+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 7/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Valid point, Kao. I hadn't thought of that. So what this show needs is a mentor then and not have the judges walking in. There is no good reason for them to do that if they aren't going to be offering advice.

I can't remember, does Tom over on Top Chef offer advice? He's a judge and he also is in there with them when they are cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3541857;
    Valid point, Kao. I hadn't thought of that. So what this show needs is a mentor then and not have the judges walking in. There is no good reason for them to do that if they aren't going to be offering advice.

I can't remember, does Tom over on Top Chef offer advice? He's a judge and he also is in there with them when they are cooking.
    I don't recall Tom's ever offering advice per se.

I hate the way Isaac waltzes into the workroom on this show and them grimaces or rolls his eyes. He reminds me of a very insecure middle school kid who tries to shore up his own ego by belittling other people. Given his professional success, he should be able to afford therapy and get over himself! Yes, they need a good, mature mentor. I miss Tim Gunn!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3542369;
    Given his professional success, he should be able to afford therapy and get over himself!
    Maybe he needs another visit to his personal psychic!

Who will look into her crystal ball and say "You are a mean spirited little man who will be ridiculed by the masses after doing this show."

I do think you are onto something, Harvest, he seems to make the ugliest faces for the designs that are the best. Remember what he did to Merlin? Made the poor man cry because he was doubting himself so much after Isaac's comments/visit and then we hear Isaac saying in the hall that he actually loved the design. That's about when I got over any sort of warm fuzzy feeling I may have had for Isaac in the beginning of this show.

I remember he also had a nasty face over Daniella's design when she won her contest. The only one he didn't do that to was Reco and the recent pant suit. Interesting, isn't it?

I just had a thought. Many of us thought that Merlin shouldn't have gone home over J-P. Do you think it had something to with the tarot readings? Since the card said that Merlin would be taking a trip, Isaac could have argued for him to go home because he believed it was "in the cards." I can see him doing something that ridiculous (it having nothing to do with the actual design and everything to do with some fortune reading).

old cow

I just had a thought. Many of us thought that Merlin shouldn't have gone home over J-P. Do you think it had something to with the tarot readings? Since the card said that Merlin would be taking a trip, Isaac could have argued for him to go home because he believed it was "in the cards." I can see him doing something that ridiculous (it having nothing to do with the actual design and everything to do with some fortune reading).
    Well i stand corrected! Im glad to see so many have come out to support Merlin I totally agree J.P. should have gone over him. I just don't understand his designs. Why put a big, puff, drapey piece on the one part of a woman's body that 90% of America would want to hide.

FORT Fogey

I finally caught up with the marathon a few days back and I also agree that Merlin should not have been sent home. The travel outfit was stylish and well made and cute. The only problem I had was that he did use the sweatshirt grey with the yellow. The yellow was very striking and the grey too work out looking...but the details were lovely on both pieces

FORT Newbie

This show is so tacky but I just have to watch it. That way I will be even more appreciative when Project Runway returns.

MizRo is just plain mean too. I can't stand her. They desperately need a Tim Gunn but perhaps so self respecting TG would walk on this cheap set.

UGH

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3542877;
    I finally caught up with the marathon a few days back and I also agree that Merlin should not have been sent home. The travel outfit was stylish and well made and cute. The only problem I had was that he did use the sweatshirt grey with the yellow. The yellow was very striking and the grey too work out looking...but the details were lovely on both pieces
    For some reason I liked Merlin's travel outfit. The jacket was beautiful! I agree with the judges the sweatpants may not have fit every body type, but it was an adorable twist on a very comfortable traveling outfit! The back of the sweatpants were fab!

FORT Fogey

The "some reason" is that it was adorable. Their excuse for the sweatpants was just lame. Like all outfits look good on all body types.??...especially that fluff-o on the rear end of JP's dress...that would be SO lovely on everybody LOL

Kao

I really wish Bravo would stop ruining the winner's designs. Anna's dress was reproduced horribly.

I think if it were entirely up to the judges, nether JP or Merlin would have been in the bottom two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast