+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 6/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3527284;
    I felt bad for Rico but I don't care about his excuse of not knowing about such iconic figures because he's self taught, etc, etc.

If you want to be taken serious about your craft you should make an effort to research your stuff. Libraries, magazines, the interweb, nowadays there is no excuse to say the information it's not within reach.

I agree that sewing is better than knowing, in the show. Outside, not so much.
    Yeah, but while I am not trying to defend Reco, I think you can tell by the way he talks that formal education doesn't seem to have been an important part of his upbringing. Merlin didn't know who Madame Gres was, and even though she is a forgotten figure to the general public, anyone who studies fashion knows her. I bet you Merlin and Reco have had a more difficult road to get to where they are than the rest of the designers. I know winning this means much more to Reco than the others (he still lives with his parents, and that cannot be easy). I think her need explains her background a bit. I hope he recovers. Can you imagine a finale with Danielle, Johnny and Anna?

FORT Fogey

It was obvious that they would keep Reco, knowing of his skill. How long can a fan of the 80's last? Haven's were numbered from the start.

Anna remains my favorite and it looks like she may go far.

I hated the drama making tactic of letting one contestant handicap the others. It is such a contrived way of trying to make things interesting. Project Runway keeps that to a minimum, and it is so much better that way. Most people tuning in to this show want just to appreciate the talent of the participants, not watch fake drama unfold.
    I like that part. It backfired, too, because Johnny won and the YLS fan went home. These shows could be pretty dry without a little drama inducing action.

It looked like Johnny was the other in the bottom two next week. They will probably keep Jean Paul with the same logic they used for Reco. It is clear he is skilled and capable of creating fabulous clothes.

I enjoy this show as I wait for Project Runway.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was glad to see Reco's humbling experience. He needed that. I do love him and what he does, but this couldn't do anything but make him a better person. His talent stands on its own merits.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This is not one of my favorite shows. I really dislike Isaac. But I am glad they mentioned Madame Gres. I had never heard of her, but enjoyed googling images. Her designs really were great.

Neurotic is the New Black Tximistarri's Avatar

I'm glad Reco's ignorance wasn't deemed as serious an offense as not knowing about hip-hop fashion. It probably was good for him to have to eat a slice of humble pie and admit to not knowing something -- something important, even. But he has mad talent and skills and when they showed the bottom two, the outcome was ridiculously obvious. It would have been a reality TV outrage to send him home.

Daniella is like Cruella De Ville...when she says "Thank you" when Kelly reads an audience member's comment (why? they aren't there. She's just repeating someone else's praise), it's so snarling and unappealing. I find her so, well, cartoonishly villainous...she seems so phony and full of herself. That can be a good thing in an industry that involves a lot of criticism, and most of the other designers aren't short on ego. But Reco and Merlin for instance also are hilarious and self-satirizing. Daniella is mostly self-aggrandizing, which is harder to take. She seems less self-aware. I think Reco knows he makes corsets and gowns a lot. Does Daniella know how often she repeats herself?

I'm rooting for Reco and Merlin...

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3527069;
    Merlin was full on hilarious, but Reco was painful to watch. He was utterly shattered, and had they sent him home it would have been criminal. It helps immensely if you can build and update previous designers, even the icons, but as long as you can make beautiful clothes, that's all that matters. Sewing IS better than knowing, Isaac. Miss Shoulder Pads proved that...

is anyone else tired of Daniella's constant scowling?
    YES!! Throw her butt outta' there. What a miserable person!!!

Even though I'm a "sewer" (hobby only), it is NOT better than knowing -- when it comes to designers. Most designers do not know how to sew.

FORT Regular

No repeats means there are no viewers..

The flaw in the concept of the show is that 2 of "the judges" are in the workroom seeing the process. In PR, Tim (an unbiased advisor) had contact with the designers.. no judges were in the workroom seeing all the drama. I have to remind myself that the show is on... I often check and see "the Real Houswives of some trashy trailer park"

I am having the worst luck with Bravo lately. Half the time it's not on the air so I keep missing this show and TC: Masters because it can't record if the station is off the air. I wonder what is up with that? If this keeps on I'm just going to give up on Bravo all together because I keep missing the only two shows I watch on Bravo.

Anyways, I come over here and read ya'lls posts and the recaps. Just as entertaining, actually more entertaining.

Since the conversion to digital, even though I have DirecTv, I have had several stations "searching for sat signal" on a constant basis. I have to reboot the box over and over again. I'm not sure it's Bravo per say, but the actual signal from the company.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Buglover: My only problem is with Bravo. It's constantly "searching for sat signal". If it were any other station, then I'd be calling my cable provider and fussing. But it's just Bravo and it's consistent enough that I've pretty much stopped trying to watch it and just hope you guys and the recappers do a bit on my two shows so I can keep up with them.

Glad to know I'm not the only one having problems with a station. I was beginning to think somebody just didn't want me watching this show!

I wanted to see Reco standing there artfully crying while Haven got the boot (I just never warmed up to her! She gave me such a 'mean girl' vibe). But I had to miss it due to the station being out, again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast