+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 7/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

old cow

Re: 7/01 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3539290;
    Is anybody watching this show anymore? I still think it's got potential, but Bravo seems to have given up on it and on any kind of programming where talent is emphasized. The whole network seems to be morphing into styles of the rich and vapid and revolting all the time. "Top Chef" is one of the few lights they have left.
    Yea i still watch it. The Bio channel was doing an ep. on Johnny Depp last nite so i just had to watch that & i just recorded this show. Yea it does have potential its just shame my fav desinger is gone poor Merlin.

Hey does anyone know if we still get to vote for our fav. designer? If we do he's got my vote.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3538911;
    I am so sad that Merlin got sent packing .
    Me too! I think you & I Kat were the only ones that liked him.

I liked Merlin too. After that first episode, he turned out to be one of the best things in that show. Him and Reco tell it like it is. people get on Reco because he is always saying how fabulous he is, but the other ones think the same, especially that nightmare woman Danielle. And when Merlin was talking about his background everything I thought of him got confirmed. He's had a hard road getting where he is, and he deserves a lot of props. I also like how he told Johnny off right to his face. It's too bad he never was consistent enough.

FORT Newbie

I'm sorry Merlin got bagged. I think his outfit looked pretty good on the model whether there was too much going on or not. I actually liked the pants. They would be comfortable for exercise. JP's just did not look attractive on the model and looked poorly constructed. I get that he has a signature style, but that outfit was bad. I think I would have sent him home over Merlin just b/c he seems to do the same thing over and over.

Merlin's skirt was just too much. Why was he wearing that?

Kay

Kao

One of the hugest mistakes on this show is that the audience votes for the top and lowest 2 designs, and that people who deserve to have those slots are overlooked. This is what happened last night, and Chicken Diva went home. I loved his little jacket, and the pants (while odd) were really, really well made. If he bagged the knee treatment and just had the same styling but more of a bell-bottomly style it would have went over very well.

My pick for bottom 3 would easily be Evilina, JP and Deputy Dog, with Evilina going home. There was nothing fashion forward about that mess she made and worse of all, she revisited a design she made weeks ago! Also, lol@ her getting upset because Merlin only hugged Reco and JP before he left; we've all seen footage of Reco and the Chicken trying to huge her/include her in things, only to get that sulky look we all know and hate so well. I remember the first week when a happy Merlin (willing to acknowledge her role in winning) seeing her standing outside the group and pulling her in for a group hug. I also remember her response. Honestly, was she even surprised?

As rude as it might have been, I completely enjoyed Chicken Diva telling Johnny off before he left because every single word was warranted. He doesn't want to be there, he simply slaps up crap and calls it designing and he doesn't hesitate to rip in other people's designs. Danielle...is just not a happy person. And it shows; she's poison. I don't think it's by accident that Reco, JP, Angel and Chicken went out of their way to avoid her after a while. The only person I like "on the other side" is Anna. She's very talented and with the exception of last week tries to stay free of drama.
    Last edited by Kao; 07-02-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Suprised that Merlin was the one sent home. I didn't expect him to win the big prize, but I thought he'd be top three.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I liked Merlin's design. It was cute. I wish he would have listened to the judges and given an indication that he could see a different point and still keep his vision. JP was saved, IMHO, because he seemed to listen. HATED Danielle's design (her's was that awful see-through top and skirt, right?) Ugh. So dated and not sexy.

You could tell the judges did not like who the audience picked as the bottom two. Just from those two designs, JP should have gone. And I liked JP's couple of first designs. I just wish he would cut back on the droopiness of his designs and learn how to drape better.

Ricco's pant suit was so cute. Loved it. And once the top was done, the "vagina dress" was actually nice!

Johnny should have gone awhile ago. Don't like Danielle's 'tude, and her talent does not match to the 'tude enough to balance out. She should have been in the bottom. Boring is worse than tried something new and failed.

FORT Fogey

Evilina. That's perfect. lol I swear if she smiled her face would crack. She's horrible. Her outfit was a repeat. She should have been in the bottom.

Merlin's was a little odd but it wasn't terrible and parts of it were cute. JP's was ugly but overall he's done beautiful work and he's interesting so I wasn't surprised he stayed over Merlin.

I hope Reco wins just to tick Evilina off. And Anna is also getting on my last nerve now too.

They had a marathon of this show yesterday on Bravo so I guess they haven't completely given up on it. I pretty much have and only watched the latest episode because Bravo was finally actually on (it keeps losing signal) and I had nothing else to watch while waiting for the show I wanted to watch.

John-Paul should have gone home. That was a hideous dress and actually other than the very bottom of Merlin's outfit? I didn't think it was that bad, especially compared to the droopy diaper dress that made the model look pregnant.

This is just not a very likable cast of contestants. Honestly? There isn't a one of them that I want to win because they had all shown personality traits or lack of design ability that makes me not want them to win.

AND I'm so over the host/hostess. They are just nasty, why can't they actually give constructive comments instead of always giving the stank face? I want to smack Isaac every time he makes that face when looking at a design and doesn't tell them what he thinks would help. He makes me miss Tim so much!

Kao

I don't think they are allowed to give any sort of feedback until the fashion show is over because they are judges. A contestant can easily make the claim that more direction was given to favorites and I'm sure they want to avoid that. I think it's hard for Issac and Kelly too because I've seen them try to hint when someone is obviously failing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast