+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Isaac Mizrahi - Host

Isaac Mizrahi - Host

Isaac Mizrahi
    Host

Born in Brooklyn, New York, Isaac Mizrahiís passion for design and performance began at an early age. As the son of a childrenís clothing manufacturer and a fashion-obsessed mom, Mizrahi was always encouraged to express his artistic flair. After a youth spent staging puppet shows in his backyard and creating clothes for his momís friends, Mizrahi studied acting at the High School of Performing Arts and Fashion Design at Parsons.

Mizrahi is the Creative Director for the Liz Claiborne brand, where he oversees design and marketing for the womenís apparel and accessories line. As a leader in the design business for almost twenty years, Mizrahi has been awarded four CFDA awards, including a special award in 1996 for the groundbreaking documentary Unzipped. Mizrahiís womenís collection is available both domestically and internationally and can be seen in fashion magazines around the globe, and his menswear collection expanded its distribution in the fall of 2008. In 2003, Mizrahi revolutionized the industry by teaming with Target to launch a collection of chic and stylish clothing and accessories for women. In addition, he oversees various licenses including shoes and home furnishing fabrics.

Mizrahi has created costumes for movies, theater, dance and opera in collaboration with Mark Morris, Twyla Tharp, Mikhail Baryshnikov and The Roundabout Theatre Company among others. In 2002, Mizrahi received the Drama Desk Award for his costume designs for The Women. Most recently, he made his costume design debut at the New York Metropolitan Opera with Orfeo ed Euridice.

In 1997, Mizrahi wrote a series of comic books entitled The Adventures of Sandee the Supermodel and he has appeared in films and television shows including Sex & the City, Ugly Betty and Celebrity Jeopardy, and hosted his own series on Oxygen and the Style Network. Mizrahi also won rave reviews in 1999 for his one-man, off-Broadway show Les Mizrahi.

Mizrahi is currently shooting his new web show, which can be seen at WatchIssac.com, and writing his first book How to Have Style. When not working, he enjoys spending time with his dog Harry, cooking, and reading his own blog.

Link to Season 1 Bios at BravoTV.com

Re: Isaac Mizrahi - Host

I have been watching the clips posted on Bravotv.com and I think this guy is adorable! It looks like he fulfills the Tim Gunn role. Since I watched the first season of Project Runway Canada on You Tube, I now have a fuller appreciation of how important the Tim Gunn role is!!!

old cow

Yea i like him...not as good as Tim Gunn IMO but still he's fun and sassy

What happened to his talk show? I really liked it!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Isaac Mizrahi the one who caused an uproar at the Golden Globe (or was it Oscar) red carpet when he groped Scarlett Johanssen's breasts, and did some equally offensive things to a couple of other actresses? He was an interviewer, I think. Very tacky, indeed, IF I have the right person.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I just saw him on Iron Chef America as a guest judge, he was so adorable and came off as really nice. He kept freaking me out with the way he would say "designers" and sounded just like Tim! I liked him, I didn't like Project Runway at first till after I watched a couple of seasons so I'm willing to give this show a chance to also hit it's stride.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3442205;
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Isaac Mizrahi the one who caused an uproar at the Golden Globe (or was it Oscar) red carpet when he groped Scarlett Johanssen's breasts, and did some equally offensive things to a couple of other actresses? He was an interviewer, I think. Very tacky, indeed, IF I have the right person.
    YES!!!!!

He definitely likes the breasts, that's for sure. When he was talking about the halter top being ill-fitting, one of his hands were making graspy motions, as if he were grabbing one, lol.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3442327;
    YES!!!!!

He definitely likes the breasts, that's for sure. When he was talking about the halter top being ill-fitting, one of his hands were making graspy motions, as if he were grabbing one, lol.

my thoughts were he hasn't touched a woman's breast in so long he just wanted to feel them again

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3442327;
    YES!!!!!

OMG that was him?! I thought that was that Coco guy....

meh' i still like him

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3454360;
    my thoughts were he hasn't touched a woman's breast in so long he just wanted to feel them again
    Designers, stylists and dressers touch the breasts of their clients all the time. It is accepted in this arena but on the red carpet, not so much.

I don't think he is a good host; it is not his strength. The host has to be impartial, ground the show and draw information out of others. Having a judge mingle with the designers as they create muddies the waters of impartiality.

I have complained about this and I will again. The lighting and set design is terrible!

One or two team challenges is plenty scattered throughout the seaon; it is time to see them on their own, echoing the general opinion here.

I will stick with it to heal my withdrawal from PR.

I agree, Jexter, the catty chats between Isaac and Kelly cheapen the show. Give your opinions directly to the designers and save sharing your take until judging. Neither of them should even be behind the scenes unless they are in a mentor position, anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast