+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7/16 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Re: 7/16 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

I voted for Anna and James Paul as well. I was disappointed in Reco's collection. For someone who has sewn so well throughout the show, it just seemed like many pieces looked kind of thrown together. The attention to detail just wasn't there. His signature piece coat seemed to me like it had issues (the seaming of the bodice darts, the beading on the lapel and belt, etc), though I loved the silhouette. There were parts I loved about Danielle's collection, but for everything I loved there was something I hated (Her skinny pants didn't fit her too skinny models right in the crotch). Yes she deserves to be final 3, but I'm not going to vote for her.

I loved Anna's collection, but I think that perhaps she might have been better off not saying her inspiration was "The Garden of Earthly Delights" and just said that is was her experience on the show. I actually like the idea that she worked off from and expanded on ideas she had used on the show. It was innovative yet very wearable. And it was fun.

That said, I hope that James Paul wins. Yes, his point of view is more avant garde, but it was impeccably detailed, exquisitely fitted (his skinny pants, in silk charmeuse no less, were perfect). It looked very luxurious. He is going to make it, if not on this show, then on his own.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

FORT Fogey

I saw Anya (Daniela's collection) and Bianca (James-Paul's) from ANTM and Shannon (Reco's) from MMAS. Anyway, I loved Daniela's collection the most and will probably vote for her. Yes, she was somewhat seemingly gloating over Reco's misfortune (I too was happy that Reco's horrendous taste was evident in his final collection), but as Glenda Bailey said that it was not a popularity contest (well, actually it is because the MASS gets to put their 2 cents in) I would vote for the most fashion forward wearability-wise (otherwise James-Paul's a shoo-in) and what is IN and what every fashionable folk would want to add to their accouturement(spell-check, please). Since the start I have loved Daniela's taste. And when I saw the collections, I knew right away that Reco was getting eliminated because his collection pales (leaps and bounds) to the other's. And when they were asking the audience who they liked, the one that liked Reco's was Terasha from RHONJ, and she liked the feather duster gown to boot. Gawsh!!!

Bravo just wanted to really kill this show, and this might have been the coup de grace. I am not saying Reco didn't deserve to go. It is a matter of taste. However, the premise of the show is that you are looking for somebody that does ready to wear clothes, and James Paul fails miserably in that regard, and failed throughout the whole show. His stuff is purely conceptual and not pretty at all. It is incredibly well made and complex, but who wants clothes you need instructions to put on? And that "Blade Runner" bag lady stuff was done much better (and, to paraphrase Betsey Johnson, in a much more life affirming way) in the movie "Pret a Porter." It is obvious they want Anna to win, and given that Reco dropped the ball, that might be the best choice left. I have a feeling Reco would have won if he had stayed, and the judges were not comfortable with that possibility. That is fine, but changing the rules at the last minute is not going to make this show a lot of fans. They certainly lost one in me. I would love for James-Paul to win to see Bravo trying to adapt and sell those glorified garbage bags.

old cow

I am truly FLOORED that Reco didn't make it into the top 3! Yea his collection had some problems but still....

With that, my votes are going towards J.P. and Anna. I simply can not stand Daniella and I know this isn't fair but idc if she has the most beautiful collection out there, her attitude last night was so disgusting and diplorable that I just can't put my votes towards her.

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3581030;
    I would love for James-Paul to win to see Bravo trying to adapt and sell those glorified garbage bags.
    That's why I threw every one of my votes in his direction.

FORT Fogey

My votes went to Anna - loved that initial dress - I can see so many people wearing that TODAY. i didn't mind that there wasn't a thread that tied then together, they were all colorful, fun and wearable, that ties them together in my book.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3581030;
    Bravo just wanted to really kill this show, and this might have been the coup de grace. I am not saying Reco didn't deserve to go. It is a matter of taste. However, the premise of the show is that you are looking for somebody that does ready to wear clothes, and James Paul fails miserably in that regard, and failed throughout the whole show. His stuff is purely conceptual and not pretty at all.
    You've summed up my problem with the decision to boot Reco and keep James-Paul as well as keeping James-Paul in the last several challenges (especially the one where Merlin lost). The intro of the show talks about "real fashion" for "real people" and they have focused on saleability and marketing. James-Paul's collection didn't have a whole lot of "real people" appeal going on. Yes, his garments were constructed very well, but his overly complicated designs belong more in a more couture challenge, not ready to wear. Even then, if he were on PR, I'd think he'd get the criticism that his garments are too busy in shape-shifter detail.

I really didn't like Anna's collection. For one, she really didn't give us anything new, just what she did on the show. Two, I noticed that her dresses kept bunching up around the upper thigh and stomach area. Also, what 40 year old or any woman would want a big bow going across her butt area and that rainbow dress was definately from The Charlie's Angels show. She should have gone home in my book.

Danniela's collection came from the 80's Top Gun movie collection. I didn't see anything I would buy out of that collection, because I already had it.....back in the 80's when I was into Duran Duran and Men at Work. I really don't like this girl's attitude. Too much like Kennly from PR.

James Paul was the best to me. Kooky yes, but soo him and different. I voted for him.

I loved all of Reco's but one and that was the dress/shirt that the model kept pulling down. But don't worry Reco, Lady Gaga or Kim Kardashian would buy it and wear it proud. That wedding dress was to die for. It was soo one of a kind and that black suit was to drop dead hot! Oh yeah and the blue coat....just lovely.

If this show is to survive another season, then they need better judges. Get rid of the Fern lady who reminds me Mr. T with all that jewelry that she wears and that lady from the magazine with the cracking voice.

After watching all season I missed the vote! Looks like it's too late to vote online too
    Daniela's designs looked very 80s. James Paul's are interesting. I would have voted for Anna. I liked the knit dress. I wonder if she kept in touch with Daniela and "called" navy, because that was D.'s signature color throughout the show but she replaced it with that ugly green in her collection.
    All Daniela's colors reminded me of the ugly "jewel tone" craze of about 15 years ago. Why do she and the Dallas girl keep doing 80s-ish flashbacks? At least the Dallas girl knows it, whereas Daniela seems to think everything she is doing is "modern." Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3581977;
    I really don't like (Daniela)'s attitude. Too much like Kennly from PR.
    I kept thinking Daniela lived on a fishing boat or whatever it was that Kenley had told us, then realizing I had D. confused with that girl on PR! Yes, Kenley was her name! Daniela's voice isn't quite so annoying as Kenley's, but she rubbed me the wrong way at the beginning of the show and I never got over it.
    Last edited by Harvest; 07-17-2009 at 05:27 PM.

I found Anna's to be the most wearable and the line I would be most likely to purchase but it did lack some cohesion. I do think Reco deserved to stay over JP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast