+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

old cow

7/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Hey i didnt want any of you guys to miss it. Tonight instead of Thursday, Bravo is airing the new episode of TFS. I think its called "It's in the cards" or something like that. From the previews shown on bravos website it looks like it will be a good one.

Edit Note: Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Get out your crystal balls!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 07-01-2009 at 10:55 PM.

Re: New Episode Tonite!

Thank you, my dvr picked it up but I feel better now that I've checked ... !!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: 7/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Yes, just to confirm, a new episode of Fashion Show just started on Bravo, and there is no new Top Chef Masters this week.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Johnny picked a traveling card --- foreshadowing that he is going home? I hope, I hope!

OK, here's what bugs me about this show -- the actual Fashion Show itself always begins abruptly, with no intro. And it's always rushed, and over in about a minute. Also, only the top 2 and bottom 2 garments are discussed. So many looks are gone in a flash and forgotten, you never get a sense of what these designers are actually doing!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

What in the name of all things holy is Merlin wearing on the runway?

That said, James-Paul's is worse than Merlin's. The jacket shape is at least kind of cute.

I am so sad that Merlin got sent packing .

Oh Merlin, you cannot stomp out in a huff while wearing a winsome maiden skirt. I cannot believe Johnny is still there. He's like a roach. Reco's design was great, not too overly complicated, but something about it reminds me of the cover of Janet Jackson's "Control." Anna's design was very couture. I can't see anybody in the real world wearing something like that, but it was pretty, colorful and whimsical. Everybody is so focused on the Daniella and Reco show, that she tends to get overlooked, but she seems to have come into her own in the last couple of episodes. I have to say though, that talented as she is, she is boring television.

I understand the decision of keeping James Paul as the most creative designer. When confronted with the choice between creative and poorly made and well made and boring, these shows always go for creative. However, James Paul only seems to be able to do one type of thing, and I don't think that is going to change. There seems to be a streak of stubbornness under that soft voice and that lost Tinkerbell look. I still hope he makes it to the final four, because otherwise it seems to be Johnny for that slot, and that would be the biggest blunder (among so many others) made by this show.

Is anybody watching this show anymore? I still think it's got potential, but Bravo seems to have given up on it and on any kind of programming where talent is emphasized. The whole network seems to be morphing into styles of the rich and vapid and revolting all the time. "Top Chef" is one of the few lights they have left.
    Last edited by busilis32; 07-02-2009 at 09:35 AM.

I am surprised that they sent Merlin away ... I did not understand/like the shoulder bags on JP's "creation". Just ewwwwww.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

old cow

Whaaaaaaaaaat?! Merlin got sent home?! OH NO! I havent seen the episode yet but ive got it recorded so i'll watch it when i get home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast