Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody Watching the New Season?

Re: Anybody Watching the New Season?

Iman is so much better than Kelly Rowland was last season! This show has done a 180 from last season, I enjoyed it last season but this season? Awesome! I really like the competing houses thing and Iman is fabulous as a host.

Calvin? Go home! If his clothing is in such demand that he has three stores and people waiting in line to buy his crap? Then why is he even on this show? His dress was horrible, he can't sew, and his personality is disgusting.

I really liked the Nami house and will be very sad when they are broken up and integrated with the other team. I foresee them sweeping each week till the show is forced to break them up for drama reasons. The previews? Who wants to bet that the "straight" designer is cutting up Calvin's garment? Then gets himself disqualified for it.

By the way? This show has become everything Project Runway wishes they still were! Way to blow it out in the very first episode. I'm excited for this season and can't wait to see what comes next.

Loved the fact that each house is responsible for everything from the collection to the runway design (music chosen, lights, props, line up...everything!) really added an interesting aspect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred;4104283;
    I don't mind a villain. Every reality show needs a villain. Besides, I see him as kind of like Santino: arrogant because he's good and knows what he's doing. It's interesting that even though his team clashed with him at times, they still looked to him for advice and help.

Welcome, Harmony! Good to have you here, too.
    *waves* thanks...I watched last season and was looking forward to this season. The changes were unexpected but I really like them.

As far as Calvin being a villain because he's good. I have to disagree. There is being arrogant and deserving that arrogance and then there is just being a jerk. We were not shown anything...anything at all...in that horrible dress he made to indicate that he can back that attitude up with skill. And I'd like to hold up Cesar as an example, the man is talented! His team mates turned to him for advice and help because he has the skill and yet he is a sweet heart (so far) and doesn't display the nasty attitude of Calvin.

I do agree that every show has to have a villain...so Calvin will be around well past his expiration date.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 11-14-2010 at 02:39 PM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fan

The saboteur wasn't the straight guy... who has a name which I've already forgotten, so let's define him by the characteristic that sets him apart from the other guys.

Mike is the guy who's cutting some pink stuff up, David is the hot straight guy who might or might not be a romantic interest...

I really enjoyed last season, this season is completely different. They re-tooled the whole thing, but I'm not convinced that it's better than the previous season.

Iman has more personality in her pinky than Kelly Rowland had in her entire body, but boy howdy, Iman sure does talk alot. Izaak Misrahi was standing there and got totally overrun by the one-woman stampede that is Iman. He looked a bit uncomfortable, but it made him a lot more sympathetic, the guy sounds a lot more invested in his advice. He has a very profesional and sympathetic vibe to how he connects to the contestants... save for that one tiny little error of calling a dude a chick... which was hilarious.

As far as the actual products go, I was really impressed with team Nami, it looked a bit on the safe side, but they managed to work with simplicity and used it to their advantage with the other team delivering a jumbled mess of a collection.

I loved team Nami's output. If this show continues to deliver garments that look like they actually belong on a runway, it might flush away the bad taste Project Runway left in my mouth this season.
    This is not a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;4105721;
    Iman has more personality in her pinky than Kelly Rowland had in her entire body, but boy howdy, Iman sure does talk alot. Izaak Misrahi was standing there and got totally overrun by the one-woman stampede that is Iman. He looked a bit uncomfortable, but it made him a lot more sympathetic, the guy sounds a lot more invested in his advice. He has a very profesional and sympathetic vibe to how he connects to the contestants... save for that one tiny little error of calling a dude a chick... which was hilarious.
    And that is where this show completely differed from PR and in a great way. The mentor actually mentored! I really liked it when he met with each team and gave them his opinion and advice. He sounded knowledgeable and caring, like he actually gave a hoot about how their final product was presented and making sure that both teams put their best work out there.

I don't have a problem with Iman doing all the talking, she's clearly the hostess while Issac is the mentor and I thought they both did their assigned roles beautifully.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I caught the repeat last Saturday and now have it on my DVR schedule. Is Ken the dude everyone hates? Anyway, Iman sure can look scary, and the two guest judges had credentials. So to compare the set up to Project Runway, with which I am familiar, I see Iman in the Heidi role and Isaak in the Tim Gunn role - except that he is also a judge.

I really like that they divided the group into Fashion Houses and have the background producer on camera orchestrating the runway. That sheds more light on the process than PR ever has.

I think the model had a lot to do with the winning design. She not only had her same skin tones, but her body shape and long neck. Iman could then truly visualize how that dress would look on herself. That said, I too, like the designs and the show put on my House of Nami.

The saturated yellow used in every piece by House of Syx was frightening. Unless the ego-maniac on that team learns to play with others, I don't know if they will come up with good cohesive design. He almost went home as they considered bad attitude vs. bad design and bad design won.

Anyway- I really enjoyed the first episode.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I forgot to add--I like Stephan (?), too. He's the producer of the runway shows. Like you said, Arie, seeing the contestants work with him on putting together their shows gives you more insight into the whole process. It's not just about making great clothing, you have to think about the overall impact of how the clothes are presented. I liked the cool graphics that Nami used and the draped look of Syx's. ( I do agree with the other poster, though. Didn't that muss the models' hair? )

I was also wondering why Calvin was on there. They've had that happen on PR before, too. I remember hearing designers say "I've already dressed Celebrity X." Well then why are you on the show? Make room for somebody who truly needs the exposure.

"You're a dude?" I love it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Wast it determined why this thread hasn't been moved to the top section of this page?

There are no writers available to recap the show, which is usually what determines which shows go up to the top forum.

You can still start live show discussion threads if you want, just add SPOILERS to the thread title as the rest of the forum will probably remain unlocked.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Perhaps we should just put it up in the Reality show thread, then?
    Perhaps it would be easier to access then?
    What do you think?
    That way, nobody needs to recap it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

You can PM a moderator (red name) with your questions/suggestions. I'm not really following the show that closely this season.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

PMing a week ago would have fixed this sooner. Just go to the thread in "other reality shows".

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...how-bravo.html
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12