+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Six Collections - Photos at BravoTV.com (SPOILERS)

old cow

Re: Final Six Collections - Photos at BravoTV.com (SPOILERS)

In case Bravo is reading this.....the show is too dark and gloomy and get rid of the corridor gossip-fests. The contestants don't even look like they are enjoying the experience....why should the viewer?

I like everything else - the addition of an audience with fashion experts, Isaac, Kelly, Fern, and a guest judge, but it seeps doom and gloom. Not fun. Please change. I'm not sure if I'll watch Project Runway or not (o.k. I probably will), but I can do with two such shows so I hope the Fashion Show sticks around
    I second that!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I finally got around to looking at these collections. (Thanks MFW for posing the link. ) As many have said, Anna's and Reco's are the best. Daniella's collection looked to me like the wardrobe options for a mid-to-late 80's Duran Duran video shoot. James-Paul's were an unwearable mess and Merlin, god love that weird little man, did not make anything remotely saleable to the average woman but he definitely has some craftsmanship skills.

FORT Fogey

I haven't looked at the collections so this is completely off base, but I want Reco to win - for lots of reasons that don't have much to do with fashion but also because I'd like to see more of his work.

When I think about whose designs I'd want to see most after the show concludes, its Reco (even though I adore Anna, Merlin, and JP). All the rest = snoozefests.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-06-2009 at 05:17 AM.

Daniella has bothered me since the beginning of the show, I see nothing original in her designs. I'm hoping Reco can pull it together, though frankly, I think ANY of these particular contestants are going to find it rough going in the real fashion world. Is it just me, or is the skill level much less advanced than the recent PR's?

All that said, there is room in my life for two such shows, I just really prefer Heidi's "auf wiedersehen" to "bye dahling". If I were producing TFS, I'd get all the final runners up from PR to perform in this new format and see what happens Or am just longing to see more of Laura's beading?

I only liked Reco's and Ann's. Johnny's were way too short and barely covered the butt area. James Paul, looked to boxy and way confusing. Does he even know how to form fit a dress? They never seems to fit. Merline's.....what the heck was that? Daniella's were too dark. Ever sense they told her that the black and navy looked good, she just seem to run with it. I hope Reco wins.

Did anyone see the promo were IM called out someone on giving them a knock off? I wonder who it was???? I know I've seen the feathers garment that Reco did being done before. I sure hope it's not him...

FORT Newbie

I'll have to go check-out the collections, but from watching the rest of the season, I'm not surprised that many people favor Anna and Reco's collections. They're the 2 most consistent, imo.

What I HATE about this show compared to Project Runway is that the contestants have horrid sewing and construction abilities (or disabilities). It's like The Fashion Show got all of Project Runway's rejects. Also, Tim Gunn actually gives constructive advice unlike Isaac and Kelly who wander around and say meaninglessness. The team challenges at the beginning really bogged down the creative juices of the designers, too, I think. But, I'm still watching, so it isn't all bad!

So, I followed MFW's link above, but I didn't see anything that said anything about finale collections...Has it been THAT long of a day that I missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3575544;
    So, I followed MFW's link above, but I didn't see anything that said anything about finale collections...Has it been THAT long of a day that I missed it?
    Looks like they moved things around, since they've started the fan vote to determine the winner.

Try this: The Fashion Show - Finale Countdown - Bravo TV Official Site
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'm not sure I believe that this show has gotten all of Project Runways rejects. I think that like most new reality shows it needs to air at least one season before the talent level goes up. They have to work out all the kinks. If they reassign Isaac next season, make him a mentor or something, and get rid of Kelly. I'll watch it again. Right now? I cannot tolerate another season with those two, they are just completely disgusting.

Anyways, I think for those who stick around next season they'll see better talent and hopefully this show will find its footing and realize that needs to focus on the Ready To Wear angle to set it apart from Project Runway. I loved the idea somebody posted of having buyers from major chains sitting in as guest judges or even a permanent judge. These are the people who know if something can sell or not and that should be the focus of this show. Let Project Runway go with the concept pieces and this one focus on things that get sold.

Looking at the collections now:

Reco: UGH! What is that mess? It all looks so cheap and tacky. Gold lame as accents? Seriously? And most of it looks like it doesn't fit the models properly. I like the red evening gown, till I looked at the top. It's just not constructed well. I wouldn't wear anything he showed. Then we get the feather duster duo. The feathered dress and the one that follows both look like feather dusters. Guess he was cleaning when he got the inspiration for those looks. At least the white one is fitted well. I'm disappointed. I expected so much more from him.

Anna: First off, she looks adorable in her little dress. Anna is in this to win it. I loved that first outfit right off the bat and I'd wear it. In a different color, I'm not a pink kind of girl. There is some weird bunching going on with the floral print (2nd outfit) around the waist line. And then she sort of loses it after that. Did they not get to fit these outfits on their models? What is with all the bad fit? I'm not liking her color choices now. Ohmygoodness what is that pompom dress? The one that looks like three blue and green pompoms sewn together. That is awful. That's something I'd expect from James-Paul. Finally she brings it back. I loved the last two outfits. The cocktail dress was really good, I'd buy that. Loved the long evening gown and the burst of color on the back. She had about four outfits I thought were really good, the rest not at all.

Daniella: Tries for edgy and modern and gets gloomy. And yet more outfits that aren't fitted well at all. I'm not liking anything of hers yet. The one on page 6, I just don't know what to say about it. It's that bad. So she gets a comment in the last challenge about how they loved that neckline and she runs with it and makes most of her designs have some odd shapes going on. What was with all the sheer fabric? Overall a huge mess.

James-Paul: I'm not sure how I feel about his collection. Do I think it's what you'd see on a lot of runways? Yes, his more so than any of the others. Those are outfits that I see over on the In Style website where they put up the photos of runways. They are out there, concept pieces. Something that isn't meant to be worn but meant to be adapted into a RTW line. However, isn't the premise of this show RTW? I was a bit surprised by JP actually, I didn't think he'd do that good. I think his is the best of the lot. However, I didn't like anything he made because I'm not a big fan of his type of designs.

So....by default....Anna should win because at least she managed to make 4 outfits that I thought were really good and wearable. But if they are looking for a high end concept designer..than JP will take it.

Daniella and Reco took themselves right out of the competition with their really bad collections. By they, I mean the viewers. I'm just not sure which way this will all go. I think personalities will come into play as well.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 07-15-2009 at 08:32 PM.

This bothers me. It really does:

Thanks for the laff, Reco!

Then again, so does this:

Genius, "Shapes Boy" JP!

Feather duster or trash bag? Feather duster or trash bag? I just don't know which to pick!

Daniella's is marginally better, but a bit boring (I wouldn't be offended if she won, she just wasn't exactly shooting 3 pointers here...). Anna is the only one who seemed to understand that the brief was "wearable" not "make pretend high fashion". She seems to deserve this the most.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-16-2009 at 01:10 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast