+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 7/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I am not a fan of Merlin's; he doesn't like women, and he doesn't hide it very well. The guy just chafes me the wrong way.

I anticipated Reco doing a good job in this draping challenge, but I didn't anticipate the girls coming on like gangbusters!! Their creations were gorgeous. I knew that the gray was either going to be a hot mess or to absolutely to die for...and I loved it! And I didn't think that the floral pattern would work as well as it did. I love gorgeous florals. Her vision was wonderful.

I thought that JP's creation looked tired but, with some tweaking, had some potential.

I was glad to see Johnny's hateful butt given the boot. His dress looked like a big shedded snake skin that had been left behind; also hated the shoes. I don't know why those shoes are so popular these days, but they are not particularly attractive. And his problems are everybody's fault but his. Wah!

I think Reco will do well when he creates his collection. He's a tall drink best served up alone. Reco is in strong company and competition going up against Daniella and the other chick. All three of these competitors are forces to be reckoned with!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just simply adored Reco's dress. Very flowing, detailed and like Kelly said, she would wear it. It was red carpet ready. I also loved Anna's dress because it was unique, but I think the reason why she didn't win is because it would be hard to duplicate and sell on the website. If you look at Daniella's dress on the website, it looks totally cheaply made. JP dress was beautiful but made with the wrong fabric. If he had of use a lighter black material it would have won hands down, because the concept was beautiful. Johnny was a joke from the beginning. There is something about the older female judge that irks me to no avail. One thing is that she keeps condicting herself and another is that she wears way to much jewlery with her outifts. Sort of like Mr. T with pearls. Replace her with Veronica Webb.

Kao

I enjoyed last night's episode so much I watched it twice, then rewatched the last 15 minutes a few times just to catch facial expressions and remarks. Delicious. So much good in this episode!

- We got to actually see more of the contestants constructing the designs and their thought process.

- Evillina hitting it out of the park with that beautiful gray dress. Not only was the back stunning, but she picked a shade of gray that complements all skin tones. It was a wonderful, wonderful dress, and even Bravo didn' t riun the ready to wear version on their sites. So congrats, Evillina!

- Anna's dress was beautiful too, and unlike her garment last week one can honestly imagine sitting in it. Working with prints is hard and it seems like she has a knack for it. So, congrats, Anna!

- Oh Reco. Last night was NOT the time to go Stripperella. That dress was such a gamble. However, it was still a fun, youthful dress, and I could definitely see someone wearing it to the MTV or Teen Choice Awards. He's a very talented designer though, and most of his missteps have been through ignorance since he got his degree in something completely different than Fashion Design. Once he gets exposed to more fashion history and fundamentals he will be unstoppable, and I would have been angry if he didn't make it to the Final Four. Congrats, Reco!

- I like JP. I liked the dress he made last night; but velvet is a very heavy fabric and he made it look heavier. It was still beautifully done and I liked his crystal treatment the best. Also, he sounded disturbingly sexy on the phone telling Kelly that he would "dress up for her." Who knew? Yum! So congrats, JP!

Talentwise, I really like everyone in this final four. Any one of these contestants can take the win and I'll be happy. As for the rest of the show, I liked seeing the former contestants return (yay, Chicken Diva!). And this exchange was priceless:

Idiot: Hey, I've never, you know, designed a evening gown before. I was supposed to line it in silk...right?
    Angel: *small pause* ummm...uh huh!

I think one of the reasons why I enjoyed Johnny Samurai's comeuppance so much last night was because he was so, so unbelievably vile and vicious. He made Evillina look like Mary Poppins last night. Let's be honest here; we've seen enough of Angel's time management skills to know why the other designers didn't want to use her, but unlike the classy JP (who tactfully said that while Angel was his friend, Merlin understood this design process better) he went out of his way to humiliate her. His meanness...his [i]smallness[i] was in full effect though the whole episode from beginning to end. He deliberately knocked off Maggie's dress, even naming the designer. He made enough changes that he might had gotten away with it had he just used another fabric but HEY! the Idiot King had to make it look...as knock-offy as possible!

My guess is that the poor production assistant who has to go through the hours of footage immediately notified the producers once they say that little tidbit. And watching Fern, Issac and the guest judge set up a killing box for him on that stage was one of the most satisfying things I've seen on reality television. Everything from the guest judge's pumping him up before going in for the kill to Issac giving him enough rope to hang himself before producing the incriminating picture with a "Taa daa!" expression was brilliant; you could see that little weasel's expression go from being happy at the judges praise, to trapped, to "Oh crap, how do I get out of this" to clumsily falling out of one lie after another. It was great.

Anna's response backstage was pretty telling; I think she might have had some suspicions about that dress to begin with (that she kept to herself and was probably struggling with) but she didn't want to think such a thing about her friend, even brushing off his jokes about ripping off other designers during the competition. But as Reco pointed out, sometimes there's truth to jokes. And when this failed human being then tried to shift the blame completely to Angel even Evillina looked disgusted. His complete disregard for the truth, his lies, his..ugh! I hope any of his "investors" watching the show decide to put their money elsewhere.

