+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 7/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 7/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3564737;
    Oh, I think with some retooling the show will be fine since its emphasis is on "ready to wear."
    I like that it sets itself apart from PR by focusing on RTW, but in order for that to come across to viewers who aren't in the business, they need hosts who aren't pop stars or catty, bitchy high fashion designers. They need more people like Tim Gunn, industry professionals who aren't name-recognized designers or celebrities. Those are what guest judges are for.

It bugs me that they expect the designers to crank out ready-to-wear looks meeting wacky challenge requirements without any mentoring. I think they were afraid of looking too much like PR so they forced the rules the other way. Hopefully if they get a second season, they can relax and make things less illogical, and maybe cast fewer "characters".

I mean really, was J-P ever going to be a RTW designer?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kao

I really think that JP and Merlin were cast on the wrong show. They are more PR material than TFS.

Issac is being used in the wrong place; his personality is so strong that it overpowers the judges. He should still host, but instead of being a judge he should take the mentor role instead. The week that he worked with everyone was a definite highlight because he was serious business, the contestants liked the challenge, and both Johnny and Merlin (who won the min-challenge and got more one on one time with him) said that the feedback and instruction they got from him was excellent. They should get rid of Kelly and bring on Veronica Webb as a judge, keep Fern and get another judge who is a buyer for a high-profile store that can give feedback on what stores look for when they're buying and what they don't. So you'll have 3 main judges and a guest judge

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3565821;
    I really think that JP and Merlin were cast on the wrong show. They are more PR material than TFS.
    I agree. Neither one of them do ready-to-wear. The one time Merlin did, they hated it (I thought it was cute and all he needed to do was to tone down the knee area).

JP needs to, IMHO, to learn how to better drape his fabric. That will make his designs look more crisp and less diaperish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234