+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3529623;
    Since the conversion to digital, even though I have DirecTv, I have had several stations "searching for sat signal" on a constant basis. I have to reboot the box over and over again. I'm not sure it's Bravo per say, but the actual signal from the company.

I have DIRECTV too. I am not having trouble getting Bravo so maybe it is your box that needs replacing. What a pain in the ass to reboot all the time. You have my sympathy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by busilis32;3527332;
    Yeah, but while I am not trying to defend Reco, I think you can tell by the way he talks that formal education doesn't seem to have been an important part of his upbringing. Merlin didn't know who Madame Gres was, and even though she is a forgotten figure to the general public, anyone who studies fashion knows her. I bet you Merlin and Reco have had a more difficult road to get to where they are than the rest of the designers. I know winning this means much more to Reco than the others (he still lives with his parents, and that cannot be easy). I think her need explains her background a bit. I hope he recovers. Can you imagine a finale with Danielle, Johnny and Anna?

For Reco and Merlin to have made it ON the show speaks volumes. Yeah, they are characters and make for good tv, but they would never have been cast if they couldn't produce quality work.

I agree that a certain level of understanding about design predecessors is essential, but I don't think designers should suffer if they don't know everything. I am interested in the "art" of the current designers. Plus, I want to see what's new - not what has been.

Still .... LOVE Coco Channel. Anna deserved the win (without the jacket).

Danielle is one of my favorites. They need to put the pictures of contestants up with their names.

So far two that I like are Danielle and the small guy with the big glasses.

Merlin is funny when he is talking about the female contestants. "They think they are so ...... delicious."

old cow

Ive been on vay-cay recently so i just got to watch this week's episode. IDK b/c idk that much about the icon designers mentioned & they showed their work so briefly i dont really know who should and should not have won but imo i think that J.P. design with the patterns and such should have won.

Still glad that Haven is gone! YAY! and happy Reco stayed. But i kinda figured he would.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

John Paul reminds me of Christian Siriano, but with less confidence.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123