Looking forward to the last two shows!
    Last edited by Kao; 07-10-2009 at 04:30 PM.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who was overjoyed to see " Johnny go marching home".
    What in the heck is always on his head? I thought it was his hair but then last night I could have sworn I saw him plop something on it? Of course I was tired and my eyesight ain't what she used to be so...please help. He had more excuses than any child I work with at school. Geezooey!!!!!! If he was Pinnochio his nose would have filled the room with all the "stories" he had about his dress not really being a knock off. I don't know if it is because there is less of them, but it did seem like we got to see where their designs came from(in Johnny's case...another designer):nono. I too hope that if the show comes back, they consider personality, design ethic and raw talent. The show kind of dragged at times but that's just me.
    "Lucy...you got some splainin' to do." Ricky Ricardo

Johnny proved to be a disgusting little weasel last night. First, he did not want Angel as his partner and clearly indicated it to her and everyone else around (do you have any social skills or tact you idiot?). Then, he needed Angel's help because he has never done an evening gown. Then, Angel may have been sabotaging him. Then, Angel was not helping him enough. Angel, apparently, is just a big ol' meanie.

Before he got called out for his thievery Johnny maintained that Angel did not offer a lot of input even thought he was open to it, but it didn't matter because HE got his dress out and was proud of it! But, when he got called out for his knock-off design, it seems that Angel did play a major role in the dress, mostly by NOT telling johnny that he has copied another designer (although, since johnny had said: this was done by lanvil and MG wore it, perhaps Angel thought that would be a bit redundant?).
    LOGICAL CONCLUSIONS (in the warped world of johnny):
    So, in the end, this is all Angel's fault. Right Johnny?
    What a piece of crap you are!

Kao

It gets worse.

Apparently Angel was doing live-tweets during the show on Thursday and she stated that she made the patterns AND did the majority of the sewing, per his instructions.

So apparently she's "good enough" to do all of the gruntwork, and "good enough to blame" when the chips are down, but not good enough to give due credit to? What a sorry excuse for a human being.
    Last edited by Kao; 07-11-2009 at 02:59 PM.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3561701;
    It gets worse.

Apparently Angel was doing live-tweets during the show on Thursday and she stated that she made the patterns AND did the majority of the sewing, per his instructions.

So apparently she's "good enough" to do all of the gruntwork, and "good enough to blame" when the chips are down, but not good enough to give due credit to? What a sorry excuse for a human being.
    OMG Are You SERIOUS?! What a turd!

Poor Angel she shouldnt have gotten stuck with that pig
    Last edited by Marleybone; 07-12-2009 at 12:52 PM.

old cow

From the always funny Tom & Lorenzo on our good buddy Johnny....

Check out their entire blog on TFS; it is soooo HILARIOUS

Tom and Lorenzo/Former Project Rungay Blog

"And let's all bid a long overdue goodbye to this sour queen. Long ago, we'd decided we'd had enough of him and his bitchy comments about other designers used to cover up his insecurities about his own skills. "I don't do pretty." Give us a [mod edit] break. The list of things you haughtily proclaimed you don't do during this competition is about a mile longer than the tiny list of thing you apparently can do.......He was so clearly shocked by the judges' reaction that we doubt he ever even considered what he was doing wrong, or at the very least, a dumb idea in a design competition. Johnny doesn't do pretty, or sewing, or even designing, and that's all perfectly acceptable to him."
    Last edited by Marleybone; 07-12-2009 at 12:55 PM.

FORT Regular

I said it before and I'll say it again, this is the least talented group of designers since Bravo started "Project Runway". This was their big "draping" challenge and not one of them was able to turn out competent, clever, artistic designs. Anyone remember Remi. His draping was absolutely masterful.) Johnny (and others) can't even sew their garments together (remember the safety pins holding one of the early designs together.) People rip off other designers, Johnny last night but it has happened before where one of the male designers stole ideas from one of the gals, and the nasty contestant last year stole the feathered wedding dress design. If Bravo thinks it is going to compete with the new Project Runway with weak designers and two hosts who besides being obnoxious and arrogant, they have another think coming. I see a nice future for PR and one more year for "The Fashion Show"

Kao

Oh, I think with some retooling the show will be fine since its emphasis is on "ready to wear."

One of the things they should definitely do next season (if there is a next season) is to have the semi contestants do mini-challenges to determine the finalists (a la ANTM). It's very apparent that some of these designers came on this show purely to raise their profile and either didn't learn the fundamentals to begin with, or are very rusty because they manage other designers/sketch the designs and hire the talent out. Looking at their portfolios merely show what work they have their names attached to; it's not an indicator of actual skill. Johnny "claims" that he explained to the producers that he didn't have great sewing skills and they assured him it was okay, but considering how it's Johnny I seriously doubt that. Then again, to paraphrase Reco, "There's way too many people on this show calling themselves designers that can't do the most simple tasks." Okay, some things are an art in themeselves (like zippers, finishing, etc) but there are certain things that are just...fundamental. How is it the self-taught people know these things, while those with more resources don't? Unreal.

Plus, we would get to see a great first show where Issac weeds out all of the pretenders. Bye Bye Darling!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast