+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'TFS Ultimate Collection' - Season 2 premieres Nov. 9th (News & Speculation)

'TFS Ultimate Collection' - Season 2 premieres Nov. 9th (News & Speculation)

Updated show page at BravoTV.com

BRAVO UNSPOOLS A BRAND NEW SEASON OF "THE FASHION SHOW" PREMIERING TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 9 AT 10PM (ET/PT)

Fashion Icon Iman and Acclaimed Designer Isaac Mizrahi, along with Harper's Bazaar's Laura Brown, Unveil 12 New Designers

Tuesday, November 9 at 10PM (ET/PT)
    Released by Bravo

NEW YORK - October 6, 2010 - Bravo threads a brand new twist into an all-new season of "The Fashion Show: Ultimate Collection," as fashion icon Iman and internationally acclaimed designer Isaac Mizrahi unveil 12 professional designers for a runway battle in a first-ever fashion house duel. Harper's Bazaar's Laura Brown will serve as series judge alongside hosts Iman and Mizrahi. "The Fashion Show: Ultimate Collection" premieres on Bravo on Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. For more information, visit Top Chef, Real Housewives, Inside the Actors Studio, and Other Bravo TV Shows | Bravo TV Official Site. Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/BravoPR.

"Season two of 'The Fashion Show' is must see TV. It's beyond that, it's live-for TV," said Mizrahi. "Giant fashion shows every week, amazing guest judges, and fabulous fabulous clothes. Not to mention the elegant and hilarious Iman. I'm glued."

"The Fashion Show: Ultimate Collection" will split 12 talented men and women into two fashion houses and each "house" must work together, not only to create a cohesive collection each week, but also to produce a live fashion show in every episode. From the set, to the music and lighting, these contestants will be pushed harder than ever before as they lay it all on the line for a chance to create the ultimate collection and to win $125,000 furnished by TRESemme Professional Hair Care. For a sneak peek at the series go to: The Fashion Show Ultimate Collection - Videos - Previews - Creating the Ultimate Collection | Bravo TV Official Site

To meet the new designers, visit Top Chef, Real Housewives, Inside the Actors Studio, and Other Bravo TV Shows | Bravo TV Official Site. The 12 contestants include:

Calvin Tran , 34 - Urbana, IL.; Resides in New York, NY and Chicago, IL

Cesar Galindo, 44 - Hometown: Houston, TX; Resides in New York, NY

Cindy Ayvar, 27 - Acapulco, Mexico; Resides in Van Nuys, CA.

David D'Angelo Caldwell, 31 - Choctaw, OK.; Resides in New York, NY

Dominique Pearl David, 21 - Hometown Ojai, CA; Resides in New York, NY

Eduardo de las Casas, 40 - Hometown: Lima, Peru.; Resides in Wilton Manors, FL

Francine Simmons, 33 - Newark, DE.; Resides in Brooklyn, NY

Golnessa Farmanara, 29 - Hometown: Tehran, Iran.; Resides in Los Angeles, CA

Jeffrey Williams, 26 - Hometown: Seattle, WA.; Resides in Brooklyn, NY

Mike Vensel, 35 - Hometown: Pittsburg, PA.; Resides in Los Angeles, CA

Rolando Tamez, 24 - Hometown: Houston, TX.; Resides in Houston, TX

Tamara Nicole Jones, 24-Hometown: Chicago, IL; Resides in Chicago, IL

Harper's Bazaar's Features and Special Projects Director, Laura Brown, joins Mizrahi and Iman as series judge. Brown joined Bazaar in 2005 and in addition to booking all of the magazine's covers, she has produced some of the most revolutionary fashion features for the publication, including sending The Simpsons to Paris; introducing Oscar de la Renta to Oscar the Grouch; and recasting iconic Pedro Almodovar film scenes with fashion's elite.

The first season of "The Fashion Show" averaged more than one million viewers. Left/Right Productions will produce the second season for Bravo with Banks Tarver and Ken Druckerman as executive producers.

Read more: Breaking News - Bravo Unspools a Brand New Season of "The Fashion Show" Premiering Tuesday, November 9 at 10PM (ET/PT) | TheFutonCritic.com
    Kelly Rowland and Fern Mallis are out. I'm glad they are trying an entirely new concept for the show, it definitely needed improvement.

I thought Iman was replacing Isaac Mizrahi outright, but no such luck. She is already a great host/judge on Project Runway Canada, so she should be a great addition.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 'TFS Ultimate Collection' - Season 2 premieres Nov. 9th (News & Speculation)

Just a reminder, starts back up November 9th. Project Runway has been so nasty this season that I dropped out about halfway through it. I'm missing having a design show to watch so I'm looking forward to this starting up.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Re: 'TFS Ultimate Collection' - Season 2 premieres Nov. 9th (News & Speculation)

I'm planning on giving this season a chance. But in order to do that, I feel inclined to watch the first season online. I mean, I kinda watched it when it initially aired, but it just ended up being background noise until I eventually dropped out. So yeah, I'm going to try to actually watch it this time, even though I know it's going to be horrible. Wish me luck.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

LOL it's more pleasant than the last season of Project Runway and if you can just ignore the hosts? It's not that bad.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

A show like this is not my cup of tea and besides that, I took on a few shows this season that I had never watched before, Big Brother, Survivor and The Apprentice, and I just can't get into any more. The Apprentice is not doing it for me, so I will probably let that one go. I have watched The Bachelor/ette and Dancing with the Stars for years and I watch The Biggest Loser on tape at the end of the season, but am watching it this season while airing. I even tried to watch The Amazing Race for the first time, but couldn't see what all the fuss was about this show and quit.

I really liked BB (surprisingly) and I need to find out when it premiers again. Probably May or June 2011?

Good luck with the new season of "The Fashion Show". Enjoy!

I'm going to give this another chance. I must have taken it off my season pass knowing I wasn't too thrilled with it last time. It's been awhile, but I'm not going to give it too much time. It's going to have to be good from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4094789;
    LOL it's more pleasant than the last season of Project Runway and if you can just ignore the hosts? It's not that bad.
    I liked this season of PR. I watched the first episode, and I dozed off at the end... I don't know how I'll survive the rest of the season.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I will give this show a chance and watch this season. This is the first I have heard of it.

So far I don't like it at all. Iman is abrasive and did not shown any reason for me to like her or even respect her position as host. I don't understand her strident manner when merely announcing the rules of the show. What is the point in coming on so forcerfully?

Heidi Klum is a tough act to follow and so far Iman isn't anywhere near this level of aware, strong and compelling human being. She says she is prickly and that she is!

The least favorite challenges, for me, on PR were the team efforts. I just don't enjoy watching this level of conflict week after week.

And here we go with Bravo's vote to keep the trouble maker in. Clearly Tran's horriffic dress, much worse than the other, deserved the boot.

I love the addition of Iman, and Isaac seems to be takine more of a Tim Gunn role even though he's still the head judge.

I don't like team challenges, so having 2 fashion houses seems like it would be more irritating to watch. Although I've got to say that team Nami seemed to work well together.

Of course they kept what's his name, he's the "drama" for the season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4103188;
    I love the addition of Iman, and Isaac seems to be takine more of a Tim Gunn role even though he's still the head judge.
    I was thinking the same thing. Iman is really fun to watch. The show needs someone over the top to make it interesting given the public's adoration with Project Runway.

I was also equating Isaac with Tim Gunn. Kind of a blow for Isaac, i.e. from designer to advisor, but as long as he is also a judge, I guess it works.

Don't get me wrong....I love Tim G.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast