+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isaac Mizrahi - Host

Re: Isaac Mizrahi - Host

I really don't like how he hosts/judges on this show. What's ironic is that his talk show on Oxygen was incredibly good! But then, the guests were people he loved and admired, which made him nicer and more jovial on camera. Apparently he needs to act imperious and pissy in front of "inferiors" like assistants and fashion neophytes. Others may forgive him for it when there aren't cameras around, but on TFS it's a real turnoff, and kind of infuriating for me to watch.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-26-2009 at 02:57 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3467226;
    Designers, stylists and dressers touch the breasts of their clients all the time. It is accepted in this arena but on the red carpet, not so much.
    He also looked down the front of Terri Hatcher's dress. I think he just likes breasts, period.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3467686;
    He also looked down the front of Terri Hatcher's dress. I think he just likes breasts, period.
    Oh yes, I remember that! I agree, he does like breasts, clearly.

FORT Fan

Love, love, love Isaac. While I knew a little about him before The Fashion Show seeing Isaac week after week I just fell in love with his personality. He has such a great way about him I look forward to next season.

He irritated the stuffing outta me. Way too arrogant.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

TFS is a cheap imitation of Project Runway. Issac Mizrahi is trying way too hard, and not succeeding.

FORT Newbie

I wanted to like this show, but the 1st episode was crap. It's generic compared to Project Runway. Isaac Mizrahi and Iman are not fun to watch. When Iman yelled, "It's a fashion emergency!", I was laughing at her, it's clothes, lighten up Iman.
    I think that Sarah Jessica Parker did a good job producing the Work of Art show; we all know she's big into fashion, Bravo could use the help, cause every fashion show (after PR changed networks) are bombing. They need to focus on a quality show instead of quickly filming a reality show on the topic of fashion. Project Runway had more of an authentic feel to it, I like how they film at Parsons, they take their time finding the chosen designers, and the judges are not over the top nutty.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by falconeddie;4103581;
    I wanted to like this show, but the 1st episode was crap. It's generic compared to Project Runway. Isaac Mizrahi and Iman are not fun to watch. When Iman yelled, "It's a fashion emergency!", I was laughing at her, it's clothes, lighten up Iman.
    I think that Sarah Jessica Parker did a good job producing the Work of Art show; we all know she's big into fashion, Bravo could use the help, cause every fashion show (after PR changed networks) are bombing. They need to focus on a quality show instead of quickly filming a reality show on the topic of fashion. Project Runway had more of an authentic feel to it, I like how they film at Parsons, they take their time finding the chosen designers, and the judges are not over the top nutty.
    Mizrahi isn't over the top nutty, Iman might very well be the biggest psycho on the show, but we'll have to see how she develops.

I thought it telling that Mizrahi was a whole lot more subdued this time around. The first season had him be a lot more pro-active. He engaged conversation and discussion with the designers, now, not so much. Iman overpowers him, which is a shame, because I can't help but to like the guy.

I don't think he's catty, I don't think he's rude, I think he's direct, but also constructive. Unlike Michael Kors, Isaac at least seems to keep his ego in check when he talks about fashion and clothes and workmanship.
    This is not a signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12