villain. Besides, I see him as kind of like Santino: arrogant because he's good and knows what he's doing. It's interesting that even though his team clashed with him at times, they still looked to him for advice and help.

Welcome, Harmony! Good to have you here, too.

Count me in. It'd be nice if this thread displaces PR. It's on hiatus anyway plus it jumped the shark, the whale, the titanic....

I like Iman much better than the previous host. I think it should have been renamed The Ultimate Collection if the format continues the fashion house battles.

House of Emerald Six was wrong from the start. Emerald Six? Are you kidding me? Heck, they could have jazzed that up by changing it to a foreign translation. The designs were lackluster.

House of Nami knocked it out the park!

I finally got to see this and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I really liked Cesar and, as soon as i saw his dress, I just thought of how perfect it would be for Iman.
    I think Calvin Tran was already shown as a designer on some episode of Real Housewives of NY. He's totally over the top, so much so that I knew there was no way they were going to cut him in the first episode.

I like the contrast between Iman and Isaac. She's so totally out there and, even when Isaac is out there, I still find him very likable. So, it's a good mix.
    Has anybody watched this show last season?
    Who was playing the Iman role last time?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast