+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 5/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

old cow

Re: 5/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3463647;
    Fern, not sure designers are the most insecure people in the world. Actors, models, dancers -- people whose bodies are their instruments -- probably have them beat.
    Ha! I thought all artists were insecure and just hid it behind arrogance

old cow

oh wow, they got rid of Markus! Thats a shame! I really liked him

Reco is starting to remind me of Jimmy Walker.... Dy-no-mite!

old cow

well i am bushed so i will comment tomorrow when ive had a chance to sleep but i did notice something though...

i dont like the way the judges go off into another room/closet to talk/gossip about the contestants. It seems so high school-ish to me.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3463656;
    Reco is starting to remind me of Jimmy Walker.... Dy-no-mite!
    LoL! Yea really! Im not sure if i like him or not...idk just have to wait and see

Three hours of watching/posting has wiped me out.

See you all next week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3463625;
    Who was the one who had the built in shoe storage in the coat? Who would want to walk around lugging 5 prs of shoes on their back, what an idiotic idea. They would look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame in that.

I think the shoes were there for effect, but the jacket was supposed to be worn empty, and than when hung up in the closet hold the shoes.

Kao

AT this point, if I were Reco, I would be MAD AS HELL. I don't know what's worse; the fact that the judges pretty much told him that if it weren't for the fact that he was on the suck team he would have won or the fact that he's mostly self-taught and has better craftmanship and sewing skills than people on this show who'e been blessed with the opportunity to go to school and work steadily.

Design Skills vs Production Skills is a major issue on shows like this, because contestants are chosen on the strength of their portfolios and video interviews. The assumption is made based on your portfolio that you can not only design but also "produce" the finished product (ie: production); you can create the pattern, pick a proper fabric that works with what you want to do with it, sew and finish the garment to perfection. What seems to be happening is that there's a lot of people on this show who call themselves "designers" either weren't very good design production to begin with (and once they got a couple of people working under them seem to have forgotten the little bit they knew) or they just got lazy. I think they gave that particular mini-challenge for a reason, and they're going to start weeding out chaff ASAP.

That poor little Danielle, I don't blame her one bit for being upset. She pretty much did everything except make teh pattern and sew that coat for dude, and he just sat there and smugly took all the credit. I got the feeling that she didn't want to take credit for the whole thing; she just wanted it acknowledged that she helped him and he couldn't even do that! Oh, god...I would have been so evil. I know she just wanted to have her team be at their best but some people will take advantage of that, and it seems like Creeper is one of them. And what's even worse is that everyone KNEW, even Mr. Beetches. Next week I wouldn't help him at all; let him fall right on his face.

^That's the huge flaw of this show. The way the show is styled currently--how the contestants compete as groups and not as individuals--sometimes prevents the actual winner from winning. Reco is not one of my favorite (actually, I don't have any favorites except for maybe Anna), but I felt bad for him. He should have won.

I would be pissed also if I was Daniella. Maybe that's how the business goes, but it's still annoying to have another person take credit for your work. And not to mention that it's even more annoying when someone wins for your work. I hope he gets eliminated next.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I wasn't sure how I'd like this show, but I am enjoying it. I really like Isaac Mizrahi's sass. He's giving the contestants a dose of reality that is probably much needed. I really like the expert opinions at the end and the 4-judge panel.

There are 3 things that are bugging me, though. First, for whatever reason, I don't feel as if I can see the clothes as well as on Project runway. With the large audience, the cameras are further apart and they tend to angle downward rather than straighton or upward.

Also, I don't like the little discussions between Isaac, kelly, and they 3rd regular judge in the hallway. It is too staged and seems like filler.

Finally, there is something lacking in the energy level the show portrays. With Heidi and Tim, and even Michael Korrs and Nina Garcia, there was an air of lightness and playfullness. And, the lighting is very dim throughout.

All these things combine to make for a rather dark and unexciting show.

If they could tweak these things, it would be great!

The original can never be replaced

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast