+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7/16 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Re: 7/16 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

JP should have been sent home. Again. He was labeled "a designer's designer", but this is for real women, ready-to-wear and his were not up to par. So he took out the person that I thought should have won the whole thing. Anna and Danielle were tied for 2nd, but JP was a definite no-go.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3582550;
    . . . . Daniela's voice isn't quite so annoying as Kenley's, but she rubbed me the wrong way at the beginning of the show and I never got over it.

Have to agree with you there. Not sure who was more annoying: Daniela or Haven. Together, they were almost unbearable.

I was surprised too that it wasn't James Paul who was asked to leave. Of course, Reco doomed himself by insisting that he'd be there at the finish. Never pays to talk big on a reality show.

I gave my votes to Anna. I liked her designs best. Plus there's the whole Daniela is annoying thing and I can't ever imagine myself wearing one of James Paul's "creations".
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Neurotic is the New Black Tximistarri's Avatar

Daniella's sequined shoulder-less shirts are so ridiculous. Those are real clothes for real people? She should have gone. Reco is ridiculously talented. A few of his pieces were divine. James-Paul (surprisingly) turned out a cohesive and pretty collection...not the most wearable for most people, but very interesting and high-fashion. Anna's -was-, as Isaac's said, too much a retrospective of her work on the show. That was lazy and uncreative of her. Again with the big crystal Minnie Mouse bow? Enough. And it was a bunch of individual pieces, not a collection. That said, I'd love to have a few of her pieces. Daniella's was the only collection I definitely wouldn't want anything from.

FORT Fanatic

I thought Haven had the most beautiful hair - she could do a commercial for some hair company.

Reco was talented sometimes but his attitude was offensive. He looks like Jimmy Walker who was on a wonderful TV show decades ago called "Good Times." They let him mug and I felt he ruined the show; I quit watching it. Esther Rolle had the female lead.

Didn't care for Daniella's attitude either. Would have voted for Anna, but I think I missed the deadline. Sorry, Anna.

I found it interesting that two of the judges - Fern someone and a British judge with a Cockney accent (?) were dressed rather conservatively. Then they showed people like Betsy Johnson with half-pigtails in her hair. Something for everyone, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3580421;
    Right when I heard that they were going to be eliminating someone tonight I KNEW they were going to find a way to send Reco home. And considering how unpleasant Danielle was tonight (openly gloating over Reco's troubles) I'm voting for Anna and James Paul for the win since both of those designers had more clothes that I would wear. Danielle only had a couple of outfits I would wear, and the one I liked the most "borrowed" heavily from Korto's Olympic design.
    Honestly, I didn't see any real sign of gloating from her. She's snarky, sure, but I think the editing has expanded a bit to show she's also occasionally fairly sweet. I think she and Reco are just incompatible people, but they both seem to recognize each other's talent.

One thing I can't believe is that James-Paul's stupid Garbage Bags As Outfits got through. Come on judges. Reco's feather crap was dumb, sure, but it was just ONE dress.

As I fully expected from looking at Bravo.com, Anna's stuff beat all of the others hands down. So its not "cohesive"? Big deal. It's salable. Laugh all the way to the bank Anna and Bravo.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I honestly haven't watched this show too much but I saw part one of the finale. I think JP's clothes are just weird and I can't picture any normal woman wearing them. I like Daniella's collection but most of her designs were for young and very skinny women. Anna's collection was nice too, but some designer were boring. I think it will come down to the two women with Anna winning it. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3589071;
    I honestly haven't watched this show too much but I saw part one of the finale. I think JP's clothes are just weird and I can't picture any normal woman wearing them. I like Daniella's collection but most of her designs were for young and very skinny women. Anna's collection was nice too, but some designer were boring. I think it will come down to the two women with Anna winning it. JMO.
    I ageee

I also agree. I would wear almost all of Anna's clothes and a lot of Daniella's, though Anna's designs and colors are definitely more my style. I never found anything by James Paul, Reco, Johnny, or Merlin that I would wear. I think I remember one or two by Haven that I liked and I can't really remember the others.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123