+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 7/23 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3605842;
    That honestly makes me kind of sick.
    Boo to the judges...bad call.
    Way, WAAAAAAYYYYYYYY bad call.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Kao

I find it very hard to believe that JP only got 3rd place. All the people at the fashion blogs I go to said they were either voting for him, Anna, or both. Not a lot of people said Daniella. I call shennanigans! If anyone deserved that 10 grand, it was him. He just looked so stunned and hurt.

I stopped watching this show a while ago (and I never stop watching my reality shows, so you know this show was bad), but I'm really glad to hear that Anna won. She was my favorite in the beginning. Too bad she didn't hold out for Project Runway. She would have been better on that show.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I only glanced at the show during a break from "Torchwood" (Jack Harkness and Ianto are the cutest couple on TV), just enough to hear Daniella say, to some praise from Isaac, that she was incredibly humbled by her comments. Talk about laying it a little too thick. I was a really faithful viewer of this reality TV meltdown, but I stopped after what they did to Reco. Yes, he did deserve to be booted, but they shouldn't have had the audience choosing the winner. They knew it was going to be Reco, they couldn't (understandably) get behind his collection, so they decided the football field has only 96 yards after all. That is just not playing fair. The people of Make me a Supermodel learned that lesson after the first season, so they took away the audience choice. But they had the integrity to swallow the consequences of their actions. I am glad Anna won, even if she comes across as having the personality of a white bathroom tile.

I really can't understand all the "conspiracy" theories with Reco. He had a good collection and yes he should have been in the final three but accusing "the man" of keeping him from winning for some ulterior motive is just too much. Someone said it, "you're as good as your final collection."

It's not the first time a marvelous designer has come short in his final collection. Let's remember PR's golden kids Daniel Vosovic and Michael Knight who we all loved and just didn't deliver in the end.

What would the show/Bravo/Isaac/Kelly/Fern/camera man #3/lady that bringS sandwiches/etc. gain by not letting Reco win by popular vote? Are people really suggesting that Bravo/Fashion Show people involved are some kind of fashion racists or something other!? Was Reco a mole for Project Runway hence we would just not let him get the popular vote?

I think Reco would do fine. He's gifted and has the drive in him. He needs to let go his anger and focus on learning his craft instead. Pick up a book or go to the interweb and read who made fashion what it is today. There is nothing worst that someone who take pride in their ignorance :nono

As much as I love him, Reco's collection was not good, especially compared to the other ones. There were some pretty good pieces, but the feather dress and the wedding gown really let him down. And there wasn't as much of that fabulous meticulousness he showed through the season. I don't think he got booted for being a person of color, but I do believe the judges could not live with him winning after making such a poor showing. There was never any mention that there would be another elimination after the final four until they came in with their collections. If this was their way of throwing another surprise into the mix, it was, like so many aspects of this show, very poorly done. Project Runway has done this before, but as much as I dislike their surprises (the extra look in season 2) they have done it in a way that seems well planed, and it isn't open to misinterpretations. And when there was an extra elimination (like in the last two seasons) the contestants knew before they left to make their collections. If eliminating Reco was not done on purpose because of his wildly uneven collection, then the producers of this show are even clumsier than I thought.

old cow

Congrats to Anna! I sooo totally voted for her and she deserved to win out of the final 3.

Boooo to Daniella! UGH judges favorite?! I just don't understand that. Maybe they felt sorry for her b/c she got the lowest number of votes out of the final 3.

old cow

I think Reco would do fine. He's gifted and has the drive in him. He needs to let go his anger and focus on learning his craft instead.

WORD! This show can only bring him success! U R a shining , Reco!

I believe they chose Daniella because they knew that Anna won the audience vote, and they wanted her to win something. I think JP was the worst of the 4, Reco's was the best or at least tied with Anna, and Merlin finally showed himself to be a huge joke. Johnny was a joke as well.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Regular

Let's see now. . . .Captain Jack's bare bottom or Anna's K-Mart blue light special dresses (did she really win or all of you funnin' with me? . . . . Captain Jack's bare bottom or Daniella's plastic shoulder pads (where's Joan Crawford when you really need her . . . . Captain Jack's bare bottom or Jean Pauls ethnic horror show. Guess what Bravo? Captain Jack and "Torchwood" won every time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast