+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 7/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I just loved that sweatsuit concept because I travel internationally a lot and believe me, scrunching up in coach and trying to find a place for BOTH legs isn't easy. I'm glad to hear some of you liked it as well. I'm actually having my sister make something similar for my next 21 hour flight to Africa.

As re this show in general...............not a replacement for PR in any stretch of the imagination.

I thought the bottom two should have been JP and Daniella. I could kinda see the bussle idea in JP's dress, but it was not executed well and the shoulders just looked ridiculous. He has done a lot of outfits now with this weird bagging/floppy shape around the hips/behind and it never looks flattering. Daniella's top was hideous. That whole see-thru-top-exposing-the-undergarments look is so early 1990's and is not a trend that should be resurrected!!

Sorry to see Merlin go. He was growing on me, but I did think his reaction to the elimination was not so classy. The only part of his outfit that I really disliked was the knees of the pants. If they had been plain crops they would have been quite cute.

I thought Anna's dress was interesting and it definitely was more in-line with her reading, but no mention was made that it was rather impractical. They have been emphasizing "saleability" so much through the show that I thought Reco's might have won. It was hot and I think more "real" people would have bought it.

I was ready for Johnny to leave a long time ago and I really really really hope he goes next week.

I think Isaac is so wrong for this show. The idea is to find a winning designer who can start selling clothes right off the bat, which is what sets TFS apart from PR, which is more creative/nurturing towards its designers and their future careers.

J-P is immature and defiantly impractical, and designs clothes as abstract art pieces. He has absolutely no interest in designing for a woman's body ( I daresay he has a fear of them, the way he reacted initially to designing for an "everyday woman"). So when Isaac decides to let Merlin go, and keeps holding on to someone like J-P and calling him a "genius", Isaac seems to be working against the stated purpose of the show. Something is really wrong about that.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3539290;
    Is anybody watching this show anymore? I still think it's got potential, but Bravo seems to have given up on it and on any kind of programming where talent is emphasized. The whole network seems to be morphing into styles of the rich and vapid and revolting all the time. "Top Chef" is one of the few lights they have left.

Thank you for speaking for me. I used to LOVE Bravo -- frankly its one of the few channels I watch anymore. But all of the good stuff is gone (literally) or gone to h-e-double hockey sticks by way of bad quality. This show has hope with a new co-host like Veronica Webb [is that her name???]. She was a guest judge and gave some spot on, industry, specific critique that was useful. Unlike Kelly who says "what happened here?" or something like that. I like the constructive criticism give by Tim Gunn in lieu of the ugly face Isaac gives. Thanks for the comment. I thought it was great.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3542369;
    I don't recall Tom's ever offering advice per se.

I hate the way Isaac waltzes into the workroom on this show and them grimaces or rolls his eyes. He reminds me of a very insecure middle school kid who tries to shore up his own ego by belittling other people. Given his professional success, he should be able to afford therapy and get over himself! Yes, they need a good, mature mentor. I miss Tim Gunn!

Again, your's is another comment that speaks for me! Isaac is judging not giving any kind of constructive advice/criticism.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I agree that John Paul should have been sent home instead of Merlin.
    I don't think JP has designed anything that looks good on a woman yet.
    I'll miss Merlin's comments: "come on b*tches!" lol he was funny/entertaining. What a character!
    I can see that he was totally out of place in the country where he grew up.
    Good luck Merlin!

FORT Newbie

Merlin was robbed. :nono

Merlin was right on when he criticized the judging panel. He really hit the nail on the head. But I'm afraid the judges probably won't take criticism too well. This show is doomed with this panel of judges.

I agree about the judges, especially host/hostess. Host may be a star in his own world, but he's not in mine. Not impressed.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

TLo gave a great critque of the show and offered advice on how to make the show better....they were dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by tousselchick;3554310;
    TLo gave a great critque of the show and offered advice on how to make the show better....they were dead on.
    Pardon my ignorance, but what does TLo stand for?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast